Hate and Consequences

The Color of Blood

On the exact same day, only about an hour before Siwon left Jungsoo's house again, Kyuhyun sat nervously in his father's home office and tapped with his fingertips on the desk.

Mr. Cho had summoned his son some time ago and kept him waiting for more than half an hour by now, but of course did Kyuhyun know what this talk was going to be about.

 

He had known that his father would count the money and he had known that he would discover his lie. Retrospectively, Kyuhyun regretted his decision to back Park Jungsoo – he didn't know him, so why didn't he just tell the truth? Wasn't it Mr. Park's fault when they tried to cheat on Mr. Cho?

But now it was too late. Now he had to bear the consequences.

 

The door in Kyuhyun's back swung open and the young man turned his head.

Mr. Cho entered the room and headed to the large desk, where Kyuhyun was currently sitting. Wordlessly, he sat down on the big office chair behind it.

His eyes were cold and straight and Kyuhyun's nervousness increased with every single second.

 

Two employees of Mr. Cho entered the room, too, and shut the door, before they positioned themselves on both sides behind their boss. This was definitely no meeting between a father and his son – the atmosphere was tensed and even a little threatening.

 

Kyuhyun briefly thought about saying one of his typical challenging statements, but he decided that it was better to wait for Mr. Cho to start the conversation. Due to his father's straight face, Kyuhyun couldn't assess Mr. Cho's grade of anger and he didn't want to displease him unnecessarily more.

 

You know why you are here, right?“

 

Kyuhyun took a deep breath, before he raised his glance and looked at his father.

Mr. Cho's face was still very controlled and nearly expressionless, only the pulsating vein on his temple revealed his rage.

Yes, I know why“, Kyuhyun answered as casually as possible and leaned back on his chair, folding his hands over his stomach. He bothered to look directly into his father's eyes, but he felt small drops of cold sweat building up in his own neck. He shivered slightly.

 

Do you know, how much money is missing due to your stupid little try to help these useless vermin?!“

 

The insult to Mr. Park and his son made Kyuhyun immediately clench his fists. He tried to hide them behind the desk and straightened up on his chair again. „Not exactly.“

It was really hard for Kyuhyun to not lose his temper. He was torn between the hate he felt towards his father again and the fear of risking his own or – even worse – Sungmin's health.

 

Mr. Cho stood up and places his palms on the desk.
„Two thousand dollar“, he spit out between slitted lips and looked straightly into his son's eyes, emphasizing every single syllable. The vein on his temple was about to explode and his fingers were cramped and nearly white, because he pressed them so hard against the desk.

 

Kyuhyun slightly shrugged his shoulders.
„You have enough money either, and Mr. Park doesn't.“

I never forced him to sign our contract – I gave him the money he needed, so he has to fulfill his part of the contract, too.“, Mr. Cho answered as controlled as possible and walked around the desk.

Minatorially, he placed his hands on the armrests of Kyuhyun's chair and brought his face close to Kyuhyun's.

 

On whom's side are you, Kyuhyun, mh?“, he asked with a dangerously low voice and nearly speared Kyuhyun with his glance.

The room's tension was nearly unbearable, but Kyuhyun swallowed hard and kept his eyes on Mr. Cho.

I'm on my own side, father.“ Unfortunately, his voice wasn't as strong as he intended.

 

You are a Cho, Kyuhyun“, his father continued quietly. „When you are on 'your own side', than you are on the Cho side, got it? If you aren't on the Cho side, it won't be pleasant for you, do you understand?“

 

I'm not on this ing Cho side“, Kyuhyun answered before he could even think about his words, while tons of anger slowly crawled up his body and blurred his mind.

He wasn't a Cho and he didn't want to be a Cho. He didn't want to be like his father.

 

To Kyuhyun's surprise, a silent chuckling left Mr. Cho's lips and he straightened up again, increasing the space between the two men again.

I knew that you would say something like this.“, he mumbled silently and folded his hands in front of his body. He looked down on his son and smirked again.

You know... When I was in your age, I was exactly the same tenacious, proud, young man – just like you. We have more in common than you think, Kyuhyun.“

 

I'm not like you!“, Kyuhyun called out and stood up from his chair.

He clenched his fists again, but this time he made no attempts to hide it. His face was grimaced in rage and anger and every sensible thought had left his head.

 

Accept it, Kyuhyun“, his father answered still smirking and looked over his son. „You are what you are – and YOU are a Cho.“
Before Kyuhyun could even open his mouth again, his father raised his hands in a placative gesture. „I'm sure, you will understand this some day. But nevertheless, you disappointed me, my son“, he continued with an evil smile and Kyuhyun's anger flew away.

The main reason for their meeting came into his mind again and a choking lump built up in his throat.

 

Believe me, I didn't appreciate to harm you, Kyuhyun.“

The calm voice of Mr. Cho made Kyuhyun shiver.

But I can not let you get away with this, you know?“


Mr. Cho stepped around his desk again and sat down on his office chair. He leaned his back against the chair's rest and took a deep breath. „But even if you think I'm a monster, I could never harm my own flesh and blood – and I could never charge someone to harm you, even if I truly wish I could.“

He made a long break and looked into his son's eyes.

 

Kyuhyun didn't know where his father wanted to get at. Was this all? A simple talk and a hidden threat? Obviously, his father was gracious today – he didn't seem to punish Kyuhyun for his lie.

When Mr. Cho didn't attempt to continue talking, Kyuhyun stood up from his chair and flattened his clothes.

Thank you.“, he spit out with hidden anger and bowed slightly. „If you don't mind, I will leave now.“

 

When Kyuhyun headed to the door, his father called him back.

Why don't we have some tea together?“, Mr. Cho asked placably and another evil grin appeared on his face.

Could you bring in the tea, please?“, Mr. Cho called out a little louder and Kyuhyun frowned a little, but he followed his father's eyes to the door.

 

Kyuhyun's heart stopped, when the door swung open and Sungmin stepped in.

 

It wouldn't be an exaggeration, if someone claimed that Sungmin's face was the most familiar sight Kyuhyun could imagine. He knew it better than his own and even in a crowd with thousands of people, Kyuhyun would find this one face which belongs to the only person he truly loved.

It was beautiful, special and unique – rosy cheeks, a continuous smile and sparkling eyes...

 

But this time, it was the exact opposite.

Sungmin's skin was pale and oppressed, when he entered Mr. Cho's home office:

Blue, green and purple bruises covered the main part of Sungmin's face and deformed it in a heartbreaking way. His lower lip was blemished by a deep crack and a thin line of blood was running down his jaw.

 

Sungmin's steps were careful and slow, while his shivering hands carried a heavy tray with a teapot and two cups. Not a single time he raised his glance to look at the present persons.

 

Kyuhyun was freezed in his position.

A body wasn't able to move without a heart, and right now, Kyuhyun's heart laid on the floor in front of him, shattered into millions of pieces and not able to keep Kyuhyun alive anymore. He started to shiver uncontrollably.

 

No...“, Kyuhyun whispered breathless and when he was able to move again, he rapidly headed to his love and stared horrified at Sungmin's face.

He grabbed Sungmin's shoulder and turned him around, so that the elder man lost the grip on the tray and it fell down on the floor. Glass broke and tea was spattered on the whole floor, but noone cared.

 

Sungmin...“, Kyuhyun whispered again and tears built up in his eyes.

He raised his hands and cupped Sungmin's injured face, but the smaller one winced at the slightest touch.

What did they do? … Baby, what did they do?“, Kyuhyun mumbled scarcely audible, completely shocked by the horrible sight. He lowered his hans, when he realized that his touches hurt Sungmin even more and it killed him again and again, but he couldn't avert his eyes.

 

WHAT DID YOU DO?“, Kyuhyun suddenly called out and turned around to his father again, who stood casually behind his desk and observed his suffering son. He smirked slightly and raised his hands. „I told you I could never harm you... But I had to take you to task, hadn't I?“


A loud rumbling appeared when Kyuhyun headed to the desk, upsetting the chair that stood in his way. „I KILL YOU, YOU AWEFUL BASTARD“, Kyuhyun bursted out in rage and was about to grab his father's collar, but with a small wink of Mr. Cho, the two employees grabbed Kyuhyun and held him down. „I KILL YOU! I'M ING GOING TO KILL YOU“, Kyuhyun screamed and tried to free himself, kicking and punching towards his father's employees.

 

Mr. Cho laughed silently and shook his head. „Is this a threat, Kyuhyun?“, he asked amused and nodded slightly, whereupon the taller employee out and punched directly into Kyuhyun's face.

Kyuhyun screamed and grimaced his face in pain, when another punch his his body. He briefly closed his eyes, when deep darkness filled up his head, but when he opened them again, he looked directly into his father's face.

 

Never dare to threat me again, understand?“, Mr. Cho whispered minatorially and harshly grabbed Kyuhyun's jaw.

From this day forward, you will do what I tell you, Kyuhyun“, he spit out disgusted and increased his grip, leaving ugly bruises underneath his fingers. „If you do not follow my requests, I will - “

 

What are you doing?!“

 

Due to the trouble, noone had heard the front door and Siwon stood surprisingly in the doorframe, both shocked and confused.

He briefly looked at the present persons and tried to understand the serious situation, when he stepped up to his brother and pulled him into his arms.

Mr. Cho detached his hand from Kyuhyun's face as he looked at his second son.

You better bring those two to their rooms now, Siwon. We've just finished“, he said casually and smirked again. He gave Kyuhyun a last, haunting look, before he turned around and sat down behind his desk again. Kyuhyun stumbled slightly, when the darkness was about to overwhelm him again.

 

Come on, Hyunnie...“, Siwon whispered silently and pulled his brother close, before he headed to the door again.

Come here, Sungmin“, he said silently and stretched out his second arm, before he lead both men outside the room.

Shht...“, he whispered calmingly, when he felt the two shivering bodies in his arms, while he made his way upstairs to his room.

 

- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - 

 

I'm really really sorry for the late update. My holidays are over so I had to continue working this week and I'm quite busy.

I hope you like it, even if it is kind of serious and... well, it isn't a nice chapter, I'm sorry!