Heartache and Fontness

The Color of Blood

Sungmin woke up in the early morning hours, when a silent rumbling and rustling filled up his room. Somnolent, he lifted himself up on his ellbows and ran his glance through the dark room.

The bedside next to him was empty.

 

Kyuhyun?“, he mumbled a little confused and yawned silently, before he sat up on the mattress and the bedside lamp. Sungmin squinted his eyes at the sudden light and winced a little, when a sharp pain cut right through his face. Raising his hand, he carefully touched the dark bruises under his left eye.

 

Yesterday evening, after Siwon brought Kyuhyun and Sungmin to his room, they decided that Sungmin should spent the night in Kyuhyun's room. Actually, they never dared to spent the whole night together, but now it didn't matter anymore. Mr. Cho knew about their relationship, so there was nothing that keeps them from showing it.

 

Sungmin looked around the lighted room and frowned a little, when he saw the mess all around him. The doors of Kyuhyun's wardrobe were open and the complete left side of it was empty. The clothes that had laid there before, were untidily placed on Kyuhyun's desk.

 

Right when Sungmin was about to got on his feet, the bedroom's door swung open and Kyuhyun entered the room again. He stumbled slightly when he saw the switched-on light and looked at the bed.

Oh, did I wake you up?“, Kyuhyun asked silently and quickly averted his eyes from Sungmin. He was carrying a huge pile of clothes on his arms and made his way towards the desk. On an empty corner, he laid down the pile and began to put the clothes into the empty shelves in his wardrobe.


„No, I didn't sleep much this night anyway“, Sungmin mumbled a little confused and went up to Kyuhyun.

What are you doing?!“, he asked silently and grabbed a shirt from the pile's top. These were obviously HIS clothes.

I'm sorting your things“, Kyuhyun answered casually with monotonous voice and grabbed the shirt off of Sungmin's hands to fold it again.

I see this, but why are you – “

 

You will move to my room. I made some space for your clothes and I'll buy another shelf for the rest of your stuff. I just started to take your most important things to my – no, to OUR – room, but I think I will be finished this afternoon. I'll drive with Siwon –“

 

Sungmin interrupted his boyfriend by pressing his palm against the younger men's lips. He knitted his eyebrows and eyed Kyuhyun disbelievingly. „Could you please shut up for some seconds?“, Sungmin asked silently and lowered his hand.

It's … it's a really nice idea, Kyuhyun, and I would really like to live with you here, but why are you doing this at ...“, Sungmin threw a brief glance on the clock next to Kyuhyun's bed, „... 5 a.m.?“

 

Kyuhyun kept his eyes on an undefined spot on the wall. He opened his mouth to continue talking, but with a deep sight he closed his lips again and let himself fall onto his office chair. He ran his hands over his slim face and shook his head slightly.

I won't let them to this again.“, he mumbled scarcely audible and shook his head again. „You need to be by my side 'cause when I'm not around, they will maybe harm you again and I'll never forgive me if this happens again...“

 

A silent sobbing escaped Kyuhyun's throat and he burried his face behind his hands. Sungmin grimaced his face in pain and sat down on Kyuhyun's lap. „Shht...“, he mumbled silently and wrapped his slim arms around Kyuhyun's shivering shoulders, before he pulled his friend's face against his own chest and burried his nose in Kyuhyun's hair.

 

It's not your fault, Kyuhyun...“, Sungmin whispered silently and closed his eyes, drawing slow circles on Kyuhyun's back. After some seconds, he felt that Kyuhyun lowered his hands and wrapped his arms around Sungmin's waist to pull him as close as possible.

It is...“, Kyuhyun disagreed nearly incomprehensibly. „I should have lied... Instead of saving my own boyfriend, I backed some random guy who tried to cheat on my father. If I had told my father the truth, he would have nev – “

 

Kyuhyun.“

For the second time this morning, Sungmin interrupted his lover. He gently pushed Kyuhyun away to look into his face. „You SAVED this guy“, he insisted silently and tried to look into Kyuhyun's eyes, but obviously, Kyuhyun avoided to look at Sungmin.

Hey...“ Sungmin raised his hand and placed it on Kyuhyun's cheek to turn his face a little. Indignantly, Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin, but only after two or three seconds, he averted his eyes again.

 

Why don't you look at me?“, Sungmin asked silently and swallowed hard.

He had noticed Kyuhyun's behaviour already on the last evening. When Siwon, Kyuhyun and Sungmin had been in Kyuhyun's room right after the meeting with Mr. Cho, Siwon cared for Sungmin's injuries, while Kyuhyun sat immovably on his bed and tried hard not to look at his boyfriend.

Weird thoughts crossed Sungmin's mind, while Siwon was cleaning and bandaging some of his wounds and bruises. Did his appearance disgust Kyuhyun?

 

To Sungmin's surprise, Kyuhyun answered his question with a light smile.

I would love to look at you, Min, but...“, Kyuhyun shook his head, „... you cannot imagine the pain I feel when I see your face like this“, he continued whispery and closed his eyes again. Blind, Kyuhyun raised his hand and placed it carefully on Sungmin's abused cheek, but he did his best to not cause any pain.

After endless seconds, he opened his eyes again and looked directly into Sungmin's face.

 

The most serious bruises were firstly underneath Sungmin's right eye and secondly on his left lower jaw. The skin on these spots was colored in darkblue, green and purple, and Kyuhyun tried hard not to imagine, which of his father's employees punished his lover in which way.

Slowly, Kyuhyun ran his fingertips over the abused skin and finally leaned forward to kiss his boyfriend on the lips.

It really hurts so see you like this...“, Kyuhyun repeated silently and a sad laughter pearled from his lips, before he shove his hand in Sungmin's neck and kissed him again.

It will disappear soon...“, Sungmin whispered against Kyuhyun's lips. 'At least the injuries at the outside', he added in his thoughts, but due to Kyuhyun he didn't speak this out.

 

* * * * *

 

Siwon's night was at least as short and un-relaxing as Kyuhyun's and Sungmin's.

Most of the time, he laid awake in his bed and tried to order the things that had happened on the last evening.

 

When he left Jungsoo's apartment and drove back home, he had been pretty sure that nothing would be able to ruin this perfect evening. The whole time, he wasn't able to banish the stupid smile from his face and he still felt Jungsoo's soft lips on his own.

To be honest, he would have liked to spend the whole night with him, but he didn't want to rush things.

 

Even if the relationship between himself and Jungsoo was forbidden and even if this is definitely not going to be like all those tragically romantic movies with endless love and stuff like this, he wanted to enjoy every single second with Jungsoo. And who knew? Maybe in some weeks or months or even years, Mr. Park will clear his debts and Siwon will grab Jungsoo's hand and ran away with him.

 

When this thought came to Siwon's mind, he shook his head with a slight smile. If it was only THAT easy...

 

With only one or two hours of sleep, Siwon got up on the next morning and got himself ready for work today. Even though the fight between his father and Kyuhyun – and especially the way Mr. Cho had treated Sungmin and Kyuhyun – stressed him, he couldn't wait to see Jungsoo again.

 

Siwon would have never expected that his father would go this far.

He knew that Mr. Cho liked to threat people, but that he would injure Sungmin and even Kyuhyun...?

Siwon was glad when he drove his car out of the mansion's parking garage and made his way towards Mr. Park's café. Now he was able to forget about his complicated family for some hours and this was exactly what he needed right now.

 

When Siwon reached the café, he knocked silently on the locked front door and peeped through the door's glass into the yet empty café. After some seconds, he saw Jungsoo coming out of the back office – with his typical bright smile on his lips and maybe even a little more pretty than in the days before.

 

Good morning...“ Jungsoo's voice was calm but a little shy as he opened the door for Siwon and let him in. He lowered his glance briefly and locked the door behind the tall man, chuckling slightly at the uneasy situation. He didn't actually know how to react right now...

Siwon, however, just did what he wanted to do the whole morning: When the door was locked and Jungsoo turned around to him, he placed his hands on both of Jungsoo's cheeks and gave him a soft kiss right on his lips.

Good morning...“, he replied silently and smiled slightly, looking deeply into the elder man's eyes.

 

Jungsoo shivered visibly and a bright smile appeared on his lips. A little hesitantly, he placed his hands on Siwon's hips and leaned forward to steal another kiss from him. He felt Siwon's strong arms wrapping around his shoulders and a deep sight pearled from his lips, when he was pulled closely against Siwon's broad shoulders.

 

Yesung will come soon...“, Jungsoo whispered after some endless seconds and slowly detached himself from Siwon. The younger man winked smirking and hung his jacket on the wardrobe.

How is your father? Will he be able to work again soon?“, Siwon changed the topic and headed to the bar, where he filled two cups with fresh, hot coffee. He handed one cup to Jungsoo and a shiver ran down his spine, when their fingers accidently touched.

 

He recovers more and more with every day“, Jungsoo said smiling and took a sip of his coffee. „He didn't feel completely fit yet, but he said that he will try to work for at least two or three hours a day now.“

Siwon nodded slightly and gave Jungsoo a soft smile.

'At least he was okay again', he thought to himself and placed his cup on the empty bar. 'Now I just have to find a reason why I have to do the café's bookkeeping, otherwise my plan won't work.'

 

As he had enough time to think last night, Siwon had drawn up a plan to help Mr. Park and Jungsoo paying their instalments. Siwon had made the café's bookkeeping for the last weeks and it was not a secret that there wasn't enough money left to pay Mr. Cho properly.

But when Siwon secretly changed the figures and constantly put some of his own money into the cash box...

He knew that this was going to be dangerous and he has to be very precise and conscientious but if this was an opportunity to safe Jungsoo, Siwon would risk it.

 

​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - 

 

Finally the next update! I'm sorry for letting you wait for such a long time, but work is keeping me quite busy at the moment. I hope you like it though :)