Confession and Rejection

The Color of Blood

Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Sungmin's exhausted body and placed a gentle kiss on his head. His own breath leaked pantingly from his swollen lips and he shivered, when his sweaty body started to cool down again.

Kyuhyun felt the other man's hands on his back and smiled a little, when a deep sight left his lover's pretty lips. Sungmin's hot breath touched his neck, followed by a light kiss.

 

Are you okay?“, Kyuhyun whispered softly and hid his nose in Sungmin's black hair, deeply inhaling the familiar smell of berries and vanilla. He never loved anything more than this.

Sungmin nodded his head and pulled Kyuhyun as close as possible.

I'm more than okay...“, he replied whispery, while his fingertips slowly down Kyuhyun's back. A slight chuckle pearled from Sungmin's lips. „You're getting goose bumps.“

He turned his head a little to look into Kyuhyun's eyes. With every further , Sungmin sent another shiver down Kyuhyun's spine.

 

The younger man laughed silently and flipped his finger softly against Sungmin's forehead.

You're so smart, Sherlock Holmes“, he whispered winking and pulled his boyfriend even closer.

Hey!“, Sungmin exclaimed and chuckled again.

He turned his head away and hid his face on Kyuhyun's neck, closing his eyes to recover from the last exhausting but passionate hour.

Kyuhyun smiled softly and placed another kiss on Sungmin's hair.

 

The night was Kyuhyun's favourite time of the day and he tried to enjoy every single second.

By day, he wasn't able to be with Sungmin – at least not in the way he wanted to – but after everyone went to sleep and the Cho mansion was filled with unusual peace and silence, they could finally be together.
Every evening, Kyuhyun waited impatiently for 11 p.m., since this was the time when his door usually swung up and his heart went back to his body again.

 

After minutes of silence, Kyuhyun sighted deeply and to his back, slowly running his hand over his slim face. He didn't want to distroy their special moment right now, but...

 

He felt Sungmin move in his arms.

What's wrong?“, the smaller man asked worried and lifted himself up onto his right ellbow. He faced Kyuhyun and frowned a little, when he saw Kyuhyun's concerned face.

 

Don't get mad, okay?“, Kyuhyun mumbled silently and turned his head to look into Sungmin's dark eyes.

He raised his hand and his lover's arm, before he took another deep breath.

His behaviour unsettled Sungmin more and more.

Kyuhyun, what's wrong?“, Sungmin asked worried and looked into his boyfriend's eyes.

Another pause, another deep breath.

 

I'll have an appointment next week...“, Kyuhyun mumbled finally, avoiding Sungmin's glance.

What appointment?“

Still Sungmin's arm, Kyuhyun closed his eyes. His heartbeat banged in his ears and a heavy weight pressed against his chest.

An appointment for my father.“

 

Sungmin sat up rapidly and Kyuhyun's hand fell down onto the mattress.

YOU HAVE WHAT?!“
Sungmin's indignant voice ruptured the silence and made Kyuhyun wince. He had reckoned with a similar reaction, but though the weight on his chest became even heavier. Kyuhyun opened his eyes again and sat up.

The disgusted expression on Sungmin's face cut right into his heart.

 

Please, don't look at me like this...“, Kyuhyun whispered desperately and reached out his hand but Sungmin slapped it aside.
„YOU HAVE WHAT?!“, Sungmin exclaimed again and sent another wince through Kyuhyun's body.

Sungmin, they might wake up and hear–“

I DON'T CARE IF THEY ING HEAR ME!“

Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun with angered face and furious eyes.

 

Some seconds passed, before Sungmin closed his eyes and raised his hands calmingly. He took two, three deep breaths and opened his eyes again, directly looking at Kyuhyun.

Tell me that you don't have an appointment for your father!“, Sungmin claimed and though his voice was lower now, it hadn't lost its pejorative and angry tone.

Kyuhyun kept silent for some time and searched desperately for the right words.

 

He didn't want Sungmin to be mad at him. Ever since they confessed their love to each other three years ago, they didn't have a single fight. Kyuhyun had known that Sungmin would be angered about it, but what was his choice? How could he explain it to him?

Kyuhyun decided for the truth...

 

My father found out about us...“, he whispered and hid his face in his slim hands.

Oh...“

The blankets rustled silently and right next to Kyuhyun, the mattress caved in a little. He felt Sungmin's warm hands around his wrists and allowed them to pull them down.

I'm so sorry, Min...“, Kyuhyun whispered, his voice filled with despair. The look in his eyes made Sungmin's heart ache and the elder man shook his head quickly.


„It's not your fault, Kyu...“, he mumbled and entangled his finger's with Kyuhyun's. He lowered his glance and looked onto their hands. „What did he say...?“

Kyuhyun gently sqeezed Sungmin's hands.

He actually didn't... SAY that he knows it...“, he mumbled silently and raised Sungmin's left hand to place a gentle kiss on the back of his hand. „But he said, if I refuse doing the appointments, someone will suffer be-“, Kyuhyun swallowed hard, „because of me.“

 

Sungmin's face became serious and even a little anxious. He nodded slightly and let go of Kyuhyun's hands, before he climbed onto his lover's lap and cuddled up to his bare chest. „And you think he means me, right?“

Wrapping his arms around Sungmin, Kyuhyun leaned his chin on Sungmin's head. „I will never let him harm you, Min...“, he whispered instead of answering Sungmin's question.

 

If saving Sungmin meant committing a crime, Kyuhyun would even kill someone.

 

* * * * *

 

On the following day, another meeting with the Cho business was intended.

For the first time, Kyuhyun wasn't late and sat already on his chair, when his father's employees and his brothers entered the room.

Wow, what's wrong, rebel?“, Hangeng smirked and took the seat next to his father's – yet empty – chair. Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow and continued playing with a pen in his hand. „I'm always good for a surprise“, he answered casually and looked into his brother's eyes. He smirked a little and gave him an arrogant glance. „Next time, you better leave your patronizing tone out, alright, dear brother?“


It was always the same, when Kyuhyun and Hangeng were in the same room:

Neither they could ignore each other, nor they could start a sensible conversation.

Hangeng rejected Kyuhyun because he refused to work for his father. To Hangeng, the family's business was part of every Cho, even if one didn't appreciate Mr. Cho's manners. The business guaranteed their high living standard and it was false to say, that the business only harmed people:

Everyone made a contract with Mr. Cho by their own choice and they knew the contract's conditions. At least, this is what Hangeng believed in.

 

Kyuhyun knew about Hangeng's reaction, but he was pretty okay with this. He didn't want to be part of the Cho family and the only one, Kyuhyun had a good relationship with, was Siwon.

Donghae was somewhat in between Siwon and Hangeng: he had quite the same attitude towards Kyuhyun, but – opposite to Hangeng – Donghae differed in familiar matters and those relating to the Cho business. He didn't talk much with Kyuhyun, but he didn't reject him completely, too.

 

Calm down, Hyunnie“, Hangeng replied now and laughed silently, immediately stiring up Kyuhyun's blood again. He hated this nickname.

Kyuhyun was about to stand up, but he felt a heavy hand on his left shoulder and turned his head.

Could you guys please stop your senseless hostilities?!“, Siwon asked bugged out and sat down next to Kyuhyun. He looked straight into his twin's eyes and waited some seconds, before he detached his hand from Kyuhyun's shoulder.

 

Kyuhyun clenched his teeth in anger.

Thanks for your support, Siwon“, he spit scarcely audible and threw a last look at the grinning Hangeng.

His glance turned towards the door, when he heard his father's distinctive voice.

 

Mr. Cho entered the room with the last missing son, Donghae.

The young man laughed silently and said something to his father that made Mr. Cho join the laughter. In an unusual loving gesture, Mr. Cho Donghae's black hair and sat down on his chair.

 

Kyuhyun grimaced his face in disgust.

He wasn't able to comprehend Donghae's uncommitted behaviour towards they father: a villain, a kidnapper, a murderer.

Related to the four brothers, Donghae might have the best relation to their father. In their privat life, Donghae saw Mr. Cho as his FATHER and not as the head of the Cho business. Besides, he was the only Cho son who called Mr. Cho 'dad' instead of the distant 'father'.

 

Ah, Kyuhyun“, Mr. Cho called out with an open smile and eyed his son. „I'm pleased to see you in time today.“ He leaned back on his chair and placed his hands on both arm rests.

Kyuhyun swallowed down the aspersion, that built up on his tongue, and nodded his head slightly, ignoring the smirk on his father's lips.

With an arrogant gesture, Mr. Cho stood up from his chair again and faced every member of the small audience.

I think we're complete, right?“, Mr. Cho asked smiling, allthough all attendees knew that this question was perfectly unnecessary. Mr. Cho would notice if someone was missing (and the only one, who ever appeared late, was Kyuhyun).

 

I'm enormously pleased to tell you, that we have a surprising shift in someone's opinion.“, Mr. Cho continued and stretched out his hand to showcase Kyuhyun. „My third son, who is finally in the age of joining my precious business, decided to accompany us and from this day foward, he will be inducted into our business.“

 

Kyuhyun felt all pairs of eyes turning to him, but he kept his own eyes locked with Mr. Cho's.

Is this true?!“, he heard Siwon disbelieving whisper next to him, but Kyuhyun didn't answer.

Bottomless hatred filled his throat, caused by his father's self-complacent words.

'I would never do this, if you didn't threaten Sungmin', Kyuhyun thought to himself and he knew, that his father was able to read his mind right now.

 

A generous smile appeared on Mr. Cho's face, when he walked around the table and placed his hands on both of Kyuhyun's shoulders.

This new development causes some changes in our further strategie.“
Mr. Cho turned his head and looked at Siwon. „Siwon, you certainly don't mind, if I confer your appointment in two days on Kyuhyun, right?“, he asked and his voice's tone caused nausea and disgust in Kyuhyun's whole body.

 

Kyuhyun turned his head and eyed Siwon, who stiffened a little on his chair.

You mean the Park-appointment?“, he mumbled and Kyuhyun frowned a little about Siwon's discomfortable tone. Did Siwon insist upon this task? Did he start to appreciate his father's business?

 

Mr. Cho detached his hands from Kyuhyun's shoulders and lifted them up in an appeasing gesture. „I have already picked out another appointment for you, Siwon“, Mr. Cho said and slowly stepped back to his seat. „So, you don't mind, do you?“

 

Underneath the table, Siwon's fingers scratched over his fabric of his jeans, but automatically he shook his head. „I don't mind, father“, he lied and looked into Mr. Cho's eyes.

 

He DID mind it...

He wanted to participate in the Park-appointment.

He wanted to protect Jungsoo, if anything goes wrong again.

Siwon looked at Kyuhyun and took a deep breath.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

Dadaaaa. KyuMin and some new developments in the Cho business... 
I'll continue preparing my exams now ... but ... I'm quite demotivated, so it might be that I continue writing instead, haha :D