Mistrust and Decisions

The Color of Blood

Siwon had expected several reactions due from Jungsoo: disappointment or denial, anger, discomposure or rage, but when he saw Jungsoo's face in this moment, his heart clenched painfully and caught his breath.

 

Jungsoo's face was showing pure fear.

 

Jungsoo, I can explain this...“, Siwon started to speak, but his opposite slowly shook his head and made Siwon silent again. With tiny steps, Jungsoo walked back towards the door.

 

You are the guy who held me down...“, Jungsoo whispered nearly unhearably and winced a little, when his back hit the closed door behind him. „You held me down while these guys were bashing my father... You- You were present when they did this...“

 

Rememberances of the first meeting with Mr. Cho cut through his head.. The tall guy in the long black coat, who had tried to calm him down and who hadn't done anything to stop Mr. Cho's employees...

 

You have been that guy...“

 

Jungsoo's voice was monotonous and silent, but it drone in Siwon's ears like a scream.

In a helpless try to explain himself, Siwon made a step forward and opened his lips, but Jungsoo shook his head again.

 

You leave now.“

 

Siwon was pretty sure that Jungsoo wanted to sound decided and straight, but his voice broke and made his words helpless.

 

Jungsoo, I was just trying to -“

 

YOU WERE PUTTING UPON ME!“

The sudden exclamation made Siwon wince.

You were worming your way into my confidence! You were exploiting me and my father's trust“

 

Siwon winced at the heavy words because he knew that Jungsoo really thought like this right now.

 

What was your intention? Spying our financial situation? Exploiting up competely? Harming us even more?!“

 

The room's atmosphere turned and the former fear was replaced by pure anger and rage. Jungsoo made a step towards the taller man, but he still kept an observant distance to Siwon.

 

Avoiding to look into Jungsoo's upset face, Siwon closed his eyes and took one, two deep breaths. „I was asking for a job in your father's café to support you“, he started and before Jungsoo was able to interrupt him again, he raised his hand to keep him silent.

First I just wanted to fill the gap your father's injury had caused – yes, I know that it was made by my father – but then I saw your bookkeeping and I knew that you're not able to pay the instalments without going broke.“

 

It was hard for Siwon to control his voice. Preferably, he would speak out these words twice as fast, just to let Jungsoo know about his intention as soon as possible. He didn't want Jungsoo to think badly about him...

 

I changed your books and assigned an employee of my father to fake some documents, so that the finance office wouldn't discover it. I put money into your cashboxes, so that I could be sure you're father has enough money for the next appointment with my father.“

 

Siwon ran his left hand through his hair and sighted deeply. He raised his glance and looked at Jungsoo, who was still standing motionlessly in front of him.

 

... Jungsoo?“

 

His opposite shook his head slowly, before he turned around and opened the door. „You better leave now, Siwon“, he repeated his former assignment, but now it sounded rather sad than fearful.

 

'He didn't believe it...', Siwon thought and swallowed hard, before he grabbed his jacket and went up to the door. Jungsoo drew back a little, when Siwon came closer and this made Siwon's heart ache even more.

 

Standing in the doorframe, Siwon turned his head and looked at Jungsoo again.

Even if it was all a lie, I really like you, Jungsoo...“, he said silently and deep sadness appeared for the fraction of a second on his slim face. „I hated lying to you and when I realized the feelings between us, I -“

 

There are no feelings between us.“, Jungsoo cut him off and looked into his eyes. „Now leave our café.“

 

Siwon knew that he had lost.

Resigned, he lowered his head and nodded slightly, turning around and heading for the café's door. He didn't look back at the costumers or Mr. Park or Yesung – not even at Jungsoo –, he just made his way out of the room – and out of Jungsoo's life...

 

 

* * * * *

 

 

Kyuhyun's hand was slowly wandering down Sungmin's arm, while he leaned his lips against the elder man's head. He took a deep breath of the familiar smell and a light smile appeared on his face.

 

Kyuhyun turned his face a little to look down on the pretty man, who was lying with his head on Kyuhyun's chest and looked at the wall opposite the bed. Lost in thoughts, he slowly caressed Kyuhyun's stomach and a small wrinkle was set on his forehead.

 

What's wrong?“, Kyuhyun asked silently and lifted his right hand to tip on the tiny wrinkle.

 

Sungmin winced slightly and lifted his head. „Mh?“

 

You were absent...“

 

The elder man nodded slightly and sat up in the bed, pulling the covers over his bare lower body. Kyuhyun's hand, that had caressed Sungmin's arm earlier, slid down his lover's body and rested on his back.

 

Have you ever thought about leaving?“, Sungmin asked silently and looked into Kyuhyun's eyes, knowing that his question would surprise his friend.

Just as expected, Kyuhyun frowned a little and sat up, too.

 

What do you mean?“

 

Sungmin shrugged his shoulders.

Leaving.“, he repeated silently and lowered his glance. He folded his hands on his lap and detached them again, restlessly playing with the white covers. „We could pack our bags, take a train and never come back again...“

 

Kyuhyun's heart clenched a little, when he saw the desperate expression running over Sungmin's loveable face. „We can't, Sungmin...“, he mumbled silently and grabbed Sungmin's restless fingers, covering them with his large hand.

 

Why not? We can start a new live – you go to university, I'll get a job... we don't need much.“ Sungmin raised his glance and looked into Kyuhyun's eyes. „It would be just you and me.“

 

Kyuhyun couldn't help but smile a little. He gently over Sungmin's fingers, before he lifted his friend's hand and placed a soft kiss on it's back.

It sounds great...“, he mumbled silently, but then he shook his head and lowered Sungmin's hand again. „But I'm not able to leave. I don't appreciate my father's business and I will never do, but if I ever leave, he will find me...“

 

You can fake our documents. Your father's employees know how to do that...“

 

My father's employees are unconditionally loyal towards my father“, Kyuhyun replied and tightened his shoulders. „It is out of question for me to leave Seoul, Min.“

 

Sungmin's jaw strained and he held his look some more seconds, before he got on his feet and put on the briefs he had carelessly thrown onto the floor before.

Kyuhyun, this is not the life I want to live forever“, Sungmin said accentedly calm and grabbed his jeans to put them on.

He was just about to grab his shirt, too, when a strong hand wrapped painfully around his wrist.

 

What do you mean...?“

 

In all those years, the two young men knew each other now, Sungmin had never heard Kyuhyun's voice that weak before. He swallowed hard and avoided looking at his boyfriend. „Kyuhyun, you're hurting me...“

 

The grip around his wrist loosened a little, but still Kyuhyun kept Sungmin's wrist trapped between his long fingers. „You don't leave, right?“, Kyuhyun asked anxiously and hurried to get on his feet. He stepped in front of Sungmin and his face was grimaced in pain.

 

It broke Sungmin's heart, when he finally raised his glance again.

 

Couldn't you understand...?“, Sungmin asked quietly and a huge weight was pressing against his chest. He had these thoughts in his head for a long, long time, but speaking them out made him nearly choke now.

 

I am living the life of a prisoner... I'm not allowed to leave the mansion in my free time, I have to stand your father's advices because otherwise I have to fear another abuse... Kyu, this isn't the life I want to live!“

 

Kyuhyun shoulders sink in and his glance became unbearably tired. „But leaving Seoul would mean leaving me, too...“, he said silently and his last piece of hope expired, when he looked into Sungmin's eyes now.

 

I know...“, Sungmin mumbled silently, before he turned around and left the room.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

I'm really really really really sorry for the late update, but now - finally: Tadaaa, there it is...
My heart ached a little when I wrote it, haha...