Help and Gratitude

The Color of Blood

Exactly 30 minutes after their call, Siwon arrived at Mr. Park's café. He was a little out of breath and pretty sure that he had broke some traffic rules, but... he had a quite good reason, hadn't he?

He didn't want Jungsoo to wait for him.

Siwon threw a last glance into his car's mirror, before he parked his car a little aside again and covered the last meters by foot.

 

Jungsoo stood already in front of the closed café – it was only 8 a.m. and since the café wasn't based in the city centre, they opened primally from 10 a.m – and a kind smile appeared on his face.

Good morning!“, Jungsoo greeted in a good temper and jingled with his bunch of keys, casually leaning against the closed door of the café.

Ready for some work?“, he asked laughing and searched for the right key, before he pushed himself off the door and opened it.


„I hope so“, Siwon answered with a wry smile. He stepped into the empty café and waited for Jungsoo to lock the door again, before he took out his jacket and looked about.

It looks quite different when there are no people in here.“, Siwon stated smiling and turned his head to Jungsoo.


„Definitely!“

The elder man chuckled slightly and entered the office through the door behind the bar.

Come on, we'll first close the contract and then I'll show you what you will have to do, okay?“, Jungsoo called out and Siwon hurried to follow him into the office.

 

The desk was in the same mess as the day before – or even a little worse. Siwon saw some presorted piles with documents, but they didn't seem to follow a straight order.

Pointing at the desk, Siwon sat down on the chair in front of it. „I guess your father always did the paperwork, right?“

Jungsoo raised his glance from the papers he had currently run over.

Yes, he did“, he mumbled silently and looked a little desperately at the mess. „I tried to order it but... I think I'm not that good in those things.“ A little smile appeared on Jungsoo's face, before he sat down on the office chair. He sighted unknowingly.

 

For some seconds, Siwon kept silent.

Maybe I can help you with that“, he finally suggested and gained a surprised glance from Jungsoo.

You're schooled in book-keeping?!“, Jungsoo asked astonished. „I thought you're studying law.“

Siwon shrugged his shoulders.

My father is... kind of self-employed and he tought me a little about it.“ He looked at Jungsoo again and smiled . „I could try it at least, if you want.“

 

A grateful and relieved expression appeared on Jungsoo's face. „You're currently saving my life“, he said quietly and smiled, causing a shiver that ran down Siwon's spine, when he looked into Jungsoo's eyes.

'I promised to make the damage good again, didn't I?', he thought to himself and winked.

Come on, let's get this contract ready“, Siwon said to Jungsoo, before he leaned forward and eyed the small bunch of papers in Jungsoo's hands.

 

* * * * *

 

After they had completed all formalities, Jungsoo showed Siwon around the café and the staff rooms. He explained some general things Siwon needed to know – where to find materials, where he could leave his jacket, where he could spent his break, and, and, and – and answered all his questions patiently.

In between, Jungsoo and Siwon talked a little about their lifes. It was basically small talk, but Siwon enjoyed experiencing a little about Jungsoo.

 

Jungsoo and his father used to live in a quite small town in the west of Southern Korea and moved to Seoul six months ago. Both dreamed about opening a small café and so they tried to fulfill their common wish.

They put a lot of effort into it and when Jungsoo talked about this topic, Siwon could see his enthusiasm for the café.

Of course, Jungsoo did not mention their dubious credit and – of course – he didn't know that Siwon was in on it.

 

Besides, Jungsoo told him a little about his family: He had an elder sister who still lived in the small town where they originally came from. His mother passed away when he was a child and he spoke quite uninvolved about her – he stated, that he couldn't remember her at all and that his father gave him all he needed. He laughed a little embarrassed as he tolt Siwon, that he never felt like needing a mother. „I know this sounds strange“, he mumbled, but Siwon immediately negated his statement.

I never had a mother either“, Siwon answered quietly and without looking at each other, both of them felt a thin, thin band forming between them.

 

However, Siwon refrained a little from telling too much about his own life.

He knew, that, on the one hand, he wasn't able to tell Jungsoo the truth but, on the other hand, he wanted to avoid lying to him.

Keeping the information about his private life as short as possible, Siwon just mentioned his three brothers and talked about 'harmless' things: They talked a lot about their favourite bands and movies – they noticed that their tastes were quite similar – and how they normally spent their free time, what they like and what they dislike.

Both could hardly remember another conversation that easygoing and unburdened.

 

During the talk, Siwon noticed again that Jungsoo was a person full of vitality and joy. He laughed a lot and his smile seemed to be tattooed on his pretty face. A slight dimple always appeared in the left corner of Jungsoo's mouth and made his face even more special.

Siwon was fascinated by his charisma and his appearance and he couldn't deny the tiny affection that slowly arose in his heart...

How could he ever dare to hurt him...

 

At the end of their walkabout, Jungsoo patiently explained Siwon how to use the different machines behind the bar. He showed him where to find the different glasses for all those variations of coffee, that Siwon could hardly keep in mind and explained how to serve them in the proper way. A latte macchiato needed a high glass with a long spoon, a cappuccino a midsize cup and a saucer, a coffee with milk was different to a white coffee – Siwon's head was spinning.

However, he tried to keep in mind as much as possible and listened carefully to Jungsoo's words.

 

About 20 minutes before the café opened, Yesung – one of Mr. Park's employees – arrived and welcomed Siwon in his new working place. They decided that Siwon should start doing the paperwork, while Yesung and Jungsoo serve the customers.

Siwon agreed to Jungsoo's suggestion and gave him a kind smile, before he entered the office again.

He felt the other man's gaze on his back and as he turned his head before shutting the door, he met Jungsoo's grateful dark eyes.

 

* * * * *

 

Maybe it wasn't the best working condition, when you have to do overtime on your very first day of work...

 

Siwon smirked a little, when this thought crossed his mind, while he structuredly tried to arrange all those documents and bills. Obviously, not even Mr. Park was very skilled in dealing with the paperwork, since Siwon couldn't find any order in his folders and maps.

 

He decided to mess up Mr. Park's whole book-keeping and started to do it in the same way his father always organized his things. Siwon wasn't sure if Mr. Park would approve it, but Siwon knew that he hardly had another chance.

'At least one suitable thing my father tought me', Siwon thought with a slight smile.

 

A quiet beating on the door made Siwon look up from his work. A silent rumbling and clangour followed, but the door didn't open.

Siwon frowned a little and stood up. He headed to the door and right when he reached it, the door swung open and Jungsoo stood in the door frame.
He carried a tray in his hands and a wry smile appeared on his lips.

I guess I need a third hand“, he mumbled chuckling and entered the room.

He stumbled as he saw the huge mess on the desk.

 

Is it THAT bad...?“

Jungsoo turned his head and despair appeared on his face.
Siwon chuckled slightly – Jungsoo was definitely a person who wasn't able to hide his feelings. Siwon could read him like a book.

I think I'll manage it“, Siwon replied winking without directly answering Jungsoo's question.

Okay, it IS that bad...“

Jungsoo sighted and placed the tray on a wobbly pile of papers.

 

When he turned around, the despair was suddenly replaced by another bright smile.

I brought you some food“, Jungsoo stated and cleared a small part of the desk. He placed a steaming bowl, which was filled with a deliciously smelling soup, in the gap between the papers.

Siwon chuckled.

Great, I'm starving“, Siwon admitted and went back to the desk. He sat down on the office chair and looked up to Jungsoo, who placed a cup of tea next to Siwon's meal and handed him a spoon and a napkin.

 

You can quit whenever you want, okay?“, Jungsoo asked a little concerened and lifted the now empty tray. Siwon nodded and smiled calmingly.
„I know“, he answered and winked. „But I want to bring at least half of it into being today.“

 

A little insecure, Jungsoo bit his lower lip and put the tray in the empty chair in front of the desk. He walked around the table and wrapped his arms around Siwon's neck.
„Thank you, thank you, thank you...“, he mumbled silently and hugged him softly.

Siwon cringed at Jungsoo's compelling smell and placed his hand gently on Jungsoo's back.

Don't mention it...“, he mumbled and enjoyed his flittering heartbeat.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

WonTeuk!!!

I guess, Siwon is (in this story) just like all those Super Junior Fangirls - noone can resist falling in love with Leeteuk ;)