Gateway to your soul.

나비~Butterfly

Hello again!

A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter. I listened to Don't Go by Exo from their new album while typing this. That song is so beautiful! Their voices...! I was turned into a pile of goo. Anyway, I hope this chapter isn't weird or confusing or anything. So ENJOY!

 


 

“Are you okay? I'm sorry for grabbing you like that. I just couldn't be there any longer..." I looked anywhere but Kyungsoo's eyes, hoping I wouldn't burst out crying in front of him. Couldn't embarrass myself in front of my new friend.
 
I saw him hand me a small notebook and read what he wrote, 'If you need to cry, cry. It's not good to keep those tears in.'
 
I looked up and smiled for him, “Don't be silly. I don't want to cry. I'm fine, really."
 
He looked like he didn't believe me but gladly before he wrote anything Junmyeon decided to arrive. He went straight to Kyungsoo and patted him on his back and smiled at him wide. 
 
"Kyungsoo-ah, how is my best friend?" He said.
 
Kyungsoo wrote on his notebook and Junmyeon looked confused as he read and then looked up at me. The way he smiled reminded me of when we were kids and he would tease me because of my height and now he's not so tall either. “Amber! I didn't know you and Kyungsoo had the same class!"
 
Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and I giggled, which made Junmyeon smile more. “I didn't know you knew I was coming here."
 
His eyes widened a little and he scratched the back of his head, “Well... long story short, your Mom told my Aunt that told my Mom and she told me and yeah... Here we are!!"
 
I laughed again, “Yes, here we are."
 
Kyungsoo shoved his notebook in front of Junmyeon, who read it quickly. 
 
“Oh! Thank you for reminding me, SooSoo!" He hugged the younger, who was the same height as him. Wow, Junmyeon really is short. He turned to me, “I have singing lessons today. Want to join me and Kyungsoo?"
 
I shrugged, “Sure. I got nothing to do."
 
~
 
I was sitting in the corner of a music room and waiting for Junmyeon's teacher to arrive but saw only Kyungsoo in here with us. 
 
“Where's your teacher?" I asked.
 
Junmyeon pointed to Kyungsoo. I got even more confused. 
 
"How does that even happen?", I asked.
 
“Well Kyungsoo has taken vocal lessons since he was little before he lost his voice. He may not talk but he's a good listener and very observant. That's why I chose him as my teacher. I've actually improved more with him than I have with other teachers." Junmyeon explained. 
 
I was surprised. There was a lot to Kyungsoo than I thought. This boy was so talented. I wish I could have heard his singing. 
 
Kyungsoo wrote something and showed it to us. 'We have to get started.'
 
~
 
Junmyeon was trying to hit a note when I decided to go to the restroom since my bladder needed to emptied. When I was on my way back I ran into Junmyeon. He looked a but worried.
 
“What's wrong?" I asked him.
 
He turned around, “My Dad needs me. He said it was an emergency. I'll call your house later. Please take Kyungsoo home." He turned back around and ran off.
 
I just stood there for a while then walked back to the room in search of Kyungsoo. Suddenly I heard someone playing the piano. I felt like I heard the song before. I walked into the room where we were in and saw him at the piano. His fingers were moving across the keys, I was completely mesmerized. I walked closer to the piano and he never looked up, his eyes were closed. I laid my arms on the top and kept quiet as he continue playing.
 
He never missed a note or messed up and swayed along to the music he was playing. I found myself staring at his hands, which look beautiful. I almost cried when I realized that the song he was playing was the song played when I met my first real crush that wasn't Suho.
 
I was twelve. My sister and I were staying with my Aunt in Canada for a month while my Mom and Dad went to a business thing he had. My Aunt was invited to a wedding where I met “him”. I feel so stupid for actually thinking at that age that he would be my forever. 
 
#Flashback
 
“Hey."
 
“H-Hi."
 
“I'm Kris."
 
“Amber."
 
“Weddings are pretty boring, huh?"
 
“Yeah but the songs are pretty."
 
“Yeah and depressing."
 
"Guess so."
 
“Want to dance or something?"
 
“I thought you said these songs are depressing?"
 
“They aren't so depressing when I dance to them with a pretty girl."
 
#End Flashback
 
On my last day in Canada I found him with another girl. 
 
#Flashback
 
“You promised me, Kris."
 
“I didn't do anything. She's like a sister to me and what does it matter to you about my relationship with her?" 
 
“I'm your girlfriend!"
 
“No you aren't. You're my ex-girlfriend."
 
“It's all her fault! She changed you! You love me but when you're with her you act like you don't!"
 
“Don't bring her into this. She's done nothing to you."
 
“Tell me you love me."
 
“...I don't."
 
"Yes, you do."
 
"... We're only kids, Claire."
 
“Stop saying that!" /grabs him by his shirt/ “Say you love me."
 
/doesn't say anything... Kisses her.../
 
#End Flashback
 
He was fourteen, I should've known he wouldn't like a younger girl like me. He even said I was like a sister to him. Just like Junmyeon says.
 
I've come to realize that's all I'm ever going to be to my crushes, a sister.
 
Why are there arms around me? I looked up from my hands to see Kyungsoo with a sad look in his eyes. He raised one of his hands and wiped a tear from my cheek. I didn't even pull away and I still don't know why.
 
~
 
Let's just say I didn't sleep much that night. I couldn't stop thinking about what was happening to me. I didn't understand why Kyungsoo had hugged me and without me explaining anything. He even wrote that everything I felt he understood. He said my eyes were a gateway to my soul. He insisted on dropping me off first. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and waved at me before leaving.
 
I placed my hand on the cheek where he kissed and still felt like a tingling feel. I was so confused on everything that's happening. What used to take my sister hours to accomplish, Kyungsoo did it in a few minutes and without words. 
 
Kyungsoo was definitely something else.
 
~
 
I walked into my classroom to see a bunch of guys around Kyungsoo and they seemed to be poking at him.
 
“Where's your new girlfriend, Kyungie? Did she run away when she found out your disability? Didn't want to hang out with a freak?" One of the guys said. He laughed and I saw his face; he was the same guy who gave me the scary stare yesterday. 
 
I didn't like what he said and stomped up to him, “Yah!" He turned around.
 
“What?"
 
I stepped closer to him and didn't let the fact that he was taller than me affect my mood. I was pissed. “I didn't run away since I'm still here. And he's ten times better to hang out with than you I bet! And you're more of a freak than he is! Don't go around calling people freaks when you yourself are one! Leave him alone or I will kick your sorry ." I growled out.
 
Now that I looked at him closely, he's not that scary. The guy only smirked and walked away, with all his goons behind him. I took my seat beside Kyungsoo and huffed out and then noticed the note on my desk.
 
I opened it, ‘Thank you.' I looked and saw Kyungsoo smiling at me and I smiled back at him.
 
“Anything for my best friend." I smiled wider.