She is a butterfly...

나비~Butterfly

 

I woke up to sound of my phone ringing and grabbed as I looked at the time. 9:45. My eyes widened and I quickly sat up and threw off the covers off me, throwing the books on my lap onto the floor. I rushed to the bathroom and started to brush my teeth and change into some clothes I had somewhere and quickly grabbed my books off the floor, shoving it into my backpack and zipped it. As I rinsed off my mouth I could hear laughing and turn towards the door to see my roommate laughing at me.
 
I frowned, “What?”
 
“You do know it's Saturday, right? You don't have any classes.” She said.
 
I froze then groaned as facepalmed. “Are you kidding me?”
 
“Don't worry. You stayed up last night studying that you must've forgotten.” She tried to console me.
 
I smiled at her. “Thanks Sunyoungie.”
 
She smiled back. “You're welcome.” She started to walk away from the door before turning back, “Oh by the way, some guy came by asking for you and told you to meet him at the cafe on the corner. Said you knew which one he meant.”
 
I looked at her confused, “Did he tell you his name?”
 
“Baekhyun I think or something.”
 
I rolled my eyes and groaned again, “You should've said I died or something. I don't want to meet his boyfriend.”
 
“Aw. He's taken?”
 
“He's gay, Sunyoung.”
 
She pouted and then flushed, “Guess I shouldn't have made a move on him then. I knew it was weird when he suddenly walked away from me.”
 
I hunched over as I started to hold my sides from laughing so hard. “You... made... a... move... on Baek!? Oh my gosh! That is the best thing ever!” I said in between laughs.
 
“I hate you.”
 
“Love you too!”
 
~
 
I started walking out the building when I felt arms wrap around my neck and then a familiar scent fill up my nostrils. And that scent seems to be a little fruity, literally it smells like strawberry.
 
“Ambieboo!” He said and kissed my cheek.
 
I turned my face to look at him, “Baekiekoo!”
 
He let go as we laughed at the stupid pet names we had for each other.
 
“Ready to meet my lover?”
 
“Lover already? You work fast Byun Baekhyun.”
 
He laughed, “Still the same.”
 
He led me to the middle of a grassy area and I saw two guys standing in the middle of it. One had nice eyes and cute slightly chubby cheeks that made him look young, I guessed that must be Minseok, Baek's lover. The other was a little taller than the one beside him and had dark hair and a very nice jawline, have no idea who he is. 
 
“Minnie, this is Eunyoung. Eunyoung meet Kim Minseok.” Baek introduced us and I shook hands with him.
 
“Please call me Amber.” 
 
“Okay. Oh, this is my best friend Kim Jongdae.” He gestured to the nice jawline guy.
 
The guy didn't stop staring at me and I shifted a little and held out my hand for him to shake. It took a nudged from Minseok to get him out of la-la-land and shake my hand. I smiled and he smiled back also. 
 
“It's nice to meet you two. Baekhyun here never stops talking about you Minseok.” I said and felt a pinch on my arm. “Ow!” I yelled.
 
“Shut up.” Baekhyun hissed at me.
 
I smirked and turned back to his boyfriend, “He wasn't kidding when he said you are adorable too.” I reached over and gently pinched his cheek. “So cute!” I squealed.
 
“Yah! That's my Minnie! Get away!” Baekhyun swatted away my hands and I laughed out loud at his reaction.
 
Minseok blushed as Baekhyun wrapped his arms around his waist possessively.
 
“Can I call you Minseokie oppa?” I tried to ask cutely.
 
He seemed to blush even more and nodded as Baekhyun glared at me.
 
“You have your own boyfriend to call oppa!” He said as he pouted.
 
I smiled, “True but I think I already like Minseokie oppa enough to call him that.”
 
“Humph.”
 
“Love you too, Baekiekoo.”
 
~
 
I smiled as I waved goodbye to Baek, Minseok, and Jongdae. I walked off in the direction to the park where Yixing had told me to meet up at. The day had been really fun. Minseok talked to me about how he met Baekhyun, even though Baekhyun told me everything but it was nice hearing the other side of there story. Jongdae had stayed quiet through it all and I could feel him staring at me and when I'd look up he would look away. It felt a bit weird to be honest. I had excused myself to go the restroom and came back to see Baekhyun stealing kisses from Minseok as the latter blushed cutely. It was so cute but then I noticed Jongdae was nowhere to be seen. I asked the two lovebirds and Minseok said he went outside to receive a call from his parents.
 
Minseok says he came from a middle class family and only had a younger sister. His Mother passed away when he was in high school and his sister in secondary school then they moved to live with his grandparents. He's not entirely Korean, he's half Chinese. So his sister and him had to go all the way to China to move in with his Mom's parents. His Dad turned out to be an a-hole who left his Mom when his little sister was born. She worked her off trying to provide for her two children that she never realized she was sick until she started to cough up blood and with Minseok's insistence she agreed to see a doctor. She had cancer, stage four. She couldn't afford the treatment and decided to keep working and didn't worry about her health. During her last days she told him to not ever cry over her death and too keep living on for his sister and to always take care of her. 
 
Once he started to speak of his little sister, Sohee was her name, he couldn't keep his tears in. He told us of how smart, pretty, and fun she was. He said that after her first week in her third year of high school he had received a call from his grandparents and he knew something was wrong. He was on his way to class and then they told him his sister had committed suicide. Minseok started to cry in front of us and Baekhyun held him in his arms as he gently rocked him and Jongdae rubbed his back in circular motions. I could see that it hurt him a lot to talk about it but as soon as I tried to tell him that he didn't need to say more, Jongdae spoke up.
 
“I was with him that day. I could hear his Grandfather's shaky voice and saw the blood drain from Minseok's face. Minseok collapsed on the ground at the moment and screamed out slamming his hand on the sidewalk until it started to bleed and I tried to pull him up but he wouldn't let me.” Jongdae sighed. “I had the honor to meet Sohee once. She was really a beautiful girl, looked just like Minseok except more pretty.” He chuckled. “She had a good sense of humor too. I didn't understand what could drive such a wonderful person to commit suicide. That was until we heard of the bullying she was enduring in school. The girl were really cruel to her since she was considered a forgeiner to them and the guys were even worse. They would harass her and the girls would pull her hair and trip and call her rude things. Her classmates told us all of this. Minseok was angry. At her, at the school, at life. He was depressed for an entire year before he made a change and started to work harder and made a promise to himself that he would stay alive not only for his Mother but his sister, who he believes he failed.”
 
“I want to be someone my sister can be proud of.” Minseok said as he looked up from Baekhyun's arm at me.
 
His story made me realize that so many people were suffering silently out there and had no way of letting out their sadness, anger, and frustration. I looked up as I realized I arrived at the park and saw Yixing standing by the fountain in the middle of the park with a small smile on. 
 
I slowly walked up to him and stood beside him until he turned to face me. I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck as I pulled him down for a kiss. I could feel him smile into the kiss and he wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up to twirl me around. I giggled as he set me down and we pulled away and held hands as we walked around in silence, exchanging looks once in a while. 
 
“Do you ever think life is too short?” He asked out of nowhere.
 
I looked at him to see him looking ahead of himself, “It is. What matters the most is the moments you make, not the time. The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.”
 
He smiled, “I think I've heard that quote before.”
 
“Who hasn't?”
 
“This is why I love you.” He wrapped a hand around my shoulder and kisse the top of my head.
 
I felt a strong twist in my stomach but still replied with a, “I love you too.”
 
~[Yixing's POV]
 
It's been almost two years and I can't help the sick feeling I get when she says those words to me. I really want to believe that she loves me but for some reason I can't believe those words. I think she has feelings for Junmyeon still even though its been almost two years since they've seen each other. I know they still talk since that day she came to me happy than I've ever seen her be when she told me that thinks were back to normal between them. I can't deny that I felt a sense of dread at that but quickly threw it to the back of my mind. 
 
I don't want to lose Amber but I know I'm going to have to let her go. She deserves to be happy. If only I had the strength to do it but I can't. I'm so afraid of losing this amazing girl and letting her go into the arms of another man. I know she has feelings for me but her feelings for Junmyeon must be ten times more stronger than what she feels for me.
 
I remember a saying my Grandmother used to tell me from a poem she once read to me as a child.
 
A butterfly hovers closely
And then quickly moves away,
Swiftly going wheresoever
Her heart may freely say.”
 
How true those words are. Amber is a butterfly who is free to do whatever she pleases. I have to find the strength to let go.
 
 

A/N: Hi. First of all let me thank for 66 subs this story has received. Thank you. And thank you to all the commenters too. Thank you. And lastly the silent readers. Thank you. I myself am a silent reader too. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter. 

Please leave feedback and what you would like to see or what you liked in the chapter or what you think will happen in the next chapter. 

Have a good day/afternoon/evening! See you in the next chapter! ^_^