Is everything really okay?

나비~Butterfly
~[Amber's POV]
 
I hugged Hana tightly, “I hope you get to live your dream. Congratulation on making it in too.”
 
When we both pulled away she was smiling brightly, “Thank you. I hope you get to live your dreams too. And I'm glad you're moving on. Yixing is an idiot.”
 
I gave her a small smile, “Yixing did what he had to do.”
 
“Do you still love him?”
 
I sighed, “I love him but not the same way.”
 
“You're really too kind. I would hate Luhan forever if he did that to me.” 
 
“Hey!” Luhan said from behind her. Hana turned and patted his cheek.
 
“I'm kidding. I know you wouldn't do that to me.” 
 
I smiled at them, “Well I have to go. See you soon?”
 
Hana and Luhan both nodded. I waved at everyone before heading out the apartment and the building to see a car parked outside.
 
Someone walked out the passenger side and when he turned around I could feel the grin growing wide on my face. It seemed like time had stood still and all that mattered was the smiling face across the road. I felt all breath leave my body and all the feelings came back and deep down I thanked and apologized to Yixing for everything.
 
 
~{Kyungsoo's POV}
 
One second Junmyeon and Amber were standing just staring and then she ran until she reached him and they hugged. I could see the huge smile and the twirl he did her in his arms and the laughing faces as he put her down to her feet. They started talking and the excitement was visible on both their faces. There was also another emotion in both the gazes that didn't surprise me at all, love. 
 
I always knew since Amber was with Yixing that deep down she could never forget her first love. I've always admired how strong Yixing stayed having to see the hidden emotion in her voice whenever she talked of her best friend. Seeing them reunited reminded me of the high school days when I used to be jealous of those looks. Now, I'm not jealous. I'm happy for them. I wish they would both just realize how much they belong together. 
 
One problem, they're both idiots.
 
 
~{Jongdae's POV}
 
Baekhyun and Minseok had went out to hang out together after leaving their luggage in the apartment. They had invited me to go but I declined and told them I needed to do some studying before classes the next week.
 
I didn't really do any studying, unless studying the pictures I took on our trip count. I was looking at the ones from the Botanical Garden when the one I took of Amber passed by. I clicked back to it and kept staring at it.
 
She had looked so carefree that day and beautiful with the ever present smile on her face that was just Amber. She had spent the day before crying and I had been the one who carried her to sleep and decided to just put her in my bed and was going to go to her bed but she wouldn't let go of my hand. I had fallen asleep on the floor and woke up without her hand in mine. 
 
I remember waking up at night once when I was heading to the bathroom and heard mumbling coming from the guest room Baekhyun and her were in. She had started to whimper and then sigh out a name, something like Junmyeon or something. I was a little heartbroken to hear her mumble out someone else's name from even if it's in her sleep. Whoever this Junmyeon is, they must be pretty special. 
 
So yes, I like Amber. The problem is she's never going to like me. I heard Baekhyun when he had told her of my crush on her and she laughed. She laughed. It kind of hurt hearing that and then calling her friend crazy. I bet she only sees me as her brother or something. I should've seen it coming.
 
I'm always the one to get friend zoned all the time by the girls I've liked but none of those rejections affected me as much as this one. It might have been an indirect rejection but it doesn't mean it doesn't make me feel any less bad. I've always question what makes me seem so unappealing or if I'm just not boyfriend material. But then her reaction when I told her she's never ugly wasn't as if she was disgusted like I expected. 
 
Minseok told me once that to win over a girl you have to be there through her ups and downs. Which is weird advice coming from a guy who likes males. 
 
“Back!” I heard my roommate coming from the hallway and I closed my laptop as Minseok poked his head in. He smiled wide, “I brought food.”
 
I smiled and climbed out of my bed. We both went out to the living room and spent some quality friend time. 
 
 
~[Kyungsoo's POV]
 
Amber, Junmyeon and I sat around at the usual table where I would have my weekly coffee date with her. The two were currently talking to each other about their classes and surprisingly they are majoring in the same thing.
 
I didn't focus on their conversation what had me more interested is the hand Junmyeon currently had on top of Amber's. I don't even think he realizes it's there until he notices me staring and takes off quickly. He doesn't know about Yixing breaking up with Amber but I guess it doesn't stop him from being obvious. These two make me want to pull my hair out and force their faces together so they can just make out already. 
 
Amber suddenly turned to me, “Kyungsoo, how's Chanyeol and Sehun?”
 
I cleared my throat. “Um.. Good. They're good. Well Sehun is. Chanyeol... I'm not sure.”
 
She frowned and pouted a little, she always does it without knowing she is. “How come?”
 
I glanced at Junmyeon before looking down at the table instead, “Just some things going on. Don't worry.” I smiled reassuringly at her.
 
She smiled back, “I'll try not to.” She turned back to Junmyeon. “It's nice to have you back. I miss us three hanging out. It feels like high school all over again.”
 
“Yeah. It does.” Junmyeon smiled at her. 
 
My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out to see a text from Baekhyun. 
 
‘What other secrets are you two keeping from everyone?’
 
I looked up to see them talking and excused myself quickly before heading outside to call Baekhyun. He answered on the third ring.
 
“Why?”
 
“Baek, I'm so-” 
 
“Just tell me why.” He interrupted me.
 
“Hyung didn't want anyone to know. He thought it was better this way. He wanted to tell everyone in his own but everybody is finding out one by one.”
 
“Does Amber know?”
 
I sighed, “Not yet.”
 
“She's going to be pissed.”
 
“I know. Though I have a feeling she's going to forgive easily anyway. Amber's too nice. She even forgave Yixing.”
 
“That's our Amber.” There was a slight pause before he asked, “Do you think they'll finally realize their feelings for each other?”
 
“I hope so. It's so frustrating seeing their stupid longing looks at each other. Makes me want to throw up.”
 
“You were the same with Chanyeol. Took a freaking year for you to actually make a move.”
 
“Why am I friends with you?”
 
“Shut up. I'm awesome.”
 
 
~[Amber's POV]{three days later.}
 
I feel like these three days have passed by fast. And it's still hard to believe that Junmyeon is actually back for good. I really missed him. He's still the same guy that I met in high school, again. Except for the whole beanie thing. It's a bit weird how he won't take it off at all and whenever I tried to take it off he reaches up to it and holds it down so I don't take it off. I've stop trying but I'm going to ask him soon about that.
 
I'm actually meeting up with him again. I'm on my way to the same cafe as always.
 
I told him about the whole Yixing and I breaking up thing. He reacted like everyone else did, wanting to kill him, but I told him what I would tell everyone else, that I've forgiven him and they should too. He didn't like that but let it go nonetheless. 
 
To be completely honest, I don't know what feelings I have for him anymore. I enjoy being around him and wish I could spend all my time with him. I was so sure I loved Yixing but having Junmyeon makes me wonder if I really did. I feel terrible now for leading Yixing on even though what I felt was never more than friendly love but I did all the things you do to the one you love. I've been so confused lately and it's starting to take a toll on me. 
 
Kyungsoo was talking to me yesterday about that. 
 
>-flashback-
 
“Do you still love him?”
 
I choked on the water I was drinking and stared wide eyed at him, “What?”
 
He kept staring at me, “Junmyeon hyung. Do you love him?”
 
“I'm... I'm not sure.” I replied honestly.
 
“Amber, I'm sure you know but don't want to admit it. I've seen the way you look at him and, just so you know, he looks at you the same. There was never a day he wouldn't ask about you when he talked to me. I really shouldn't tell you this stuff but I'm kind of tired of seeing the longing looks.” He placed a hand on my shoulder. “You both really like each other. You only get one chance, take it.”
 
>-end flashback-
 
The last part had made me think of how wrong those words were. Life gives us many chances but we have to decide which ones to take. I could've hated Yixing for the rest of my life but I instead decided to move on. I could've stayed at my dorm instead of taking that trip with Baek, Minseok and Jongdae but instead I went to it.
 
Jongdae.
 
He's been weird since yesterday when Baek and I introduced him and Minseok to Junmyeon. Most of his smiles seemed forced and he looked as if he wasn't there with us and off in his own world. At the end of the day I asked him what was wrong but he waved me off and told me not to worry about him. I looked over at Minseok and Baek just to see them shrug their shoulders but I didn't miss the sad look Baek had in his eyes as he looked at Jongdae's retreating back.
 
~
 
He lied.
 
He was lying to me. To everyone.
 
He had said he was fine.
 
It was all a lie.
 
I looked up from my lap to see him slip the beanie from his head and gasped at the sight, he had no hair. It's cancer.
 
I shouldn't be angry. 
 
“Why?” I asked with a quiet voice.
 
“I wanted to tell you but I was afraid. I didn't want to worry anyone. I was wrong, I know that now but I thought I was doing the right thing. I know I was wrong. Please don't hate me Amber. I don't think I can stand living knowing you hate me.”
 
I looked down at my hands in my laps and balled my fists, “Did Kyungsoo know?”
 
I heard him sigh, “He did. I made him promise to not tell anyone.”
 
“So this whole past year you've been getting treated?”
 
“Only the past six months. I was stubborn to get any help.”
 
I looked up, “Junmyeon... Why?”
 
He let out a shaky breath, “I wanted to just die. I didn't want to go to a doctor and hear about how much time I had left.”
 
I stayed silent.
 
“They say I'll be okay in a few months but it's hard to believe those words anymore. I'm sorry for not telling you but I didn't want to worry you or anyone else.”
 
I reached over the table and held his slightly shaking hand. “I'm here for you. I'll be here till the end.”
 
He looked up and I could see a tear fall from his eye before he smiled at me. “Thank you.”
 
 
~{two months later.}
 
“Amber.” I turned towards him as he smiled at me.
 
I returned the smile.
 
“I want to be your boyfriend.” He said.
 
I widened my eyes slightly and cleared my throat, “W-What?”
 
“I want to be your boyfriend. And in exchange you can be my girlfriend.”
 
“Junmyeon I-I...” I stuttered.
 
He placed his hands on the sides of my face, “Say yes.”
 
I looked into his eyes and debated if I should say yes. Before I came to a decision I already felt the words on the tip of my tongue.
 
“Yes.” I breathed out before I felt lips on mine.
 
 
~{two months later.}
 
I took one last look at my reflection on the mirror. 
 
Today was Kiseop and Arexia's wedding day. After months of planning they're finally tying the knot. 
 
Seriously, they took forever. Six freaking years! 
 
I looked up at my reflection in the mirror and looked down at the dress I was wearing. Yes, I'm wearing a dress. Second time and I hope I don't have to wear one again until my own wedding. That is if I even get married.
 
I'm happy again. I finally am with the love of my life and haven't had a fight since the start of our relationship. Junmyeon had asked me to be his girlfriend very randomly but it still brings a smile to my face as I remember how it happened. Kyungsoo almost sang with joy when we both told him and Chanyeol hadn't reacted at all. He had then still been mad about Junmyeon lying and all but now he got over it and they're back to being best buddies along with Kris. Everyone actually forgave him and offered all their support and love, hoping and praying that one day the doctor will tell him that the cancer has gone away. One reaction which had made me worried was Minseok and Jongdae's reactions to the news, Baek was all smiles and his usual hyper self but the other two weren't. 
 
 
 
{time rewind to three months and 29 days ago.} (Minseok's and Jongdae's POV)
 
Amber had just told Baekhyun about her good news Minseok just happened to overhear the exchange. 
 
“Junmyeon asked me to be his girlfriend and now we're together.” 
 
Minseok stopped cutting the vegetables and instantly turned his head to see Jongdae freeze and drop the, luckily empty, pan onto the floor. The sound was loud and he could hear Baekhyun asking if everything was okay but I tried to reach for Jongdae as he ran out the kitchen and quickly walk past the two in the living room. Minseok cursed and walk after him but was stopped by Baekhyun.
 
“What's wrong with him?” He asked with a worried look.
 
Minseok just looked between them and tried not to show his slight anger towards Amber. 
 
Amber has been nothing but nice to him and Jongdae but hurting his best friend this way was not something that he liked of her. It's not her fault either since she had no knowledge of the ever present feelings the other had for her. 
 
Jongdae had never wanted to rip his heart out more than at that moment he heard what came out . 
 
‘I knew I should've stayed in China. I shouldn't have come.’ He thought. ‘This place only brings me heartache.’
 
Jongdae was mad at himself, at this Junmyeon, at his stupid heart, at the girl who had managed to steal and stomp on his heart all at once. He quickly walked out his room and put into the living room avoiding to look at Baekhyun and... her as he put on his shoes and walked out the apartment. He needed to clear his mind. He wants to go back, needs to go back. 
 
He had a reason for hesitating coming here and the proof was right in his face. Jongdae is forever friendzoned.
 
 

A/N: Hello! I'm sorry for the long wait. But I kind of wanted to update on my birthday and I have.

Today, October 12, is my birthday. I'm turning 18. I'm a legal adult now! With the mind of a seven year old though. 

Anyway. I have a couple of things to say.

 

First, this story is ending soon. /cries

I've gotten so attached to this story already. It my second one but it stands out more than my other one.

And the comments, up votes, subscriptions mean so much to me. Though I feel some of you might hate me after the ending. I want you to know that I love each and everyone of you. Even if you've never commented I still appreciate you even reading this story. I was never sure of posting it but thanks to my best friend I did.  I even based a character in this story off of her. 

 

Second, I wrote a one shot last night of KyungBer and it made me think that maybe I should do a one shot series of AnyBer. But I want your opinions first. Should I do it? I won't be able to upload it weekly but only whenever inspirations strikes. I would love to hear what you think of this.

 

Third, I'm currently working on two different stories. I'm not sure which one I should continue. 

One is OnKey and the other is HanBer/HunBer.

One is High School/Uni AU and the other is a Uni AU. 

The OnKey is based off an idea I had after I woke up in the morning.

The HanBer/HunBer is going to be based off an idea that struck me as I listened to the songs XOXO by EXO-M and Growl by EXO.

I wanted to post a poll but I don't know. 

 

Lastly, I'm thinking of doing one shots of the couples in this story that you don't get to read a lot into how they are formed. If you'd like that then please tell me so in the comments.

 

This is the longest a/n ever. I'm so sorry. I hope you've read this because it's kind of important to me. 

I look forward to hearing for all of you, or some of you.

THANK YOU! See you in the next chapter!