Just when things were getting better...

나비~Butterfly

A/N: Welcome back! Thank you for the comments and subs! I really appreciate it. I hope you like this chapter... Or you might not like it. I don't know. I felt it was a bit rushed and confusing to me but my proofreader said it was good. So... Here you go! ENJOY!

 


 

~[a few days later]
 
Again I'm stuck with the butthole, Zitao. My teacher again decided to give us another work assignment to do with the same partners from the week before in class. I was not very happy about the situation and again he decided to sit beside me... Again.
 
“Sorry about what happened last week. I know I didn't make a good impression on you but I would like to start over again.” To say I was surprised was an understatement. Did he just apologize to me? Zitao!? The same guy who was rude to my friend and tried to keep his distance from me. Suddenly I felt bad when I saw the bruise on his cheek and remembered how unladylike it was of me to hit him.
 
“I'll accept your apology”, I said and he smiled, “but,”, smile was gone, “you better not mess with Kyungsoo again. You do and you get more than a bruise on your cheek.” I said all of it with a smile on my face.
 
I need to stop hanging out with Chanyeol so much. Kyungsoo gave me a note. ‘You're too nice, Amber.’
 
~
 
We finished the assignment peacefully this time. Kyungsoo was pretty hesitant to work with Zitao but got used to it then it was lunch. I decided to go to the cafeteria this time since I planned with Chanyeol that we'd meet him there. 
 
Chanyeol was a pretty cool guy. Him and I really hit it off well. He was always so happy and especially perked up more when Kyungsoo would send a note his way. I had a feeling something was going on with them. I know Kyungsoo didn't really like him, since he was the cause of Jinri ignoring him. Chanyeol liked to mention Kris a lot too. I would try to get away from that subject since I really preferred not to talk about him. It opened fresh wounds that were still slowly healing.
 
“Amber? Earth to Amber. Hello!” I saw someone waving a hand in my face. 
 
I turned to see Chanyeol with a weird look on his face. “What?” I asked.
 
Kyungsoo turned his notebook towards me, ‘He's been calling your name for two minutes. Welcome back, captain.’
 
I playfully glared at him as I heard Chanyeol laugh and Kyungsoo smiled at him. Why do I suddenly feel like a third wheel?
 
“Channie oppa!" The squeal heard around the world. And then a peppy Jinri pushed me and Kyungsoo aside and plopped in what was my seat and Kyungsoo fell off his.
 
“The heck, man!?“ I yelled in English at the girl thing.
 
Jinri looked up at me and then at Kyungsoo. “What?”
 
I gestured to Kyungsoo who was trying to get off the ground and then Chanyeol got up and helped him to his feet. “Who do you think you are? Why would you just push us like that?”
 
“I didn't push him. I pushed you.” She said and glared at me.
 
She's asking for it. I stood up in front of her, “If you hadn't pushed me he wouldn't have fallen. This is your fault, little girl. Don't think I'm scared of you.” I felt a hand on my arm trying to hold me back but I shrugged it off.
 
She stood up from her seat, “I'm not scared of you either. You may have punched Zitao but I'm not so easy to hit. And anyway I'm not here to talk to you. I'm here for Chanyeol oppa.” She went to Chanyeol and grabbed onto his arm and tried to drag him away, “Let's go away from these losers, oppa.”
 
Chanyeol took his arm out from the hold she had on it, “I'm not going anywhere with you. Leave me alone.”
 
She stared at him with open in shock, “What?”
 
He stopped smiling and had a serious look on, “You heard me. I don't want to hang out with someone who hurts defenseless people. Plus, you're really annoying Jinri. I don't like you like you like me. It makes me uncomfortable to know you like me like that.”
 
Jinri huffed and stomped like a child, “I am not annoying. I don't like you. Why would I like you when I can do better? You're not the only attractive guy at this school!” With that she left the cafeteria, more like stomped her way out.
 
I looked around and saw we had an audience. “Nothing to see here people.” I said and everyone started to disperse.
 
~
 
“I'm sorry for Jinri. She's never been like that. I never knew she would go as far as hurt Kyungsoo. I really never liked her but didn't want to hurt her feelings.” He sighed, “I guess her ego is so big that she thinks she can get away with anything.”
 
I shook my head, “Don't apologize. It wasn't your fault. At least Kyungsoo is okay.” I hugged Kyungsoo who was beside me, “I'm glad you're okay."
 
~{Chanyeol's POV}
 
How oblivious is this girl to Kyungsoo's crush on her? It's not fair. I've known him for years and he doesn't react with a blush when I hug him. Oh... I never have hugged him. Why am I so afraid to show Kyungsoo how I feel? Oh, right. I don't want to be rejected. 
 
Kyungsoo, I will tell you how I feel someday.
 
~{Amber's POV}
 
We went our separate ways as we headed home since Junmyeon cancelled his lesson to go to his friend's brother's dance recital.
 
Chanyeol went down the opposite side of the street to his house and I went down the other way with Kyungsoo. We live about six houses away from each other but never really visit each other since on weekends I'm out with my sister all the time. He's always has a doctor's appointment and doesn't have time either. I wish we could spend time together on weekends, we could be closer friends.
 
I felt Kyungsoo push me away as we were crossing the street. I fell onto the sidewalk and then heard a screeching of tires and looked behind me and saw the worst thing that could ever happen... Kyungsoo's body in front of a car with blood pouring from somewhere out of view.
 
“KYUNGSOO! KYUNGSOO!” I got up and ran up to him and saw he was still breathing. “SOMEONE HELP!! PLEASE!” I kept screaming.
 
I saw a lady run to us and she bent down to my level, “Help is on the way.”
 
~
 
I kept pacing back and forth in the waiting room and looking up at the clock, hoping my friend was ok. Kyungsoo's parents where at the far corner of the room and his mother was crying. I felt so bad for her and kept feeling the guilt creeping up at my throat and suffocating me. Why did Kyungsoo have to push me? Why was that man driving while drunk? Why did Kyungsoo get hurt instead of me? 
 
I finally sat down on a chair and placed my head in my hands and pressed my palms on my eyes to try and keep the tears in but it didn't work. Everything was my fault.
 
“Amber?” I knew that voice. I looked up and saw a man in scrubs and he was frowning a little.
 
I tilted my head, as if that would help me recognize him, “Do I know you, sir?”
 
He chuckled, “You probably don't remember me since last time I saw you. You were on your way to Canada.”
 
I tried to remember all the people I saw before my sister and I had left. I remember she had a friend that visited her with her boyfriend. Could that be him? “Are you Arexia's boyfriend?”
 
He nodded at me.
 
My eyes widened when I realized I was right about something. “Oh. Nice to see you again. How is Arexia though?”
 
“Sooyun is good. She's back in America though. Studying Photography.” He said.
 
“Oh?” I was a bit surprised. They were still going strong after all these years. They had been together all through high school well the last two years when he was exchange student. Then after graduation he took her to Korea and I guess they've lived here since.
 
“Why are you here?” He asked and the feeling of crying instantly came back.
 
I tried to keep my voice even so I wouldn't break down crying in front of him, “My friend was in an accident. I'm waiting for news on how he is.”
 
The man's eyes widened. “He's that young boy that came in half an hour ago?”
 
I nodded once.
 
“His parents went in a while ago. He came out okay. They're going to keep him here overnight for observation.” He said and offered me a small smile, which I returned.
 
“Thank you for telling me. I should head home.”
 
I stood, as did he and then he held out his hand towards me to shake. I shook it. “It was seeing you again. He'll be home tomorrow. Tell Jackie I said hi.”
 
I nodded at him, “I will.” As I was about to walk away I turned back, “I'm sorry. What was your name again?”
 
He chuckled, “Forgot it already?”
 
I bushed from embarrassment.
 
“My name is Lee Kiseop. Don't forget it this time.”
 
I nodded. “I won't.” I waved and started to walk out of the hospital. I took out my cellphone and noticed the time, 1950. I'm in big trouble. 
 
My phone started ringing. I hoped it wasn't my Mom but it was. “Hello?”
 
“AMBER JOSEPHINE LIU! WHERE ARE YOU!? WE HEARD YOUR FRIEND GOT HURT! ARE YOU OKAY? WE'RE ON OUR WAY. DO NOT MOVE FROM WHERE YOU ARE! STAY CLOSE TO KISEOP!”
 
I was really surprised and confused, “How did you know Kyungsoo got hurt? How did you know Kiseop was here? Mom I'm really confused right now.”
 
“Jackie just got a text from Kiseop that he saw you there. And we noticed the Do's weren't at their house and felt something was wrong. Please stay there. We'll come and find you.”
 
I nodded and felt stupid since she can't see me, “Okay. I'll wait here.”
 
She hung up.
 
I walked all the way back to where I was and noticed Kiseop was still there but was talking with someone, a younger boy. Then someone was beside the younger one. I walked closer and saw Chanyeol. I quickly ran up to where he was sitting.
 
“Chanyeol-oppa...” I said and felt it hard to hold back the tears threatening to spill.
 
He looked up and sprung up from his seat and looked down at me, “I came as soon as I could when I got a call from my friend about Kyungsoo, it was on the news too, even thouh it was only for like less than a second. Are you okay though? How did it all happen?”
 
I just started to cry and pressed my palms on my eyes. Letting everything I tried holding in out. The guilt wouldn't go away.