Wha-?

나비~Butterfly

 

 
 
 
~{Amber's POV}
 
“So how's was the date?” 
 
I sighed as I turned around to face the annoying lovable panda and smiled, “It was good.” Then I thought for a second, “Wait... where the heck were you at anyway?”
 
He shrugged, “It was so boring and Luhan doesn't particularly appreciates my company since that fight I had with him so I decided to talk with Baekhyun.”
 
“You fought with Luhan?”
 
“Not literally, just verbally. He says he doesn't hate me.” I poked him hard. “Ow!”
 
“He doesn't. You idiot. He kept asking Yixing about where you were since he wanted to tell you something.”
 
“Pffffft. Whatever. Now tell me about your first dance. I saw you two.” He nudged me and I pushed him off the desk and he almost fell on top of Kyungsoo.
 
“Yah!” Zitao screeched. 
 
I smiled innocently and heard Kyungsoo laughing behind him. “Sorry but not sorry.”
 
He narrowed his eyes at me then started to poke my side as I poked back and a poke war had started.
 
~
 
I sat on mine and Kyungsoo's bench again, alone since Chanyeol had taken Kyungsoo somewhere. I wasn't alone for long as then someone tapped my shoulder and sat down next to me. Lee Jongin. I smiled at him. “Hello, Jongin.”
 
He nodded his head in greeting. “Heard you went on a date with Yixing hyung yesterday.”
 
I stared at him, “News sure travels fast. Let me guess Kibum told you?”
 
He shook his head. “Nope. Actually Yixing told me all about it. We're pretty close since we have the same dance class and stuff.”
 
My eyes widened a little in surprise, “Oh.”
 
He chuckled, “Can I tell you something though?"
 
I nodded.
 
“If you ever end up together, don't hurt him. Yixing has a really fragile heart. Don't tell anyone I told you, but he really really likes you. Don't lead him on either if you don't like him like that. He's one of my best friends and I don't want to see him hurt. Hyung has gone through too much to deal with another heartbreak.” He stared straight into my eyes as he said all this.
 
I looked down at my hands on my lap and tightened my fists, “Jongin... I don't know what to do.”
 
“Do about what?” He asked.
 
I sighed, “First Zitao, then Junmyeon, now you. Why does everyone keep telling me to not hurt him? Do I look like a heartbreaker!?” I looked up at him.
 
He shook his head again and wrapped a hand around one of my clenched fists on my lap, “No, you don't. We just worry for him. He tries to stay strong but for the year I've known him for and the recent heartbreak we all saw him go through, we worry a lot. This really isn't my place to say anything but I'm just telling you to be careful.”
 
I nodded in understanding and hugged him. “Thanks. I'll make sure to not do that to him." I let him go and he nodded before he stood up.
 
“I've got to go find Taemin. This kid is always getting lost.” He waved at me, “Bye noona!” He walked away and went inside the building. 
 
I pulled out my phone and put in my earbuds as I played my favorite song. As I started to sing along softly to the lyrics in the song, my phone vibrated. I looked down to see I had message from Yixing.
 
‘Doing anything after school?’
 
I smiled and started to text back my response.
 
~{?'s POV}
 
I was on my way to the restroom when I stumbled upon a conversation I couldn't help but overhear as I heard them say Amber's name.
 
“Baekhyun told me he saw them kiss.” He heard a deep voice that belongs to Chanyeol.
 
“Is he really sure of that? And you say Junmyeon was with him?” That voice I don't recognize.
 
I peeked over the corner and saw Chanyeol standing in front of Kyungsoo with his hand on the shorter's shoulder.
 
“Yeah. He told me he looked a little weird. Are you okay though?”
 
I saw Kyungsoo nodded up at him, “I'm fine. I'm worried about hyung though.”
 
Chanyeol shrugged, “He can work it out himself. Junmyeon isn't one to give up.”
 
I pulled back and leaned on the wall as I slid down till I was sitting. So that Amber girl is the one who he likes.
 
~{Amber's POV}
 
“Are you going to come over today? My parents have been wanting to see you again.” Kyungsoo asked.
 
I scratched the back of my head, “I kind of promised Yixing I was going to hang out with him today.” I looked at him to see his blank face. “I'm sorry. He just told me that he wants my help with something and well I want to help him.” I may or may have not lied at the last part. Like he said he wanted me to help him with something but I'm not sure if I wanted to help him.
 
Kyungsoo nodded and sighed, “Oh well. I guess maybe tomorrow?”
 
I nodded, “Definitely tomorrow! Tell them I said hi!” I waved as I started to walk to the school gate where I saw Yixing waiting and saw Zitao with him.
 
“This is the one you asked to help us get her a present?” Zitao asked his cousin, sighing.
 
Yixing smiled sheepishly, “She is a girl. I don't talk to many girls remember!”
 
“Well you should! I mean of any person did it have to be her!” Panda turned to me, “Not that you're bad but we were needing someone a little more... girly.”
 
“I'm really confused here.” I said.
 
“Zitao and I wanted to surprise my Aunt with a special dinner but we don't really cook. I think that maybe you can help us make Korean dishes she may like but I forgot to ask if you even know how to. Zitao obviously doesn't think you can help us.” Yixing explained so fast I almost didn't understand and he even threw in Chinese words. Thank my parents for teaching me Chinese or I would've been lost.
 
I whacked Zitao on the back of his head, "For your information, I can cook. And from I've heard, I think I cook better than you.”
 
He started rubbing the spot I hit, “Why do you hit so hard? And why am I the only one who suffers from your hits?”
 
“I don't hit that hard. Stop being a baby.”
 
He pouted, “I am not.”
 
I poked his cheek, “Grumpy panda.”
 
“YAH! STOP IT!”
 
~
 
Wow these two have been hard to teach. Yixing is trying to be serious about learning, since they only have a day before Zitao's Mom comes from China, but Zitao is distracting him. I had to snatch the phone from him and sent a quick text to Baekhyun to not distract my ‘students’. After they finally got around to learning to properly wash rice then I printed recipes that were easy to follow. 
 
I sat on a chair as I watched them both. 
 
“I learned another new thing about you today.” Yixing said as he stirred his vegetables. 
 
I looked up at his back turned to me, “And that is?”
 
“You're a pretty good teacher.” He turned to flash me a dimpled smile that made my cheeks burn.
 
“I... Thank you.” I muttered as I looked down at my hands.
 
“Gross. Take all that cutesy stuff somewhere else would ya?” Zitao said.
 
I stood up and whacked him on his head again. “Shut up.”
 
“OOOOOWWWW!” He turned to glare at me, “Stop hitting me! You hit like a man!”
 
I gaped at him and glared back, “Well you whine like a girl.”
 
It was his turn to gape, “You did not just call me a girl.”
 
I smirked, “I did. What are you going to do about it Grumpy Panda?”
 
“AISH! Why do you call me that!?” He yelled and stomped the ground like a toddler.
 
I smiled teasingly and poked his cheek, “Because Grumpy Panda is cute.” I poked it again, “Grumpy Panda.”
 
“PLEASE KILL ME NOW!”
 
“Sure.” Yixing said as he approached his cousin with a rolling pin.
 
“GEGE! I WAS KIDDING!”
 
~
 
I walked out the door with Yixing behind me after waving goodbye to Zitao and Yixing's parents, who are really nice people. I saw Kiseop's car and noticed he was in the car with Arexia and Jackie. I turned around and waved to Yixing, “Well I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow?” 
 
“You will.” He nodded. “Thanks for everything today.”
 
“No problem. That's what friends are for right?” I smiled. I heard the beep of Kiseop's car horn and turned around holding a finger up to signal him to wait. I turned back to Yixing and sheepishly grinned, “I guess I should get going.” I started to turn around and as I did I felt him grab my wrist, gently. I looked down and then back up but his gaze was on the ground.
 
“I-I... I like you, Amber.” He said quietly.
 
I froze and stared wide eyed at him. 
 
“I like you as in more than a friend.” He finally looked up and I could see how serious he was.
 
I was not ready for that.
 
 
 

A/N: HI! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Has anyone listened to the song Goodby Summer yet? So beautiful. Is it crazy that I cried when I heard D.O.'s voice? So angelic. Anyway I will try to update more but if I don't update soon... I'm so sorry, please forgive me. Until next time.