Date...(part two)

나비~Butterfly

I don't know how this turned out this way... I'm so sorry! ㅠ.ㅠ


 
 
 
 
(...previously)
 
I couldn't deny that I felt like I was a girl finally. Always being the tomboyish girl that every guy she liked would friend-zone her and the me every girl teased for not being girly or 'normal’ as they say can get annoying. But right now here, with Yixing, in his arms, I don't feel like Amber the tomboy instead I feel like Amber Liu, just Amber. And looking into Yixing's eyes I can see something that makes me wonder why. 
 
I looked away from the intense stare he was giving me and looked to the small stage set up for the DJ and the small band and saw Junmyeon singing with his eyes closed as he and the other two sang together on the last part of the chorus and the song ended. The lights were turned up again and everyone let go of their partner's to applaud the three young boys on stage. I, however, looked up at Yixing and as he stared back. He let me go as I did too and we silently walked back to our table with small smiles on our faces.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The day kept on with more dancing and then the time for the bride to throw her flowers arrived. I wasn't very excited for that. I didn't want to get out there but Hana dragged me and from the corner of my eye I thought I saw Kris pushing some girl in beside me. As all the girls jumped to get the bouquet I didn't, but it still landed in my hands when I tried to protect myself from getting hit. I looked over at Luhan and Yixing with wide eyes and they just smiled. Well Yixing did, Luhan laughed. 
 
I didn't know what to do so I walked over to my seat after thanking the bride. Chanyeol then came up to us and chatted with us about things. He talked with Yixing more as I looked around the room and then focused my gaze on Kris and a certain pretty girl beside him. 
 
I nudged Chanyeol and he turned to me, “Who's that pretty girl with Kris?” I nodded my head in their direction.
 
Chanyeol looked over and then smiled at me, “Her name is Song Qian. He told me that she's his childhood friend.”
 
The name sounded familiar to me. “She's so pretty.” I said out loud.
 
Hana appeared beside me, “I'm prettier though, right?”
 
“Yah!” Luhan said to her. “You have me to tell you that.”
 
I laughed at the pouty face he made and when she went over to kiss it away. Such a cute couple they are. I heard a camera shutter sound go off and looked up to see Chanyeol with his phone out. I stood up and tried to grab the phone but he held it above his head. 
 
“PARK CHANYEOL! Give it to me please.” I said holding out my hand.
 
He shook his head and I moved forward but he ran away and I was not in the mood for chasing so I sat down with a huff. “That kid seriously.” I looked to see Yixing covering his mouth, probably to muffle his laughter. 
 
“So that's Chanyeol.” Luhan said. I nodded at him and he leaned over to Hana and whispered something in her ear as she giggled. 
 
“Amber.” I heard someone call out my name and saw Kris with the same girl from before. She is even prettier up close. 
 
I waved at him, “Hi! How are you?” I smiled.
 
“I'm good.” He nodded in greeting at Yixing, “How are you Yixing?”
 
I looked at my date who smiled and nodded back at Kris, “I'm good as well." 
 
I looked back up at Kris then to the pretty girl beside him. “I'm Amber.” I said as I held out my hand.
 
Her eyes went a little wide and she hesitantly shook my hand, “I'm Song Qian. Nice to meet you.”
 
I smiled at her, “So how do you two know each other?”
 
“Um... He's actually my step brother.” She replied.
 
Everyone at the table grew silent. “And here I thought she was your girlfriend!” Chanyeol said from his seat and then a slap was heard followed by Chan's whine.
 
“You never told us she was so pretty Kris!” Luhan said and then received an elbow blow to his stomach, courtesy of Hana.
 
Kris sighed, “My Mom and her Dad just got married four years ago. And she's actually older than me you know, four years older.”
 
“Well you are really pretty. I hope we get to hear and see more of you after this wedding.” I said to her.
 
She smiled at me, “You will. I'm getting married soon also. Sadly, my fiancée couldn't make it today so Kris came instead.”
 
“I still had too anyway or Prince of China over there would kill me.” Kris said, jabbing a thumb in Luhan's direction.
 
“Wu Yifan!” Luhan exclaimed and pointed at Kris and squinted his eyes at him.
 
A song started and I instantly jumped in my seat, squealing, “This is my favorite song. And it's the Chinese version! Kyyyyaaa!” 
 
Chanyeol then came over to where I was and looked over at Yixing, “May I steal your date for this dance?”
 
I guess he must of said yes since then I was being dragged by Chanyeol to the dance floor and we started to jump around singing along to the words. Chanyeol was actually trying since he doesn't know much Chinese, only words that Kris has taught him. I was trying not to laugh but he still laughed anyway. We looked like dorks but I didn't care. The dork fest didn't stop there, the next song was a ZE:A song. 
 
I looked over to our table to see Yixing looking over with a dimpled smile at us, me, and I felt my heart skip a beat. I turned away to hide the blush that appeared on my face and thanked the heavens for my decision of letting the stylist put extensions in or I wouldn't be able to hide this blush with my naturally short hair. I don't get what has gotten into me. I'm sure I have a crush on Junmyeon but why am I acting like this with Yixing. I can't possibly already have a crush on him, could I? 
 
~
 
Some of the guests had already left and many young couples were still dancing along with the newlyweds. I was asked for dances by many guys but I would decline. Can't they see I'm with someone? His arm is around the back of my chair. Qian, who I was told that she prefers to be called by Victoria, even asked me if I was Yixing's girlfriend and she asked very loudly. 
 
Yixing and I blushed as he took his arm off my chair and placed in his lap then I answered with a shake of my head. “We aren't together. I'm just his date for the night.”
 
“Aw. You two look so cute together though. Ask her to be your girlfriend.” She said.
 
I laughed nervously as everyone laughed normally.
 
“Don't pressure them Victoria.” Kris said.
 
She nudged him, “Don't they look good together though?”
 
Kris looked at us and then locked eyes with mine as he responded, “They do.”
 
A slow song started and again it was a favorite of mine's from my favorite vocalist. I swayed at the beginning when Yixing grabbed my hand as he stood up. 
 
“Want to dance this last song with me?” He asked stilling holding to my hand.
 
I nodded and stood up as we walked over to the floor and then I wrapped my arms around his neck like the first dance. He carefully placed his hands a little above my waist and again I blushed. I thought I had seen Junmyeon at the door but when I looked back he was nowhere to be found, but what made me look was the sad but happy look on his face. I started to think about all these mixed feelings I was having since this day started.
 
I rested my forehead on Yixing's shoulder and heard awww's from across the room and was glad, once again, that I could hide my blush behind my hair. I glanced over at the table and could see Luhan and Hana being all lovey-dovey, Chanyeol taking a picture with his phone I could guess, Victoria had her hands below her chin and her head tilted to the side, and Kris looked indifferent but his eyes showed something else. 
 
The song started to come to an end and when it did Yixing and I pulled away, almost slowly. We stared at each other for a second then he broke the silence, “I think we should get you home.”
 
All I did was nod in response.
 
~
 
The car ride was pretty silent except for Hana and Luhan's hushed whispers in Chinese to each other. They really are a match made in heaven. Both are equally beautiful, happy, smart, fun, and cute.
 
The car stopped and I saw we were in front of my building. I made sure I had everything in my clutch before reaching for the dorr handle but then it opened by itself. I climbed out the car and thanked Luhan for the ride and said goodbye to them both. I saw Yixing holding the door open for me and he closed it after I said my goodbyes and walked me to my door. 
 
I unlocked the door and turned around to hug Yixing and as I did, he kissed my cheek. It was just a peck but it made my cheeks go red and hot. We both pulled away  and he quickly waved. “See you at school tomorrow”, he said before walking, more like running, away. I walked in through the door and leaned against the now closed door and held the cheek his pecked then felt myself smile.
 
~{no one's POV}
 
“Did you see that?” 
 
“I did. He kissed her.”
 
“Are you okay?”
 
“I'm fine. I'm fine.”
 
“Hyung if som-”
 
“Please, don't. I'll get to the bus stop on my own. Go home before your parents get worried.”
 
“Are you sure hyung?”
 
“I am. I'll see you at school tomorrow.”
 
“Alright. Goodnight hyung.”
 
“Yeah... Good night.”
 

 

 
**songs mentioned: 1st- 3.6.5. by EXO-M,
                                2nd- 후유증 (Aftermath) by ZE:A,
                                3rd- I Need You by Kim Sunggyu
 
 
 

A/N: Hey. I don't even know if any of you read this but if you do know that I really really really appreciate you waiting and reading this story. I was so close to never posting this story at all. I'm going to try my best to update sooner but if I can't, please wait for me. Sometimes things come up and my typing gets delayed which makes the updates less frequent. Anyway, thank you for reading and the subs and comments. I love reading them. 

               ~Till the next chapter. ^_^