And it begins...

나비~Butterfly

 

“Are you sure about what you're doing? I mean what you're thinking of doing?” Jackie asked me from where she was sitting in front of me on my bedroom floor as I kept staring down at my phone. At the text I had received.
 
“It'll help me move on.” I replied or I think I did.
 
“Think about it first, don't just rush into it! You're going to end up hurting not only yourself but him too.” She reasoned with me.
 
I looked up at her then back down at the text.
 
‘Soojung confessed to me. What do I do?’ It read.
 
‘Be happy.’ I wanted to reply but for some reason I couldn't. In my mind I wanted to tell him how I feel but I knew that would make things worse. Also, I started to think deep about the chances of him ever returning my feelings, it's impossible. We've been friends for a long time, he always told me as a kid that he wanted to marry a pretty girl with long hair and a pretty face like his mother. 
 
I knew who Soojung was since she's in the same class as mine but I never talked to her. She's really pretty though and has long hair too. I played with the ends of my short hair and sighed.
 
“Tell me what you're thinking.”
 
I looked up at my sister, “Soojung is a good match for Junmyeon.”
 
I saw her sigh, “Don't give up that fast!”
 
I looked down at my phone and decided to reply to him. After I finished I got up and went to my table to put my phone to charge. 
 
I'm so stupid.
 
~
 
I woke up and looked over to my clock. WHAT!? It's 7:00!? I sat up quickly and almost tripped as I ran to the bathroom to change. After changing I quickly grabbed my backpack and ran out the door without saying goodbye to my sister who was in the living room talking on the phone. I ran as fast as I could hoping I wouldn't be late.
 
~
 
I got to school on time and forgot my phone at home. I'm so stupid, stupid, stupid. Kyungsoo wasn't in his seat either when I got to class or after the late bell rang. The teacher gave us another pop quiz again.
 
~
 
It's lunch and still no sign of Kyungsoo or anyone else. I sat outside at the same bench as always, I started to doodle when I jumped at someone tapping my shoulder. I turned my head and saw Junmyeon smiling at me. I hesitantly smiled back but it must come out more like a grimace.
 
“What are you doing out here alone?” He asked as he took the empty spot beside me.
 
I scooted a little bit to keep distance between us, “I usually spend lunch here with Kyungsoo but he's been busy lately.”
 
He hummed and then sighed, “You didn't really explain what I should do yesterday.”
 
I turned my eyes to the notebook in my lap and saw that I had drawn a couple. The girl had long dark hair and the boy looked similar to a certain someone. 
 
“What do you mean by be happy?” He asked.
 
I looked up and at his eyes, “Remember when we were kids? You told me you wanted to find someone with long hair and a pretty face like your mother.”
 
His eyes widened for a second before he looked away from me, “What if...?” He looked back at me, “What if I don't want that anymore?”
 
I smiled, “Come on Junmyeon, you haven't changed. Go for it. You never know what might happen.” I felt my heart break a little as I said those words.
 
He frowned, “What if I can't love her?”
 
“Then let her down gently but I would say give it a chance.” More pain.
 
“Thanks.” He said quietly. “So what's up?”
 
I sighed, “Thinking. A lot.”
 
“Of?”
 
I looked down at my notebook again. “Yixing... He confessed to me.”
 
I heard a small gasp, “What did you say?”
 
 
 
“I-I... I like you, Amber.” He said quietly.
 
I froze and stared wide eyed at him. 
 
“I like you as in more than a friend.” He finally looked up and I could see how serious he was.
 
“Yixing-" I started but he held up a hand.
 
“Please, let me let this out.” He took a deep breath and let it out. “I know I may have known you for only a few weeks but I can't help but be attracted to you. I've always been shy towards other girls but you're the first to make me want to get closer to a girl. I've never liked someone like I like you. This may have been just a crush but ever since we went to that wedding I realized that it might just be more than that.” He blinked. “I don't expect you to like me back but please give me a chance. I don't need an answer right now but I want you to think about it. I want to make you mine, make you happy, show you that I'm not like all other guys. Think about it, Amber.” He let my wrist go and pulled me into a hug, gently wrapping his arms around my shoulders. “I hope you have a good night. I'll be waiting.”
 
I was still frozen as he pulled away and walked into his building and then I lost feeling in my legs and fell down to my knees. I didn't know if this was a dream or not but I wanted to wake up from it soon.
 
 
 
“I didn't say anything.”
 
I could feel him staring at me, “Why?”
 
“I was too shocked.” I looked down at the bracelet I had worn to the wedding that my sister gave me afterwards that I never take off now. “I don't know what to do.”
 
~
 
All students ended up staying extra hours at school for studying for the tests coming up next week. It was already 10:30 in the night when I was walking home but a car pulled up beside me and I looked to see Kiseop's car. 
 
He rolled the window down, “Get in. I'm heading to your house to pick up Arexia.” He opened the door.
 
I climbed in and took off my backpack and huffed as I leaned back into the chair. “School is hard here. America has it easy.”
 
Kiseop laughed, “You got that right.”
 
~
 
As expected Arexia was in the living room with my Mom and sister talking about who knows what. I went to my room and locked myself in as I changed out of my clothes into my comfy sweatpants and large t-shirt. I grabbed my phone and saw I had ten messages and a missed call. The missed call was Jackie but most of the messages were 3 of Chanyeol and 3 of Kyungsoo and 3 of Junmyeon and then one of Yixing.
 
Chanyeol kept asking why I wasn't answering, crying faces, and sad faces. Kyungsoo was asking me to visit him. Junmyeon kept asking about what I was going to say to Yixing. I saved Yixing's for last. 
 
‘I hope you have a good night Amber. Sweet dreams.(>^_^)>🌺’ It read.
 
I felt myself blush and I smiled.
 
~
 
School was getting tougher. So much information I had to remember so I don't fail my tests. Then the teacher told us that our first test was this Friday! I'm not prepared! It took Kyungsoo and Zitao to calm me down before I had a mental breakdown. It was around 6 when the teacher told us, the class, to take a five minute break. 
 
“I heard that Yixing confessed to you.”
 
I turned to face Kyungsoo with wide eyes, “What? How did you know that?”
 
He gave me a small smile, “Junmyeon can't keep any secrets from me. These eyes of mine are really useful.”
 
“He did.”
 
“Huh?”
 
I sighed, “Yixing did confess.”
 
“Oh.” He sounded surprised. “What did you say?”
 
“I didn't say anything. I was too shocked. I don't really know how I feel.”
 
“Hmmm...“ he tapped his finger on his chin. “How was the date then? Did you have a good time?”
 
“I told you all about it. I did.”
 
“I remember you telling me you danced two slow dances, right?" I nodded at him. “Then how did you feel as you danced? Did you feel awkward or had butterflies or something?”
 
I thought for a minute, “It felt... right.” I groaned and dropped my head on my desk. “I'm so confused.”
 
~
 
It was around 9:45 when we finally got out of school. Kyungsoo and I were walking out of class when we saw something surprising. Soojung had her hands on either side of Junmyeon's face and when she saw us she pulled him into a kiss. 
 
I was frozen on spot and only came back to my senses when I felt Kyungsoo tugging at my hand. I shook out of his hold on my hand and ran to the stairs, past the two face. When I reached the stairs I kept running down until I was outside the building and kept running until I was halfway home. 
 
I was trying so hard to hold in the tears threatening to spill but once I had stopped running they started to pour out. I started to run again and finally reached my home and unlocked the door quickly and ran to my room without glancing at the living room where I bet my sister was. I threw my bag on the ground and slid down the door after closing it and hugged my knees as I cried into them. 
 
I didn't want to care but I did. It shouldn't hurt so much but it does.
 
~
 
Today is our first exam day. I'm really nervous. In less than 24 hrs I'm going to be taking the test that determines if I go to third year. 
 
“Are you okay?” 
 
I looked to my side to see Kyungsoo with a concerned look and smiled at him. “I'm really okay. I need to focus on studying for this test more.”
 
He sighed and looked back at his own paper.
 
All my friends started to worry about me when I had come in school this morning looking like I had died inside, as they said. I laughed at them and could see the concerned looks that Chanyeol and Kyungsoo gave each other. Zitao didn't say anything when he saw me walk in but smiled sadly at me. He probably heard of what had happened.
 
Soojung walked in after I had sat at my desk and she walked to the back where all girls were sitting and they asked her for details. I had a feeling that she wanted me to hear these details too, since she was being loud enough that I could hear every word. I tuned her out and at the same time my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw a new text sent to me by Yixing.
 
‘Good luck on your exam. Ambie Fighting! ^_^’, he texted.
 
I smiled as I typed back my reply and sent to him. Not a minute later and I got a reply.
 
‘You're welcome. And thank you! Oh! Want to go somewhere with me after school?’
 
~(no one's POV)
 
Junmyeon was sitting in class staring at his phone as he waited for a reply from his best friend about how Amber was. He didn't have to wait long.
 
‘You screwed up hyung.’ It read.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

A/N: Hi.

Im sorry if the chapter is confusing for anyone. I tend to write confusing chapters sometimes. Oh I'm planning on doing one shots, though I'm not good at them though. One I'm currently working on is ... I'm not saying. :P

Anyway thank you for all the lovely comments. And to all new subscribers! 

I think this story might end up being a lot longer than I expected it to be. There's so much that's left to put in.

Anyone order the EXO Repackage album? Have you received it yet or soon? How excited are you? I know I'm very excited! :3