Frozen Time

Mr & Mrs Lee

Seoul, South Korea

The Anankasei team had arrived in Seoul a few days ago. A lot of things happened after they were back, for instance, unexpected glares, and interrogation here and there. You see, being a spy is not something bad and it costs you a lot of things, for instance the ones you love, or the people surround you or even an anonymous. Patience is virtue, that's the conclusion, but not everyone is patient. People put their guards up.

National Intelligence Service

That was the fourth time. Sunny got up to her feet and wiped off the sweat of her forehead and bit her lower lip. She took a breath and let it out slow and steady. She positioned herself and lift up her hand ready to fight. Her opponent is strong but that doesn't mean she's not, just not strong enough. Sunny attacked first, aiming for the leg and grabbed the opponent's hand agressively and pushed him down to the ground. Sunny's trainer, wrote something on his clipboard. Hours have passed and the blue figtings mats were wet with sweats. 

Sunny sighed as she got up on her feet and headed to the changing rooms. 


The night is getting darker and Sunny stood in the living room of her apartment, staring into nothing. In her hand is a cup of coffee. Surprisingly, Suny found herself thinking about Sungmin. She shook her head and throw away the feelings very far away. He is nothing but a rival you have to eliminate, Sunny reminded herself. Feeling bored, she went to the center of the living room and lied on her back and did sets of sit-ups then push-ups. 


Turkey

The room is so small. Smaller than a normal classroom, maybe one-eighth the size of a volleyball court. There is none but one small window or rather a hole which is just big enough for the sunlight to shine through. But at night, it is as dark as the blackest, darkest nights on Earth. The floor is nothing but sand, hot sand during the day, cold sand during the night. The atmosphere is heating, it makes you sweat even if you just sit there doing nothing. Your mind is blank because you are trapped in this lifeless room. A small door is on the right corner, very small that not even Big Show could go through.

A man wearing torn boots and dark-coloured t-shirts walked into a room. In his hands were a bottle of water, then he poured the water onto a man's head. That man, shook his head and said, "What the hell are you doing..??!!!"

That man opened his eyes and tried to wipe his head but both his hands were tied with a rope. His legs too. He was lying on his right side. 

"What's your name?" the man holding the water bottle asked. 

The man lying on his right side said, "We've met Cebe." (Cebe pronounced as 'G-bay')

"What's your name?" Cebe asked again, closing his water bottle.

The man kept quite, not answering Cebe's question. He struggled to get up but Cebe pushed him to the ground with his leg.

"You know that's not nice," he tried to get up, "Urghhh...." he felt pain stung him in the chest.

"Hurt, Donghae?" Cebe asked. He circled around him.

"Huh.." Donghae chuckled, "I am trained to endure such pain Ceb.." (He pronounced it as 'Cab')

Cebe threw his water bottle onto Donghae's face and picked it up again only to slap Donghae with it.

Then, he grabbed a chair from a corner of the room and sat in front of Donghae.

"Do you.....have any family Donghae....?" Cebe suddenly asked.

".....Yeah..... I do," Donghae answered.

Donghae's POV

Then, he grabbed a chair from a corner of the room and sat in front of me.

"Do you.....have any family Donghae....?" Cebe suddenly asked.

".....Yeah..... I do," I answered.

Why would he ask? 

"Do you ever want to see them dead?"

Jessica...

I kept quiet because the only thing I fear now is.....

"Do you Donghae?"

I never fear anything but now, since he said it, I fear losing her.

I stared into Cebe's eyes. I ed my tied legs and sat up straight. 

"No, I don't want to."

If he lay a finger on her.....

"You know Donghae, I have a wife and a son."

Silence surrounded the room.

"Or maybe I had."

"But they died. Right in front of my eyes."

Donghae gulped. His eyes played flashes of memories.

"How did you do it?" Cebe asked, his voice getting hoarser with each word, "Without any mercy?"

It's not me Cebe.

"I let you go once so that you understand pain, feel the pain, appreciate times when you okay, but you have no mercy."

Cebe chuckled. He took out a dagger from his right boot and carresed it with his hands.

"I love this dagger Donghae. I only used it once."

Donghae stared deep into Cebe's eyes. 

"I killed the man that I revenge the most."

"Avenge. Avenge the most," Donghae corrected his English.

"Now, I am using it to kill your wife. So that is fair, isn't it?"


Seoul, South Korea

Jessica walked back and forth. 

"Hana!" She raised her voice.

Hana came running. "Yup..?"

"Got anything?"

"Urmmm... Jess I went to the NIS to get some info and of course they didn't give me any info and..." Hana was about to finish her sentence when Jessica interrupted.

"Hana!" Jessica gave her friend I 'Just-the-results' look.

"I saw a name 'Lee DongHae' on a board in NIS."

That couldn't be, Jessica thought.

"Jess, I tried locating his phone but seems that it's off," Hana continued.


A Few Days Later

Jessica sat on the bed. She looked to her right side and it was empty, and still is. She put a hand on the bed, where Donghae used to sleep. Before he went missing, it used to be warm and felt like home but now it's cold. Cold and gone.

The nights she spent waking up in the middle of the night, thinking, sometimes crying and sometimes angry. She didn't think she'll miss him that much but she did. 

Just then, Jessica sensed something wrong. Like someone was watching her. She looked outside the window on her left-side. She stared at it long and sharp. Then, boom!

(*SLOW MOTION STARTS)

A bullet pierced through the window. Jessica jumped out of her bed. The floor now covered with shattered glass. 

(*SLOW MOTION ENDS)

Jessica felt someone grabbed her hair and pulled her up to her feet. She took his arm and pushed him down the ground. She kicked his head and snapped his neck. She took out a gun from a drawer and some bullets and put the bullets in her pocket. She eyed her surrounding. Never missing a single inch of it. 

Gotcha, she smirked and turned around and took a shot. A man fell down to the ground. 

"Jess," Jessica heard a very familiar voice. A voice that she has always wanted to hear again.

"Donghae..?" Donghae stood in front of her.

Jessica is confused but managed to hide her gun behind her back quickly.

"Where did you learn shooting?" 

Jessica kept quiet.

A man stepped out from Donghae's back and smirked at Jessica. Jessica gave an annoyed look. The man took out a knife from his back.

Donghae looked at Sica, then he said in Chinese, "Run. Run and don't let him catch you." Sica understood but she wan't running. She just stood there. Not moving a muscle. 

"Run! I told you to run! Please!" Donghae earned a elbow hit from the man.

"Cebe don't do this." (Hae pronounced it correctly this time)

Donghae turned to Sica. His eyes shone fear and weakness. 

"Tell me Jessica, do you want to see your husband die?" Cebe asked. 

Jessica gulped. She gave Cebe a very cold stare, a stare that Donghae never saw before. 

"Who are you?"

"You heard my name." Cebe walked to Donghae and ran the knife through Donghae's neck.  

"I gave him a thing that worsen his sight. If you look closely, he thinks your standing a little bit to the left."

Jessica noticed. Donghae tilted his head a little bit to the left. She pointed her gun to Cebe and pulled the trigger.

"You don't want to do that." Cebe warned him. 

"What are you gonna do?" Jessica challenged him. 


A/N: I know it's a short update after a long wait but I want some suspense... Heheheee... I am evil huh.. Hope you enjoyed it!