Faster than the Wind

Mr & Mrs Lee

Seoul, South Korea

At A Theme Park

Jessica and Donghae were at a theme park in Seoul with their friends. Both of them wore casual clothes. Jessica was chatting with some of her friends when Donghae asked if she wanted to try something out.

"Let's just walk around and see..." Jessica agreed.

They both walked around leisurely until they saw a archery section. They decided to try archery. Donghae paid a few tokens and put his hands in his jeans' pockets.

"Wanna go first?" He asked.

"Well..." Jessica took the bow and placed the arrow on it but her posture was a bit awkward so Donghae adjusted it.

She shooted and blaap... missed the target. The arrow hit the wall. Sica chuckled and took another shot, this time almost hitting the target. Embarassed, she passed the bow to Donghae. He took an arrow and shootedd. It hit two rings away from the red dot. Jessica looked at him with her famous ice cold stare. He took anothet shot and bullseye! Donghae let out a faint smile and turned to Jessica.

"Guess it's my luck..!" He said while rubbing the back of his neck.

Jessica was not really satisied so she took the bow from his hands.

"Wanna try again..?" Donghae asked.

Jessica took the arrow and muttered, "Yeah."

She took a shot and bullseye! Donghae gaped i awe of her drastic improvement. Jessica put the bow down and turned to Donghae, holding his hands in hers.

"Where did you learn archery?" Sica questioned.

"Dad thought it's important to learn... so..." Donghae countered.

Fishy, Sica thought...

 

A Few Days Later

In a Boxing Studio

"She's like a Christmas morning," Donghae said. His breath heavy.

"What?!" Nathan couldn't hear Donghae.

"She's beautiful Nate," Donghae punched his boxing partner in the stomach, "Never... met...anyone... like... her..!" He punched the guy in between his words.

"Could you please...." he was about to finish his sentence when his assistant interrupted him.

He dismissed his assistant and turned back to Donghae. Donghae was on the floor covering his face with his arms. His boxing partner kept on feeding him punches until Donghae lifted his knee and kicked between his legs. The guy groaned in pain and Donghae stood up.

"I never felt this....," The guy charged at him and Donghae gave him a sweet punch in the jaw and double punch in his abs, "this... I don't know, hyper... I guess?"

"What?!" Nathan couldn't understand him.

Donghae now soaked in sweat, "Is that the only word you know Nathan?"

Nathan just gave his buddy a 'What the hell' stare. Donghae smirked and kicked the guy in his limbs and punched him at the side of his stomach.

"I'm getting married," Donghae finally revealed.

Nathan was getting frustated because he couldn't hear what his buddy was trying to say, "Could you just please stop. I couldn't hear a single letter!"

"I'm getting married," Donghae raised his voice a little.

 

Somwhere....

"Aren't you taking it a little too fast..?" Hana asked.

Jessica and Hana went rock climbing. Sica hold her rope that was tied to her waist and adjusted her footing. It wasn't all that difficult now that it's the autumn season. Hana, her friend and assistant accompanied her.

"You know me. I never do things with thinking it thoroughly.." I said.

Hana just frowned. She tried to keep up with Jessica but God that woman is so fast and skilled.

"So what does he do?" Hana asked, curiosity aroused.

"He's a contractor. Big-time contractor with big-time offers," she adjusted her footing again and let out a sigh of tiredness, "He got as much as I do, so we're pretty good."

 

Boxing Studio

"Works in a computer temp company. CEO..." John struggled in his boxing partner hands. He did a 'Houdini' and punched him in tha face.

Nathan frowned and told both of them to stop. "That's it for today," John got out from the ring, "Man you really need to work out more," Nathan earned a chuckle from Donghae.

Donghae took his towel and wiped his face, "I'm getting married, Nathan!"

 

Two Weeks Later

National Intelligence Service (NIS) HQ

"Focus, boy! You only live once!" Nathan commanded.

"What does that have to do-" A young boy muttered but was heard by Nathan which earned a smack from him.

The young boy, Lee Jong Suk rubbed the back of his head.

"Focus. Think the gun as your hero. Without it, you're," Nathan showed his thumbs up which eventually pointing it down towards the ground, "Dead meat."

Jong Suk turned to his front and aimed. A few other trainees were having their shooting practices. In a few more days, their shooting test will be held. Jong Suk couldn't afford to fail. Not this time. He needs to prove to the others that he is as just as capable as his brother, preferably better.

He focused. He took a deep breath and exhaled. Jong Suk pulled the trigger and bam! He shot it. Damn it! It was so close. He nearly hit the target but nearly isn't good enough, no it was bad. Just so bad.And so, the practise just went on and on and on.

Nathan wrapped it up and left. He grabbed a cup of coffee at the coffee shop down the streets. His buddy, Jung Il Yong came and joined him.

"Still with the cold attitude?" Il Yong asked.

"Hey! Not my fault. They're just like kids."

"He's capable you know that."

"Who-? Lee Jong Suk?" Nathan let out a chuckle and sipped his frappuccino coffee.

"That kid is still a raw fish," he said, "and you, brush up. You're not even up to my level."

"Have I told you lately that I feel like kicking your ?" Il Yong asked frustated.

"Nope!" Nathan left.

 

Seoul District Law Firm

"Yah Park Se Young! Work harder and stop day-dreaming."

Park Se Young, a new lawyer in probation in the firm. She shook her head and hit her head, forcing herself to quit dreaming. Then, she went through the files of previous cases and made some notes. This is how she is trained now. On other days, she would follow her boss to courts and sit and the back to observe. Observe, absorb and focus. That's what she has to do. Sometimes she wondered why she chose to become a lawyer but when she thought about those bad guys roaming freely along the streets and the amount of innocent convicted people whom are charged and found guilty, she was determined.

Park Se Young is going to chase away all those bad guys and make Seoul a criminal-free district that it used to be.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

So how is it? Enjoyed...? Hope so... Such a short and slow (boring maybe) chapter. Sorry. Next chapter is Five or Six Years Later. Please wait for it..! Thanks for the love and support. Critics are higly appreciated!