년 후 (Years Later)

Mr & Mrs Lee

JESSICA'S POV

I woke up feeling like a hangover. I felt like I just got hit by a truck. I opened my eyes slowly and I realized I am now in a small room, the stench disgusted me and the sight of my surrounding made me vomit. Rats everywhere, there were even dead ones. Cockroaches lingered around and what's that smell? Urine? Dead body? 

I had some gushes on my hand, then I remembered something.

(FLASHBACK STARTS)

I went inside the room and my head was knocked with something that felt like a stick or something blunt but hard. I fainted but before that I could still hear a familiar voice. It called out my name. Then, I truly fainted.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

My heart whispered that it was Donghae's. Nevertheless, a small voice deep inside my heart screamed that it wasn't. That that voice belonged to someone I knew. Someone I expected to be there to help. Someone like Hana. I smiled to the thought that maybe it was Hana because Hana would be able to find her and help Donghae then solve this puzzle and get back to the way it was. 

Jessica brought her knees close to her chest and wrapped her arms around. One thing that she learned from all those spying things, is to never let fear and confusion got the better of you. Stay focus and observe your surrounding. Stay compose and never say a word, unless necessary. Use any ways to get out, by any means. 'Cause if you can't be brutal, then there's no point of punching and kicking those bastards. 

I avoided thinking about Donghae cause I knew that would break me down, make me weak and cry. I avoided thinking of my past because it makes me grumpy and impatient. I am of all sorts but a monster. As brutal as I am; only when necessary; I came to know that I have humanity in heart. That I would not kill when eyes meet and I would not harm children. 


AT A CAFE SOMEWHERE IN SEOUL

Lee Jong Suk sipped a cup of coffee and laid back on his chair. He closed his eyes and lifted his head up so the sun rays shone to his fair rough skin. His thin cotton emerald shirt showed of his muscular frame and his light brown hair adds the perfect touch to his perfect skin tone. 

He felt happy and nervous today because this day would be the very first time he met her after so many long years. Few minutes later, Se Young came wearing a simple blouse and a knee-length skirt, she wore a blazer indicating she rushed off from office to meet him. 

Se Young found Jong Suk and headed towards the table after a few seconds hesitating. He looked perfect in any way because he is Lee Jong Suk. He could never go wrong. Se Young put her file on the table and Jong Suk opened his eyes and faced her. Se Young gasped almost inaudibly because after all these years, she is still amazed by his hazel eyes. 

"I thought you're just gonna go missing again," Jong Suk said. 

Se Young just drew out a breath and tightened her grip around her handbag strip.

Jong Suk then stood up after a silent 'ah' and pulled out a chair for her like a perfect gentlemen. Se Young smiled a thank you and sat. She ordered a plain water and folded her hands on the table. For a few minutes, they were silent, not knowing what to talk. Se Young kept her head down, sometimes looking to her right and left, anywhere but not him, not his eyes. Meanwhile, Jong Suk kept staring at her. Se Young noticed this, but she avoided his eyes, his gaze. 

A while after that, Se Young felt uneasy of his gaze and looked at him in his eyes, only to avert her eyes to another direction.

"Where have you been?" Jong Suk said. His gaze on her always strong and confident, yet searching. Searching for the truth.

He wanted to know why she left him alone. After all the years they have spent together, she left him alone months before they could walk down on the altar. 

"Jong Suk-ssi," Se Young said.

"Jong Suk-ssi?" he interrupted.

"You used to call me-" he added.

"Stop it." she said.

"No, you stop it!" Jong Suk said. He never averted his gaze on her.

"I just need to know why," he waited for her to answer, "please.." he said, almost in a whisper.


THREE YEARS LATER

Se Young felt sunshine shone on her face. She turned to her left and hugged  the man besie her.

"Yeobo, are you awake?" 

"Hmmphh..." the man said.

"Jong Suk-ah.." she said.

Jong Suk opened his eyes and stared at his wife's beautiful face. 

"I thought you promised to call me 'yeobo'," Jong Suk said.

"Ishh, like a girl," Se Young said, and turned her head to the opposite side.

Jong Suk tickled Se Young upon hearing her comment. The room is fillied with laughter of hapiness and playfulness.

 

"Are you okay?" 

"Ummhh..." Jessica replied.

"Look you have to move on,"

"His body hasn't be discovered yet!" 

"Jess!"

"I would not rest until his body is discovered. Until then, I would keep on believing he is still alive."

Hana didn't know what to say or how to console her anymore. After her team had discovered her being held as a hostage in Cambodia. Jessica's right leg was broken and she had a fractured shoulder. Right now, Jess still have scars on her hands and legs, which she would cover all of it with her clothes.

Jessica walked down the hallway to the kitchen in her ‘office’. She stirred a cup of coffee and sipped it, her mind raced, thinking of this and that. She finished her drink and walked back to her room. She sat at her desk, pulling out some files and reviewed it. Bored, she pushed it away. She stood up and rested her hand on her hips. She let out a loud sigh and began to walk back and forth. I need confirmation!


Sunny and Sungmin went out to have lunch. Three years ago, Sungmin asked her out on a date which obviously she turned it down but somehow, in a cocky way, he managed to have a date with her. Soon, dates turn to bedrooms and now, she is his fiancé. Sometimes, Sungmin on being so hard-to-get when she knew herself that she has fallen for his charms. Sunny would argue and said that she only fell for him after she saw him talking to a victim, whom is a boy and found that he is actually quite nice and warm, not very cocky.

The two lovebirds were talking about their marriage and Sungmin said that when he saw Jong Suk's wedding with Se Young, he felt jealous and he wanted to have a more grand wedding. Sunny just laughed at how cute Sungmin looked when he is jealous. She realized how innocent he is and how loving they are. 

Later, they got back to their work. Sungmin would always kiss Sunny's forehead and whispered in her ear, "Be careful. I love you." Then Sunny would reply, "You better come home." After that only they will part to their work. 


SOMEWHERE ON EARTH

A man walked in a bar, ordering two cups of Bourbon and a plate of chips. He drank one cup and ate the chips. His beard reached his chest and his shirt, plain and blue. The night was a wild one, especially when one had a drink after a vigorous fun. That kind of fun. He finished his second cup and ordered another two. The smell of her perfume still on his shirt. The man closed his eyes and pictured her voluptuous body, but instead of the woman's face that came out in his mind, a face of a woman, whom he missed popped out. His body tensed, knowing the sins he had make. He missed her, that's all. He loved her and still is. He left because that would do her good, because it is better to leave her to see her alive than staying with her then watch her die. A woman bartender came up to the man and asked, "You wanna have some fun?" 

She had his lustful look on her face which the man felt disgusted anyway. 

The man leaned his body closer to the bar and said almost inaudible, "You're not up to my standard." So the woman splashed alcohol to his face and the man chuckled and whispered, "Only Jessica is."