Can't Let You Go

Mr & Mrs Lee

"Start talking," she pointed to Hana who was sitting on the floor, cupping her bleeding head, "and then you!" she pointed to Donghae.

Donghae sighed. He grabbed a chair and almost sat down on it when he remembered about Yoona. He looked over his shoulder and saw Yoona. Her knees covering her face. Her shoulder shook in fright and terror. Donghae felt really pity towards her. She never really deserve to witness any of this. Donghae knew Yoona all too well. He knew her inside out. Yoona is still the same Yoona he married eight years ago. He confessed that there are days he felt guilty of screwing them up. He lead on her to a false fantasy. Donghae slawly approached Yoona who was crying like a lost child, just softly-almost inaudible. 

He crouched in front of her. "Hey..! Are you okay..?"

Yoona looked up at him. Her eyes were red and her cheeks stained in tears. "What do you think?" Her voice broke like glass shattering to pieces.

Donghae put his hand on Yoona's right arm and gave a reassuring smile. He took off his tuxedo and put it over her shoulder. He hugged Yoona and whispered something in her ears which made Yoona smiled a bit.

Jessica witnessed everything and to be honest, she didn't like it. She looked at them and she couldn't deny that there are sparks between them, if not were. Jesica rolled her eyes and turned her gaze to Hana.

"I thought I could trust you.." Jessica said, her voice sharp as a knife.

"This is a world full of treacherous agendas. What do you expect?" Hana replied, wiping off the blood from her bleeding lips with the back of her hand. 

Jessica charged towards her and grabbed her hair, "Look b****! I'm gonna kill you like I did to the previous 369 people. Do you understand me?" Jessica's eyes bulged out of its core. Hana let out a chuckle. 

"Do you think I'm scared of you womn?! There are a lot more people want you and him dead!" Hana pointed to Donghae.

Jessica was shocked. A lot more people..? She thought. She looked over to Donghae, his face showed concern.

"Who?" He asked, walking towards Jessica and Hana.

"Ya think I'mma give the names..?" Hana chuckled. 

Donghae put his gun up, align to Hana's chest, "Who are they..?" He asked.

Jessica gave Hana a warning look. Hana knew she wouldn't stand a chance against both of them, so she gave up.

"I only know one name. He knows one," Hana said, then pointed to Donghae.

Jessica looked at Donghae. "You know one..?" 

"Ian Hunts wants you dead. The other guy... ask your beloved husband." 

Jessica looked at Donghae, waiting for an answer. "Alexander Pudolvkin."

Jessica felt her heart sank to her knees. She has been trying to take Pudolvkin down almost her entire life and now her back is marked red by him and Hunts. 

"And 5 more.... " Hana said. 

Now, the whole world is up against them, viciously. 

 

 

After sending Yoona home, Donghae and Jessica drove to an enclosed area somewhere in Seoul. 

"Start talking." Jessica said.

"He wants you dead. So I thought I should go away and take him down on my own..." Donghae haven't finish his sentence yet.

"What?!" Jessica interrupted.

"You won't stand a chance against him Jess!" Donghae said. Jessica sensed truth in his sentence. 

"I don't want anyone to hurt you. I know our relationship is full of lies and .... and..... untold stories or events but I don't want you to get hurt." Donghae confessed. 

Jessica looked at him in the eyes. She tried to find any hint of lies or unfaithfulness but she found none.

"Why do you have to go..?" Jessica asked, her face as cold as ever.

"You know why... I think you understand why..." Donghae replied.

"How do you think we are going to fix us... if you run away..? I thought I lost you forever!" Jessica exclaimed.  

They both became quiet. Donghae loosened up the first two buttons of his shirt and pit his hands in his pockets. He opened his mouth to start talking when Jessica said, "I hate to say this but I... I can't let you go.." She said. Her voice trembled. 

Upon hearing this, Donghae pulled out his hands from his pockets and walked closer to Jessica and cupped her face. He leaned closer and closer until they were just inches apart. Jessica closed her eyes. She hoped that she could just taste those lips again. Those lips of a man she longed for at night. She closed her eyes and waited.... and waited... and waited.... but nothing happened. She opened her eyes slowly and there he was. Still gazing towards her but his eyes flashed something that were not love and longing. It was.... something that she never knew. 

"This... us.... right now... I just don't feel right about it... Do you feel right about it?" 

Jessica didn't know what to answer him. Is he doubting her love? Is he second-guessing her faith towards him?

Donghae let go of his hands and put it back in his pockets. He gave Jessica a key and a piece of paper. "Go to this house. You'll be safe. Just say the code written on the paper. They'll let you in," Jessica looked at the paper and the key, then back at Donghae, "You can trust them," Donghae assured her. 

Jessica took it ad with that, he left her there. He left her alone again. She never expected this to happen. 


A/N: Rather a short update. Hope you enjoyed it. I don't like the fact that Donghae left Sica alone on the streets at night. Do you?