Come Home....

Mr & Mrs Lee

"What do you want from me!!!" Donghae said while hitting the desk quite hard with his right hand. His veins on his neck are quite visibly seen. His face red. 

"You know what I want from you.." The director said, his eyes were like eagles, looking down at Donghae. 

"You walk out and you're going to regret what happens next. You're going to regret it so much!!" the director said when he saw Donghae turned around and started to walk out. 

"Watch me!" Donghae said while walking out from that dull liveless room. He walked down the stairs quickly while glancing towards Jessica. Noticing eyes on her, Jessica glanced towards Donghae. Please... let it be good news..!! Jessica prayed in her heart. 

 

Donghae walked towards Jessica and quickly grabbed her hand in a blink of an eye. He greeted Nathan and quickly walked out of the building. 

"Back-ups...?" Jessica asked, allowing herself to be pulled away by Donghae. 

"None." He answered shortly. 

Donghae led Jessica walking towards.... nowhere. He just let his legs took control of his body. He needed to clear his mind out, figuring a plan, a back-up plan, a gateway, a life. Jessica kept quiet. She feared if she started talking then the truth will come to light and not all truths are sweet. 

"They warn me to leave you. To put three bullets in your chest."

Jessica didn't seem surprise at all. Why would she? It's not the first time that she has to face death. She just kept walking. She just wanted to feel his warm hands holding hers. She felt protected in his arms, even though she is extremely capable of protecting herself. She let Donghae protect her all this while because she doesn't know when she will see him again, to feel herself indulging in his touch. People are united by love and separated by love. If God forbids their love then maybe fate should step in and continue the game. Then, they will have to say forced goodbyes. 

She knew it all along, ever since their first meeting in Karelia, that he is her Achilles' heels. And she bet she is his too. 

 

Suddenly Donghae stopped and turned around to face his wife. They were now at a deserted alley. The time is almost dusk. Reddish orange colouring painted the sky on the horizon. The sun is about to bid its farewell to Earth, and the air is getting cold. Winter will come in a few more weeks. Yesterday, they were sure that this year's winter won't be the coldest in their whole life because they have each other, but now, doubts started to arise. 

Donghae cupped Jessica's cheeks and looked her in the eyes. He stared into it long and quiet, savouring the beauty of her eyes. Jessica stood still, just waiting for him to make a move, even though she felt very impatient. 

"I. Will. Never. Ever. Ever. Leave. You.!" he finally spoke. 

Tears stung her eyes. Oh gosh! When did she become so sensitive and emotional...? Jessica thought to herself. 

"Even if it means death awaits us."

Jessica touched one of his hands that were cupping her cheeks. She closed her eyes and leaned her head closer towards his hand that she touched. "I love you..."

Donghae kept staring at her. "Well, my love. I love you too..." he said. 

 


 

 

Se Young woke up at 4.30 AM, then quickly ran to the bathroom and puked. Jong Suk felt the bed shifted so he woke up immediately. He followed his wife and saw her puking. Jong Suk rubbed her back, trying to comfort her. Jong Suk felt really worried for her. She has been like this for the past few weeks. Jong Suk put his hand on her forehead. It felt extremely warm and hot. "It's been two days you're having fever. Are you sure you don't wanna go to the clinic?" He said when Se Young finished puking. 

Se Young shook her head. She rinsed with the tap water thrice. 

Jong Suk felt really concerned. Not only she is puking almost every morning and sometimes at night, he couldn't even go close to her, especially when he wanted to kiss her. He put his hand on the back of his neck and rubbed it lightly. Se Young turned around and faced him. 

"There's something I wanna tell you." 

Jong Suk raised his eyebrow. Se Young grabbed his hand and led him to the bed. They sat on the edge of the bed. Se Young looked at him and said, "I'm pregnant..!" 

Jong Suk eyes widened, his eyebrows shot upwards. He was so speechless. Seeing the reaction, Se Young looked away, "Look! I know we haven't talk about having one right now but...."

Before Se Young could finish talkinng, Jong Suk interrupted, "Are you kidding me? I'm happy!!!" Jong Suk said and hugged her so tightly. 

Se Young felt surprised at his words but immediately felt relieved when he said that he is happy. 

"I wanted to tell my parents that night when we had dinner together but I wanted you to be the first to know, above anyone else."

Jong Suk smiled widely like a mad man. Then, he touched Se Young's belly and rubbed it. "How long has it been... you know..?" 

"I have no idea. I wanted to go to the clinic and scan my tummy but I wanted to go with you..." Se Young answered. 

"I actually plan to tell you on your birthday, which is in 3 more days, if I didn't announce it that night. But I couldn't wait..!!" Se Young continued. 

"It's okay... The sooner the better. Hello baby..!" Jong Suk while rubbing his wife's belly. 

"Let's go to te clinic and get it scan." Jong Suk offered. 

Se Young smiled and nodded. Suddenly, Jong Suk phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and his face frowned. Se Young saw this and she immediately knew what it meant. Jong Suk quickly took the call. 

"Hello!"

"To the HQ! NOW!" the man over the phone said. He is the assistant director in HQ.

"Yes sir!" Jong Suk replied sharply. 

He hung up and looked at Se Young who was facing him. The words 'I'm Sorry' was written all over his face. 

"It's okay, go. We'll have a rain check." 

Jong Suk nodded and pecked her forehead. Then he got dressed and kissed his wife before leaving. 

"Take care babe and baby..." Jong Suk said while rubbing his wife's stomach. 

 

 

"Where are we going...?" Jessica said. 

"My house.." Donghae replied.

 

 

In a few minutes, Jessica and Donghae arrived at his house. Donghae quickly checked the window and the doors, to find signs of break-ins. Fortunately, he found none. 

"Make yourself comfortable..." Donghae said when he saw Jessica stood near the door awkwardly. Jessica nodded after hearing this and went to the fridge and took out a carton of orange juice. She opened a drawer next to the fridge, hoping to grab a glass but greeted with nothingness in it. She opened another drawer next to it and saw nothing in it. She bent herself down and opened another drawer and also saw nothing. Seriously... what does he have in this small house..?

"The drawer next to the one you're looking at.." Donghae said, when he saw Jessica was trying to find something. Jessica let out a silent 'oohhh...' and grabed the glass. 

That evening, neither of them talked to each other. They sat quietly in the living room, spacing out. They looked at nothing, their minds roamed free. Savouring the moments of them together. Sometimes silence is better than noise. 

 

 

Midnight greeted them but Jessica and Donghae haven't retired to bed yet. Donghae's phone rang and he picked it up. Jessica kept quiet, knowing that the call is from NIS. She sighed. For the whole day, she has been stealing glances at Donghae, mesmerizing his perfectly imperfect face. Does hat make sense... perfectly imperfect..? 

"Sungmin is here, he's watching over you... I have to go to the HQ." Donghae said while getting his car keys. He walked out the door and was about to leav when he turned around and walked towards Jessica. He stopped in front of her and kissed the crown of her head and whispered, "Take care... I'll come home to you... soon..."

Then he walked out, leaving to the HQ. Jessica watched him leave. Her heart beat faster than ever. Will you, Hae... come home to me... soon? Jessica second-guess his promise. 

 

 

 

 

Donghae walked into his office room and sat on his chair. He spun around for a couple of times, thinking on what to do to clear this mess up. He was lucky that the director is not here in Korea. He went to America to settle some 'work'. He spun again this time but halted to a stop when he saw a video recorder safely kept on a shelf. He stared at it hard and long. After for what it seems a century long, Donghae got up from his seat and grabbed the video recorder. He took the tripod stand and placed it just a few inches away from the desk. He turned it on and started recording. 

He walked back to his seat and sat down. He cleared his throat and looked at the recorder. 

"Hey..." he said.

 


 

Jong Suk and Minho walked towards Donghae's office room and opened the room without knocking it. Donghae wasn't surprised by the sudden burst of the Lee Brothers. 

"What's up... Lees?" Donghae said. 

Jong Suk chuckled. 

"He's here... w have to move.." Minho said referring to the director. 

"Why are you taking my side..?" Donghae asked, looking straight into Minho's eyes. 

"Why do you think I have a team on ready for the past two years..?" Minho asked. 

Donghae nodded. JongSuk looked at his watch. He looked at Donghae and nodded, signalling that it was their time to go. Donghae pulled out a drawer and took out a gun and a CD case. He kept in a black backpack, and zipped it. The Lee Brothers and Donghae walked out of Donghae office and headed to the basement where Nathan and his team were waiting. 

 

When they arrived, the three men stood in front. Nathan's spy team stood in two horizontal lines. Nathan, who was standing in front of everybody else, put his hands at his back. He looked at his team and then said, "Gents! We are here for a mission we have readied ourselves for two long years. As we all know, our Director is a threat to the country, having alliances with illegitimate agencies. Today, not only we will eliminate him and protect our beloved country but we will set ourselves free from any dirty work," Nathan stopped for a while. 

"Anyone of you who wished to step back from this mission, please do so now..." he continued. 

None of the spies stepped back instead they only stepped forward. Nathan nodded, he was proud. 

"Let's get rollin'" he said. 

"Yes sir!" his team said in unison. 

 

 

The team is separated into three. Two teams will go by car and one team by helicopter. Go where? Well, to get the director's on fire!

Donghae and Nathan were in the helicopter. They were wearing their bulletproof vest. Donghae put on his black sunglasses and opened his bag. He took out the CD and gave it to Nathan. 

"If I don't make it...." he said to Nathan, "give this to her..."

Nathan looked at his best friend. He was stunned, nevertheless, he took the CD and kept it safe in his bag. Nathan and Donghae talked for a while. Nathan nodded at Donghae's instructions. 

"Please..! Keep her safe..!" Donghae said, while putting his hand on Nathan's arm. 

"Don't worry bro... You can trust me.." Nathan reassured him by putting his arm on his shoulder. 

 

 

(Fast Forward)

They caught the director red-handed. 

(A/N: I don't really know how to write this part and I have been wondering it for days.... Let's just say that Donghae and Nathan truly showed off their fighting skills...)

 

 

Nathan handcuffed the director and made him sat on his knees. He placed a bomb against the wall. 

"Look! Tell me what's the plan..?" Minho asked the director, while spinning his guns around in his hands. 

"Tch..!" the director scoffed. 

Minho looked at Nathan and he understood. Nathan walked towards the bomb and turned the timer to 4 minutes countdown. 

"You have 4 minutes.." Minho said. His eyes focused on the gun in his hands. 

The director kept quiet for a while which made Minho looked at him. He aggressively walked towards the director and kicked his thigh, which made the director fall flat on his face to the ground. The director groaned in pain. Minho grabbed the director's hair and pulled him up so that he stood on his knees. Then, he pointed a gun to the director's head. 

"Jong Suk-ah...." Minho called for his brother, without averting his gaze from the man kneeling in front of him. 

Jong Suk walked towards his brother with a tablet in his hand. He soved it infront of the direcor. On the screen, the face of the director's wife and daughter were clearly seen. They were toed to a wall and gagged. 

"We really don't want to take it this far..... but you forced us too...." Minho said. 

Donghae looked at his watch. They really have to speed up. Time wasn't allowing for any delay. 

"Watch your head..." the director warned Minho. 

Minho's brows furrowed as he tried to figure out the traitor's words. 

In less than a second, a bullet pierced through the glass window on the wall and it pierced through Minho's head. Jong Suk who was standing beside his brother, ducked his body down to the floor. 

Jong Suk looked at his brother, who wasn't moving at all. He walked closer to him and saw that he was already dead,his eyes and mouth open. The bullet pierced through his head, exactly in the center. Blood flowed through his body. Jong Suk put his hand on his brother's eyes and closed it with his hands. He pulled his brother's head close to his chest and stayed in that position for quite a while. Tears rolled from his eyes, small and slow but equally painful and sorrowful. His breath became loud, harsh and short. Then, he looked at the bastard who was kneeling on the ground with a smirk painted on his face. 

 

Donghae who was shocked and stunned, walked towards the director and punched him. He grabbed the director's shirt and shouted, "What more do you want.!!!!!!" His eyes red because of the wrath inside of him. 

Suddenly, a team of unknown armed people walked busted in and shot at them. Donghae dragged the director across the room to find cover. Nathan followed him ad asked him to keep the director alive because they still need the director to figure out what his plan is. 

 

(Fast forward)

The bomb countdown is now up to 2 minutes. Donghae saw this and signalled to Jong Suk to clear out. They didn't have much time left. Jong Suk signalled to Nathan the same thing. He grabbed his brother's dead body and walked out of the empty building. A few spies helped him to celar out his way. Just wait you son of a b*tch! I'll avenge his death...

Nathan and Jong Suk and a few other spies had already got out. Nathan looked around and couldn't spot Donghae anywhere. His heartbeat fastened. He looked at his watch. The time on the bomb would have around less than a minute left. Donghae would have to work really quick. 

 

Nathan was about to run into the building when the bomb ticked off. The building exploded and the rumbles flew in the sky then fell to the gorund again. The flame was so huge and the area was scattered with pieces of rumbles. 

Nathan who ducked his body down to the ground looked up to the detsroyed building which is now on fire. His mouth wide agape. He felt his heart sank to his knees. No...! His mind shouted.


A/N: An update. Sorry for the long wait. One more chapter to go and the story will come to and end.