The Meeting

Mr & Mrs Lee

Donghae and Yoona walked down the street together. They just had a cup of coffee at a nearby coffee shop. Donghae was wearing a black tuxedo and a white shirt with long black pants. Yoona wore a mini black dress and was holding a huge orange-gold purse.

 

donghae.jpgBRTUE6dCUAAhe9g.jpg:large

(Donghae's suit. Ignore the glasses and.. Kyu...Sorry)       (Yoona's dress. Ignore the studs and she has her hair in a bun)

 

They stopped as the lights for pedestrians went red. They were chatting on random things like the weather and work. 

"How's life really... Hae?" Yoona asked.

Not good. "Everything seems to look just fine," he lied.

"What happened after we divorce?" Yoona asked.

Yoona has always wanted to ask this question. She really hopes that Donghae at least think about her.

"I um... the same." he replied.

"Oh...!" Yoona wasn't expecting that, "really... Hae?" The lights went green and they walked.

".,... You know what— How 'bout you?" They stopped walking when Donghae grabbed Yoona's hand. 

"I'm still waiting for you," Yoona answered. Her eyes twitched a bit. 

"Look Yoona..." Donghae tried to say something.

"I just still don't get why we got divorce?" Yoona started to pour her heart out.

Donghae kept on walking. Yoona followed him and grabbed his arm and forced him to stop, which he turned around and replied, "Look! It was like a high school thingy ya know. I'm pretty sure, we do not love each other, or maybe didn't.....—" Donghae motioned his hands back and forth from him to her.

"But I still do. Every single day. From the very first time we started dating back in high school till the day we hit off to the priest and said our vows till the day we moved in together to a new cheap apartment and till the day you said it's over and till today! Until now, Donghae I STILL love you."

Donghae didn't know how to respond. To him, his past with Yoona was just short-lived. It was a childish thing that he thought he would love to be with Yoona for eternity but it didn't work out well. Sometimes they fought but it was not violent at all. They somehow found ways to make up to each other but things changed and people change and you think that he or she is the best for you but at that time when realization hits you, you realize that that person is no longer the one. 

 

Nevertheless, it's different with Jessica. To him, his wife is like a puzzle piece. It's just that he doesn't have the pieces, he needs to sometimes find it and sometimes earn it. He found few (and there are still more to be found) but the thing is that he haven't earn anything yet. When he was on the run, he realize he is crazy over his wife. It was not a one-night stand thing, you know. He married her because there's something about her that fills the empty space in his heart. Something about her aura that fascinates him. Something about her eyes and gaze that captivates him. Something that is so indescribable yet so breathtaking and magical. So strong and powerful. So loving and dear to him. 

 

Donghae just kept on walking. He walked away from Yoona. Yoona kept on trying to catch up with him but boy, he is really avoiding her. Feeling exhauseted, Yoona decided to just stop. Chasing after Lee Donghae would be impossible, for now. 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV

That night, Donghae decidedto stop by at his contracting company. He parked his car and was about to enter until he saw a black mini chevrolet parked beside his Lexus Hybrid. Donghae knew who the driver is. He was just startled to the fact that she knew where his 'workplace' is. 

"Yoona," he greeted with a light head bow. His keys are still in his hands.

"Donghae," Yoona answered with a light smile. She adjusted her handbag on her shoulder. 

 

Donghae let her enter his company for he is sure that his assistants have hid the top secrets stuff pretty private. His assistants are all from NIS under a special programme unit which he is appointed as leader. Yeah.. in NIS, you are not only a spy agent but you could be so much more... even work as a barber. I'm not kidding. 

When they entered, Donghae sensed something fishy. He carefully switched on the lights. He let Yoona made herself a cup of coffee in the small kitchen area and he went and examine his office room. When he entered the office room, it was pitch black. But he is a trained spy, and he has been trained to see in the dark. And he saw the woman that he has been wanting to see.

"Jess..."

 

 

JESSICA'S POV

At precisely 8 PM, I arrived at my husband's office. Somehow, the word husband sent pangs of pain in my heart. How I wish he's still here to explain what's going on and to take this unbearable pain away.  I walked into the company, thanks to my breaking-in skills which left no marks or damage to the door. I entered Donghae's office. It was pitch black and I could care less to switch on the lights. I sat on his chair and tried to absorb any feeling of his presence. Then I stood up, mesmerizing the pictures hung on the walls. There's a picture of him in a university graduation suit which she knew it was fake. A picture of their wedding. Another picture of him and his company workers. Jessica was about to pull out the desk drawers when she heard someone opening the door and switching on the lights. My mind screamed for me to hide but I stood there frozen. I myself didn't know why. Then a figure was approaching to Donghae's room. My mind yelled at me to hide but I stood there frozen. If this is a real combat then I am dead. But now, it felt different. My heart told me to stand and wait. If it is one of Donghae's staff then I could just say that I am his wife and I have every right to enter his office room. If it is someone else then, why do they even care? Why are they here at the first place? My mind thought. 

Little I knew that the person before me is the person that I least expect to stand there right in front of me but I most expect him to explain what's going on. 

"Jess..." he said. His voice ever the same. His face, a bit rougher and rouge. He is a bit more muscular than before, a bit more tanned as well. 

"Donghae...." I am utterly lost in words. I am not dreaming, right?

Suddenly, I heard footsteps approaching. 

"Donghae, where are you? Why is it so dark? Turn on the lights please..."

A woman's voice. I raised my left eyebrow. 

 

 

DONGHAE'S POV

I was completely shocked yet happy to finally see her. For a moment, I was lost in my own world, staring at her ever so beautiful exquisite face. Her honey blonde long wavy hair that fell on her shoulder perfectly. Her cheekbones that are prominent in its place. Through the dark, I could see her rosy thin lips. Those lips I have not tasted for so so long. 

Just when I started to got a little more immersed, Yoona woke me up to reality.

"Donghae, where are you? Why is it so dark? Turn on the lights please..."

I panicked. Jessica doesn't know her. She can't know her now. Not yet. But it could be a factor to drive her away from me.... so that she'll be safe. 

I hated that thought but I sensed truth in it. Yoona walked into my office and switched on the lights and she saw Jessica. Yoona's face flashed confusion while Sica's face flashed awkwardness.

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV

The awkward silence between them was truly like a pin-drop silence. Not until a bullet crashed through the glass and almost hit Jessica's arm by a few inches. Reflexly, the three of them ducked down. Yoona screamed in shock and terror. What happens next is something so unimaginable to them especially to Jessica because the one she trusted back stabbed her... in the face.