Setbacks

Mr & Mrs Lee

Jessica woke up to find the other side of the bed was empty. She looked to her sides and saw no sign of her husband. Jessica, feeling lazy to take a bath, quickly put on her trousers and wore Donghae's shirt that was lying on the floor. She blushed thinking of last night. 

"I'm not that tired yet you know.." Donghae said, leaning against the door frame. 

"Tsskk..."Jessica chuckled. 

"I'm hungry... make me breakfast please.." Donghae said, rubbing his stomach. 

"Make your own.." Jessica said, walking past by him. 

Donghae followed behind her, then he thought of something. Actually, he has been thinking about it for a while though. Just that he didn't get a chance to ask because they practically just stayed in bed the whole day... really!

"Have you ever cook? The meals you made for me.... did you cook it?" He asked. 

Jessica turned around to face him, "Nope! I told my secretary to order it."

"Aaahh..." Donghae raised his eyebrow. 

As they were about to think what to eat for the breakfast, Donghae's phone rang. Jessica looked at him and Donghae looked at the caller ID and saw that the caller was Nathan. 

"Make your move. It's all clear." The man over the phone said. 

"Yeah thanks. Oh! And Nathan, order some pancakes for two."

"Yeah... whatever.." He said. 

"Thanks buddy," Donghae replied.

Jessica raised her left eyebrow. Her arms wrapped around her body. 

"We gotta pack. Gotta move. Nathan will guard us from behind..." Donghae said. 

He walked to the bedroom. Jessica followed behind him. Donghae packed his clothes and looked at Jessica, signalling her to do the same. Jessica took out a bag fom the cupboard and packed some of Donghae's clothes. 

"We'll go to a store and buy your clothes and other needs. I'm not sure if Pudolvkin and your boss will tail us..." Donghae said, while getting his guns and devices. 

"Can't tell what's the situation right now... but," Donghae refilled his guns with bullets and turned around to face Jessica, "I have your back," he winked at Jessica. 

Jessica stood up and walked towards Donghae. She hugged him, which took him by quite a surprise, "Let's go and get hem... together.."

Donghae chuckled, "Together... okay. So we're partners huh..."

Jessica pulled away and continued packing, "Hello partner. I believe I can call you Mr Lee.." 

Donghae chuckled again, "Well hello to you too, Mrs Lee.."

 

Soon they finished packing. But there's one tiny bitsy problem: No cars. Donghae looked around and saw a black SUV. He looked at Jessica. Jessica nodded. Both of them walked towards the car and put their bags down and took out some clips or something. Jessica tried to steal the car while Donghae guarded the surrounding. 

When she finally succeed, they got in the car and drove away to the nearest department store. In the department store, Jessica bought some clothes and necessary stuff for the both of them. Meanwhile, Donghae went and bought two bottle of Vodka. He was about to walk to the cahier went he decided to buy two more. He walked to the counter and stood in line. Jessica came shortly and handed Donghae the clothes. They both were waiting in line when Donghae saw someone in black suit talking on the phone and constantly stealing glances at them. He looked further to the left and saw a man wearing the same uniform, looking at them. When Donghae looked at him, he quickly looked away. Jessica noticed this and looked at the direction that Donghae did. She saw the same thing and grabbed Donghae's arm. Her other hand reached for her back and she slipped her hand into the back pocket, gripping a small dagger. 

Donghae grabbed his phone and texted Nathan. 

They're here. Ten minutes... You know what to do...

'Ten minutes... You know what to do...' means that if both Jessica and Donghae didn't walk out of the store in 10 minutes, then Nathan and his team would attack. 

Nathan and his team were in a black van, just a few metres away from the store. Nathan put on his bulletproof vest and locked his gun. He closed his eyes and prayed to God. After praying, he looked at his team. 

"I went through hell to get you guys on the field," He said to his team, "Don't you dare mess up anything..!"

His team nodded and on standby. Five minutes have passed and no sign of Donghae. Nathan looked at his watch to the streets. No sign of them. He waited, while counting down the clock. 

 

8 Minutes have passed. No sign of them. Nathan tightened his grip on his gun. 

 

 

Donghae paid the stuff and walked out of the store. He was about to walk to his SUV when a bullet through  the car window. Donghae put his arms around Jessica's waist and ducked down as the glass shattered to the ground. He put his index finger on his left ear and pressed it, "Now!" He shouted. 

Nathan heard the emergency cue to the hearing device in his ear and nodded to his team. They burst out from the van and got a good grip of the ground. Suddenly, a group of black-suited guys came out of nowhere. Jessica saw this and muttered, "Hunts...!"

Donghae heard this and immediately understood. Ian Hunts is here. The people around screamed in fear and panic. Mothers grabbed their children and babies quickly ran away from the scene, fearing their children's safety. Jessica's hand trembled on the shattered glass. She saw some bloodstain on the glass pieces and she immediately knew it was hers. Donghae peered through the car, trying to find a safe place before running away. This is not a safe place to finish the 'game'. Innocent people might be killed and he had enough of it. He won't let things happen twice. Not anymore. 

When Donghae found a clean exit, he grabbed Jessica's waist and ran with her. While running, Donghae took out his gun just in case if anyone pops out infront of them so he can just shoot the hell out of that person. 

 

After running for what felt like thousands of miles, they halted to a stop. Both Donghae and Jessica wre panting, trying to catch their breaths.  Donghae sat down on the roadside, wiping the sweat off his face. Jessica bent down, holding her knees, panting. Drips of sweat from her face fell to the ground. 

"Where.... to.... now....." Jessica said, in between her breath. 

Donghae gulped and breathed out loudly, "Hunts will hunt you down till your grave, we have Pudolvkin in hand so... back to the HQ..." he said. 

Donghae stood up and halted a cab and hopped on with Jessica. He told the driver to drop them off at a street which is near the NIS HQ. 

 

 

They arrived and Jessica waited for him. She stood near a window and in front of her is a sea of agents doing desk works. These agents are either probies or their badges are suspended for quite sometime due to their carelesness or something troubling when doing field work (mission). Jessica felt glares from the agents and she put on her best pokerface and ignore them. After all, they do not know me. 

 

Meanwhile, Donghae went straight to the director's office. He walked into his room without even knocking to which the director didn't even feel surprise at all because this is not the first time. In fact it is the thousandth time. 

"I need a back-up. Taking down Hunts and his team alone is no good." Donghae said. 

"Then leave her!" The director said firmly. He was sitting on his chair at his desk. 

"Stop it!" Donghae said. 

"I won't hurt her, that I promise you if you leave her...!"

"Two is enough and now I have one more..." Donghae said while sitting on the couch in the director's room. His hands cupped his face. 

"Leave her.... and she'll be alive or.... you have to put three bullets in her chest..!!" 

Donghae looked up to the director, his face sterned. 

"I have worked for you..... completing the missions you ordered me to.... sometimes I cleaned your dirty works.... but I make believe that I'm doing this for my country... Spies get rewarded with badges, honours and medals. I do not wish, or need or want any of those. All I'm asking for a reward is that you let me stay with my wife and leave us alone!" He said while walking towards the director's desk. 

"If you want her dead then stay with her..!" the director warned him. 

"What do you want from me!!!" Donghae said while hitting the desk quite hard with his right hand. His veins on his neck are quite visibly seen. His face red. 

 

 

Meanwhile, Jessica is still downstairs, waiting for Donghae when she saw Nathan and his team walked in but she saw no Ian Hunts. 

"I believe you're Nathan." Jessica said. 

Nathan walked towards Jessica and said, "We lost him."

Jessica frowned. Nathan looked to his upper right, looking at the director's office door. 

"I warn you... that if you want to have a happy life without you or Donghae suffering in it, then walk away," Nathan said. 

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. Isn't he suppose to be helping me and Donghae?

"That is what the director will say to Donghae."

Jessica nodded. She looked at the floor. Why....? Just when Jessica thought everything will fall to its right place, suddenly something happen, shaking the walls of the safe place she trusted the most. Just when she thought she would have a happy ending with her husband, another disaster say hello. When will everything fall to its right place and leave them all alone..?