Too Easy

Mr & Mrs Lee

Donghae sat back on the chair at his desk. He closed his eyes and flashes of his past stormed in his mind. He shook his head. After a few more attempts trying to sleep, he gave up. He looked at his watch and the time was 8.30 pm. He sat thinking of something for a while, then he stood up and drove his car to the therapist. Along the way, he remembered that he was suppose to be dead. He turned around and headed back to the NIS headquarters, but he felt sick of that black and grey steel building so he stopped his car by the roadside and rested for a while. After a few minutes, he opened his eyes then he started to drive again, this time to a familiar place, a place where he most longed to be right now. A place where he can put his heart to rest. A place called home. 

 

Donghae is now in front of his house. His house with Jessica. The house where everything started, from their first night to the night where that son of a b**** ruined it all. He realized that Jessica had fixed the damage it looked simpler than before. Nothing too fancy and yet not too simple. Donghae got out of the car and leaned against the door. He suddenly chuckled after putting his hands in his pockets. He remembered when they went to buy curtains for the house. It took them 4 hours to satisfy Jessica's taste. Even things that are not so important, like plate ware and utensils, took them a couple of hours. He ducked his head down while smiling. He remembered all those memories that filled the house, those sweet memories. Although the last time they had 'fun' was on their second anniversary but those sweet and innocent moments could never be forgotten. Donghae didn't know how she did what she did but even until today, he is amazed by the fact that he still adore and love her despite the women that bared of their skin in front of him just to ride on him. 

 

Then, Donghae decided to enter. He could be as quiet as a mouse and he could walk like a cat, never to make noise with each step and things he did. He managed to enter the bedroom without waking his wife up. The master bedroom's door was opened so he leaned against the door frame. He watched Jessica sleep, but her face flashed worries and tiredness, not to mention loneliness. Am I the cause of this? 

He kept looking at her sleep until he felt sleepy too. He knew if he gets any closer, she would awake. Watching her, he finally realized that those sleepless nights, worried feelings and restless days are all because of he longed for her. For her warmth and love. Nothing but her. Just her and her only. 

I miss you... 

With that, he left the house. 


NIS HQ

Lee Donghae geared up his bulletproof vest. He looked over his right shoulder, he saw Lee Jong Suk, Lee Sungmin and some other agents gearing up their guns and weapons. Today, they are going to bust Alexander Pudolvkin once and for all. He let out a smirk and checked his shotgun. His long-time friend, Ryeowook, tested his infamous dagger. For him, no dagger, no action. 

Seeing this, Donghae chuckled. What an old-fashioned way... So to say the self-claimed best agent.

Lee Min Ho walked to them, and stood there for a second. He looked at each and everyone of them. He gave a small nod and beckoned all of them to come closer.

"Our mission is to take down Alexander Pudolvkin. And we all know this is never will be easy, there will be people not coming home. There will be people getting hurt. So, those who wish to step down now, please do so. Until the count of 3."

No one stepped back. Lee Min Ho nodded. "Alright then, let's get going."

 

 

 

 

They arrived at Pudolvkin's hideout. It was a rooftop house, somewhere in the middle of Gwangju-do.  The team surrounded the building. They were separated into 5 teams, with 4 people in each. Lee Min Ho lead the team that surrounded around the East side, whereas Ryeowook and his team monitored from flying helicopter in the air. Lee Donghae and his team surrounded the West side and Lee Jongsuk surrounded the North side. 

 

Lee Minho scanned the area, checking if there is something off, something that looks not in place. He then signalled his team to march forward and barged in. He also signalled the other teams. Ryeowook and his teams were on stanby. Ryeowook had his M16 in check, only waiting to be fired at. 

 

 

After they barged in, they scanned the place. No sign of Alexander Pudolvkin. Lee Min Ho felt frustrated. Then suddenly, Ryeowook's voice screamed in his earpiece device (I do not know what it is called. You know that thing that you put in your ear and you can hear someone talking over it.)

"Outside! NOW!" He ordered.

 

They ran outside. There the son of a b****! Donghae ran after him. Jongsuk tried to get an aim but Pudolvkin was moving too fast. Sungmin ambushed him by suddenly running up North to him, making him to fall down. Donghae caught him and gave a 'well down kiddo' smile to him. Sungmin replied with a smirk and forced Pudolvkin to stand up violently. 

 

"Too easy... just too easy..." Ryeowook said. 

 

"Lee Min Ho heard this over his earpiece. He had to agree with Ryeowook. It was too easy; they captured one of the world's most wanted terrorist in just like a blink of an eye. Too easy... What's the catch this time, Pudolvkin?!


AT A THERAPIST CLINIC

Jessica sat back on the black leathered chair and sighed. Her head was spinning like a spinning fan. 

"Did you try to talk to your friends, families..?" her therapist asked.

"No..., don't bother.."

"You have to try to.." 

Jessica sighed and rolled her eyes. She took her handbag and stood up, "I'm going home."

"You seem colder than before," the therapist judged.

Without turning back, Jessica just kept walking, step by step. And that is how she'll live her life from now on. Step by steps, moving on. Even if those steps are baby steps. 

 

 

Jessica is now in the office of her agency headquarters. She wore a neat working attire, her hair loose reached her shoulder. She had a light make-up on her face— lip gloss and a light blusher. She sat across her director, Mr Ian Hunts. Mr Hunts was thinking something in his mind, something very serious. He looked in Jessica's eyes, searching for any sign of dismay and unwillingness but all that he saw was determination..... and probably something else. 

"You sure 'bout this?" he said in his Texan accent.

"No doubt sir."

Mr Hunts sighed. He stood up from his chair and ed his coat. He let out another sigh and rested his left hand on his left hip. Jessica sat there motionless. 

"You're lucky we're not CIA..." he said.

"But we also have rules, Miss Jung."

It's Mrs Lee... but never mind. I'm moving on. I have to stay strong.

Jessica pushed a white envelope that was on his desk a little further opposite. "This is my resignation letter. I will be responsible of the consequences. It's just, I hope that you would leave me alone..." Jessica stood up and faced him, "because I owe a nothing!" She raised her voice a little higher on the word 'nothing'. 

 

Jessica walked to the door and she was about to twist the door knob to open the door and leave when Ian Hunts warned her,  "You are so gonna regret on this one Jess."

Jessica turned around and shot him a glare. She twisted the knob and walked out. Ian Hunts sighed and cursed under his breath. He tapped his index finger on his desk. After a few seconds, he dialed a number.

"Hunts. She retired. Hunt her! NOW!"

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry!! Sorry! Sorry! *bows hundreds times* I know I haven't update for like a millennium. I hope you enjoy this chapter. :D