Next Phase

Mr & Mrs Lee

JESSICA'S POV

I held the key and the paper in my hand and brought it close to my chest. Can I trust him..? He left me... again.. 

I looked out to the street, there were nobody except me. The cold night air blew through me, through the trees, through my hair; rustling of leaves could be heard. I thought, when I saw him in the dark, just a few hours ago, everything would be fine. All those questions running through my mind would be answered. He and I, we would be together again. We would open up our hearts to each other. Maybe even go back to where it started. 

 

Unwillingly, tears streamed down my cheeks. I hated the feeling of crying over a person who left me all alone. I hated the feeling of sadness because my whole life of childhood, all I can remember is sadness, pain and lost. Until I met him, I met happiness. I knew one day, someone would snatch that happiness away from me but I never ever, ever, ever expected that the person is him. Tell me you need me. Tell me you love me. Tell me you want me... 'cause I still love you, I still need you and I still want you. I just never know how to express it in words. 

 

I brought both of my hands to my chest and patted my chest softly. I closed my eyes and told my mind repeatedly that everything will be okay. I took a deep breath and put my best pokerface. Then I looked at the paper he gave me. On the paper, these words are written:

145, XCVOOX, Incheon

 

'XCVOOX'. It's a code. I have to figure it out. I reached for my pocket when I realized I didn't drive a car to his office. Ugghhh... My heart raged. 

"At least drive me home..!" I stomped my feet on the ground.

I walked down the cold, silent, empty road by myself. Soon, winter will come. I just hope that this year's winter won't be the coldest winter she has to go through. I heard sounds of vehicles. I walked a little faster to the junction ahead and saw a bus. I waited at the bus stop and hoped on. I told the driver to drop me off at the Seoul train station. Clothes? I could care less about them right now!

 

 

 

DONGHAE'S POV

I recalled what happened last night. I closed my eyes and my mind flashed memories of last night like a movie.

 

I leaned closer to her. I noticed a small scar on her left upper cheek, near her bottom eyelid. It looked new, maybe due to the fight with Hana. Her eyes widened in shock when I kept leaning closer towards her. I felt her breath on my skin. It was warm and it felt like home. She closed her eyes, slightly open. My mind was going crazy. For a moment, I truly felt like the world had stop spinning around and the whole universe were watching us. My heart yearned for her thin rosy lips but my mind screamed of danger. 

Jessica was still closing her eyes. I looked slightly over her left shoulder. I saw a figure standing a few hundred meters away from us. I couldn't really make out his face because something was covering his face. But I didn't need to see his face to know who he is. I stared at the figure and I felt him staring at me as well. Then I looked at Jessica again. I knew this wasn't the right time.  

Then she opened her eyes. I bent down to her height, and said that this is still ain't right. I gave her a key and a piece of paper and told her to go to the safe house. I left her there because I know that bastard won't hurt her yet.... He still wants to play the game. 

 

The truth was, that damn bastard ruined it all. I could've kissed her that night and swooned hear i my arms and assured my love to her. That night, I could've make her all mine again. Only mine. This morning, I could've wake up next to her, right in my arms. This morning, I could've enjoyed a cup of coffee with her. But all that  seemed so far away now. I knew, after that night, my chance on winning her back is very grim. Very thin. All that I could do now is to protect her and pray that she will still open her heart to me. 

 

Suddenly, my phone rang. I took it and looked at the caller ID. I answered the call, "It's me."

"She has arrived," the man over the phone said. 

I nodded and hung up. I got off from bed and went to get ready. At least I have to look good in front of my wife.

 

-------

 

 

 

"Yeobo...." Jong Suk called for his wife as he walked down the stairs.

Se Young looked over her shoulder as she stirred the food in the frying pan. She smiled as she saw Jong Suk tried to fix the bow. Se Young turned the heat off as the food was ready. She walked towards Jong Suk and helped him to fix the bow. 

"Tell me again why do I need to wear this?" Jong Suk asked, never averting his gaze from his wife.

"Because my dad will like you even more if you wear smartly like this..." Se Yound said, fixing his nicely worn suit. 

"I think it's just enough..." Jong Suk pointed his index finger to Se Young's chest and pushed her lightly.

"That you love me as I am......" Se Young's back hit the refrigerator door lightly. Jong Suk put his hands on either sides of her body.

He leaned to her ears and whispered, "Don't you think so, babe?" Se Young giggled lightly. She lightly smacked Jong Suk's chest and pried off. 

Jong Suk watched her wife set up the table. He smiled to how beautiful she is... even when she was doing this simple and common things. 

"Never leave me again," Jong Suk said out of the blue. 

Upon hearing this, Se Young turned around and faced her husband. 

"Never leave me again.." He said again, this time his voice tender as ever. 

Se Young walked closer to Jong Suk and wrapped her arms around his neck. She leaned closer so that their foreheads pressed against each other. 

"I pray to God every day and night that I will be with you, for the rest of my life..."

That was all he needed to hear to reassure his position in her heart. He leaned in for  a kiss but Se Young pulled away. Jong Suk looked at her. His eyes searching for hers. 

Se Young smiled, surprising him with a quick peck on his lips and she was about to head upstairs to get changed when she felt his arms s around her waist and pulled her closer. He crashed his lips on hers, begging for entrance which he didn't really need to. 

 

 

-------

 

 

Jessica walked towards the house, arms wrapped around her body. The wind was surprising cold. The wind blew through her hair making it danced lightly in the air. Jessica quickly put her hands on her head, preventing her hair to 'fly' off her head. 

"Cold huh..?" She looked up ahead and saw Donghae stood against the door frame, looking to his east. He was holding two cups in his hands. 

Jessica stopped walking and gazed at him. She watched him from head to toe. Is he waiting for me?

Donghae turned his head to his north and stared at Jessica. Slowly, he walked down the doorsteps and held out a cup towards her.

"Coffee..?" He simply asked. 

Jessica was about to held out her hand to take it when she had a second thought. Then, after a while, she shook her head. Donghae nodded and turned around and walked into the house. 

He turned around when he didn't hear any footsteps following behind him. He raised his right eyebrow, "Aren't you coming in?"

Jessica, never averting her gaze from him, walked into the house. Her arms still wrapped around her body. She stopped just a few inches in front of him. "You don't really need to protect me or whatsoever...?"

Donghae kept quiet, his face flashed blankness. "A safe house... really?" Jessica lifted her right hand and waved it around. 

"Just stay here for a while, until everything is settled and...." Jessica interrupted.

"You are my unfinished risky business." Donghae looked at her, his gaze now sharp. "Just stay okay..." 

"What makes you think that I will?" She asked. She put her hands behind her back. 

"Cause you don't really want Pudolvkin to get a clear red target on your back now, do you?" Donghae asked. 

Silent befall them. "You might wanna put that dagger away..." Donghae warned her. 

"Make me..." Jessica said. In her hands (that were behind her back) she gripped the handle of the dagger tighter. 

Donghae pulled out his gun and cleaned it with his handkerchief from his pocket, "Cause I have rules in this house." 

"Plus, I'm a spy, so are you. We both are going after the same guy. He put red targets on our backs. So we're even aren't we?" Donghae continued.

How dare he? He left me for years and then to come back again to leave me again; broken like shattered glass. Like a piece of crumbled paper. Jessica thought. 

She gripped the dagger tighter, then she threw it. The dagger hit the wall. "Next time, that will pierce through your head!" 

Jessica walked out of the house. Then she turned around, "Oh! And we are never even!"

Then, she kept walking towards the road. Donghae she would never look back. He needed to get her to stay in this house. This is the only safe place for her; for the time being. Donghae ran after her. He shouted for her to stop but Jessica put a deaf ear. Unwillingly, Donghae grabbed her hands tightly but somehow she managed to pried off. Jessica gazed at him with her cold stare that could turn any man into a stone.

He grabbed her hand again, only to be smack in the head by Jessica. Donghae looked at her and swooped her off the ground, her bridal style. Jessica was astonished at first then quickly snapped herself and kicked Donghae's jaw with her knees. 

Donghae simultaneously dropped her and groaned in pain. Then Jessica quickly ran away, finding her escape. Donghae chased after her, guessing th direction she took due to the road junction. 

While running, Donghae pulled his gun's trigger; just in case. For his safety. He was very much aware of his wife capabilities. Even though she's a woman, she has so much power and abilities. Her dagger/knife-throwing skills are not to be taken lightly off. He admitted that his heart skipped a beat just now, when she threw the dagger. It was sharp and fast. 

He glanced to his right and saw Jessica running, trying to find her way out of the woods they were running in now. Donghae took a shortcut nevertheless, he ran into some bushes. What's worse was that he accidentally shooted towards Jessica's direction. Jessica managed to dodged the bullet by only centimeters away from her face. 

Jessica was extremely shocked and flabbergasted. was wide agape, her eyes widened and almost bulged out of its core. 

Realizing this Donghae unarmed his gun and muttered, "Keep the guns up."

 

Jessica balled her empty hand into a fist. Her eyebrows furrowed due to the indescribable wrath inside her. It was boiling like mad. Donghae saw this. 

"Honey, I'm sorry. It was a mistake."

Jessica let out an inaudible chuckle, "Mistake huh...?" 

 

Jessica slowly walked closer towards Donghae. Never averting her icy cold gaze from him. Just when they were a few inches apart, Jessica attacked him with her kick and Donghae blocked it with his toned arms. He pulled her leg, causing her to almost fall down on her but when she supported herself with her hands. She tried to kick him with her another leg but failed. Donghae was way much stronger than she is. Of course, he is a man. But then didn't stop her to fight back. 

 

Donghae released his grip on her legs. "Let's settle this in a more subtle way." Donghae turned around so that his back was facing her. 

Jessica's respond was; and also taking advantage of the moment; she wrapped her arm around Donghae's neck and tightened her grip. She whispered in his ear, "This is the subtle way.... I guess," 

Donghae tried to breathe. He managed to find her weakness point and he flipped her over, causing her to fall flat on her back on the ground.  Donghae sighed. He put his hands on his hips. "Look! I am-" 

 

Donghae didn't even finish his sentence when Jessica stood up and ran the opposite side. Donghae sighed again. He chased her. 

 

 

Jessica aimed her gun. She was finding for Donghae through the pin-drop silence. She carefully placed her foot on the ground in each of her steps. Her eyes were sharp as eagles'. She was very into it that she responded to every single sound she heard with a glance towards its direction. 

 

Suddenly, she heard rustling of leaves. 

 

Jessica smiled. She knew all too well that the cause of that sound was not due to wind. 

 

 

It was due to Donghae's carelessness. 

 

She turned towards the direction of the sound and shooted. 

 

Donghae bowed himself to dodge the bullet. He quickly ran to hid behind a tree. He counted until three. Then he popped himself out and shooted towards Jessica. 

 

 

The 'shooting session' went on for a few minutes when Jessica, who was hiding behind a tree, said, "Are you still alright, babe?" 

 

"Yup!" She heard a reply.

 

Then Jessica came out from her hiding place. Her eyes searching for the one man. Her eyeballs moved from left to right then to left again then to right. Suddenly she stopped moving. She closed her eyes and let out an inaudible sigh. 

She turned around with her gun straight pointing and saw Donghae standing right in front of her with his gun straight pointing towards her. 

 

They both stayed like that for a few seconds. 

 

"Just do it!" Jessica said, gritting her teeth. Her words came out through it. 

Donghae kept quiet. Uncertainties flashed in his eyes. 

"God damn it! Just do it..!!!" 

Donghae slowly lowered his gun. "I can't do this. Not anymore."

Jessica was still holding her gun firmly in her hands, pointing towards her husband. 

 

She cursed under her breath and groaned. 

 

Then she lowered her gun.... and turned around. 

 

Only to be block by Donghae's arms which cause Jessica to simultaneously turned around. He crashed his lips on hers. Jessica tried to fight back but the force he exerted was way too strong. 

 

It was a rough kiss. Donghae the bottom of her lips, begging for entrance. But Jessica fought back. She tried pushing him away, then only to be pushed closer towards Donghae with his arms s around her waist. 

 

Donghae pushed her against the bark of the tree. It was painful due to the amount of force he exerted. Donghae broke the kiss, his eyes softened. Then turned into lustful ones. Jessica looked at him. She tried to find truth and... and .... something in his eyes that could make her stay. 

 

Then, right there, she saw it. She didn't what was it- sorry, faithfulness, care, - she didn't  know but she saw it. 

Then Donghae kissed her again, this time soft and slow and full of passion and love. Jessica responded to the kiss, allowing him to enter in . Donghae slipped his tongue inside your mouth, finding yours. Rather than fighting, he entangled his tongue with yours. The kiss got deeper and soon he realized that Jessica and him were out of breath. So he pulled away and hugged her closer. Jessica sighed in his chest. She listened to his heartbeat. How long has it been from the last time she heard this soothing lullaby? 

"I'm sorry.." Donghae broke the silence. 

Jessica circled her arms around his waist, "I miss you." 

He let go of the hug and cupped his wife's face while looking at her in the eyes, "I think about you all day. I feel so mad because I miss you so much...-" Jessica cut him off with her kiss which he responded immediately. 

 

 

Feeling the heat building up, Donghae kissed her neck up to her ears, nibbling it. He whispered words of love. Words that were never spoken but engraved in his heart... deep in his heart. Jessica moaned. Donghae felt hardened. 

 

He lifted her thighs so that they were wrapping around her waist. He ped her pants and kissed her ever so gently but equally hot and full of passionate love. Jessica helped him to his pants. Soon, he was ing inside her. The silent woods turned into a lustful,filled with pleasured moans and passionate love feeling situation. These two human beings, met through love, married by love, separated by love and reunited again by love. How could anyone separate them now. Unless if God forbids...... Unless if fate wrath against them..... unless death befall them.....

 

Donghae leaned closer to her ears, "Till death do us part."

Jessica smiled upon hearing this. "Aaahhh.. Donghae.... Right there.... please..." Jessica moaned. 

 

To both of them, that night, that feeling, that heat of passion of love, it couldn't be any better. This for them, is surely the next phase into something good, something satisfying and something that is full of happiness. 


A/N: God! So far, I love this chapter the most. Couldn't say anything else : LOVE!  :D XOXO Off to sleep. Good night and sweet dreams. :D