Met You After 8 Years

Mr & Mrs Lee

SOMEWHERE ON EARTH

"Dude, are you going to hide like this forever..?" Nathan asked.

Yup!" Donghae answered.

"Look, at least let her know you're still alive. She still your wife for God sake! Are you crazy!?"

"Hey! You know nothing!" with that Donghae ended the call. 

Yes, his friend knew nothing. If he stays by Jessica's side, he'll lose her. It's enough that he had lost his parents, he prayed to God everyday to keep her alive, that if they both have to hurt this way, he will willingly let her go. He willingly let her find another man, as there's a saying goes, fish in a pond, there are a lot more in sea. Donghae walked along the streets. He put his hands in his pockets and walked on. His mind filled with thousands things. Her smiles, his pain, his days....

Donghae walked into his house, and headed to the kitchen, took out a carton of orange juice and drank a gulp. He closed the fridge and walked upstairs to his room. He opened a red leather book with words written. He flipped through the pages and stopped at a blank page, without any words, no nothing but a picture. A picture of a man he was hunting and still is. A man, if he gets close to his wife, he'll lose her. Alexander Pudolvkin.

He pinned the picture to his wall, and beside it, maps, information, articles were pinned against the wall as well. Donghae is obviously hunting the man down. Even if he has to die, then so be it. Anyone that wants to harm his family, then they have to cross over his dead body first!

 

NIS

"Find Lee Donghae and bring him back here, by any means," Lee Minho said to his staff. 

He has to get Lee Donghae back to Korea and execute the most important mission. He need his best spies in the field. 

"Any progress?" His brother Jong Suk asked him. 

"Nope!" He answered shortly. 

The two brothers kept looking at the screen, trying to locate two person, Lee Donghae and Alexander Pudolvkin. Unknown to them, there are other people also who want to kill the Russian terrorist.

After hours of research and interrogation, the two brothers spent tim at the cafe nearby.

"How's your woman?" Minho began the converstaion.

"She's fine. Aren't you gonna find one?" Jongsuk replied.

Minho gave a chuckle and sipped his coffee. Later, Nathan came up to them and told them something, very surprising.

"I know where's Lee Donghae." Nathan said, determination in his eyes.

"Where is he?" Minho asked.

"Cuba," Nathan said.

"Why on Earth is he there?" Jong Suk asked.

The question is yet to be conceal. But the question to that question is, how? 

 

Seoul District Law Firm

"How can you justify that the victim is guilty? Do you have any solid proof. I think His Honour agree that such pictures only carry assumptions, not solid proof or truth." Park Se Young debated in court, or should I say Lee Se Young.

"Your Honour, may I approach the victim?" The defender's lawyer asked. 

"You may."

"Tell me, where are you at the crime scene and who can approve that?" 

"I was in my house and my sister could approve it."

"How old is your sister?"

"Five."

"Your Honour, his sister can't be a witness. She is too young," the lawyer said.

"I pledge the victim as guilty."

"I object, Your Honour." Se Young fired back. 

The two lawyers stared eye to eye for a while. Se Young knew in her heart that her client is innocent. 

The judge called the it off and the next court would be next week. Se Young packed her files and her client is brought to jail by officers. She sighed. These past few weeks were one of her toughest case. She walked out of the court. Suddenly, Se Young felt a little light-headed. She immediately headed to the restroom and washed her face. She stared in the mirror and something snapped in her mind. 

"What date is today?" She took out her phone and looked at the calendar. After seeing today's date, she brought the phone to her chest. Her face in shock.

"Three months late... Could it be...?" Se Young looked at herself in the mirror, disbelief. 


Se Young was holding the pregnancy test when she came out of the restroom. She bought it after she discovered that she was three months late. She was hoping for nothing in particular. If it's positive then she's happy but if it's negative... then what would she do? 

Se Young drew out her breath and closed her eyes. She held up the pregnancy test, and opened her left eye slowly. Then her right eye. She was shocked but then she smiled. "I'm pregnant...! I'm pregnant!" Se Young smiled. 

She checked the pregnancy test box again, there! It says that the device is 99.9% accurate! It has to be right, no it MUST be right!! Se Young jumped in joy. 

"I think this is how wives feel when they are pregnant," she said in her heart while smiling from ear to ear. 

She touched her belly and prayed for the baby to be safe.

"애 기 야… (baby) grow healthily. Mommy is here."

 

Cuba

Nathan had a worried look on his face. Jong Suk looked at him weirdly. 

"Dude, it's not like he's gonna kill ya."

"Chill out," Sungmin said, while he was sitting on the sofa. 

They are now in Donghae's house in Cuba. Nathan walked back and forth, anxiety eats him up slowly. 

"He is going to beat me up, then did his famous kick and punch then I'll beat him to his bones and the fight will never end!" Nathan talked rubbish. It's his habit if he is anxious. Hey, spy gets anxious also okay!

Donghae came in the door and saw NIS team in his living room. He knew better not to run but to just stay there. Especially when there is Lee Min Ho. Although he doesn't kick much anymore now, no one, NO ONE should underestimate his ability. 

(I'll cut it short because I don't think it's necessary for Donghae to fight them when they all are hunting the same man)

The team with Donghae hopped on the helicopter and flew back to Korea.

"You have an extra thing to settle," Nathan said to Donghae.

Donghae understood what he meant. He needs to make things clear with Jessica. 


Donghae stayed at the NIS office for the meantime, after he figured out how to face his wife. He walked out to a bar nearby. He ordered a glass of cold water and the orchestra was playing a lovely ballroom song. 

"In a bar and you're drinking plain water?" A woman came up to him.

"Yoona!" Donghae said in shock, no he was flabbergasted. 

Yoona took a seat beside him and ordered a glass of white champagne. 

"How long has it been, Donghae? Six years? Seven?"

"Huh..." Donghae chuckled.

"You don't remember do you?" Yoona guessed, "That's so you Lee Dong Hae. Or should I call you fishy..?"

They both laughed. 

"So how are things?" Donghae asked.

"How are things? When, now or after we got divorced?" Yoona asked.

Yoona.." Donghae said.

"Never mind," she put her hand out and shook it, like she was bidding hello, "It was eight years ago. You were merely a 21 years old man and I was what... 18?"

Donghae nodded, his head down, "I'm sorry," he said, looking at Yoona. 

Yoona just smile, it was a bitter smile, Donghae could recognized. He screwed up. 

"Puppy love don't last, do they?"