Chapter 9: Mr. Taxi

S.P.I.E.S.

 

“Hahahaha! Surprised? Hahahahaha!”

“Since when were you a pilot?!” asked Hongki.

“A year after my debut! Hahaha! Now, get in so that we could get going!”

Everyone then boarded the jet and K.Will started the jet’s engines. Moments later, they were now speeding above Central Asia.

“I wonder how Team GodSpeed is doing. I hope they’re okay.” says Suzy.

“They’re our agency’s pride and joy! Of course they’re okay!” says JB.

“Sure but, being captured by the enemy, isn’t that kind of demoralizing for them knowing that they’re the No. 1 team?” says Ailee.

“Well guys, that’s why we’re on this jet! We’re here to save them! Let’s make this mission successful!” shouts their leader to which everyone shouts “YEAH!”

“Everyone, this is your pilot speaking. We would be above Turkish airspace in a minute. Then, a little later, we would be arriving in Sicily, Italy.”

“Omo! We’re already above Turkey?! This jet is ridiculously fast!” exclaimed IU.

“Well, you gotta give credit to our agency! Hahaha!” says Hongki.

Like what K.Will said earlier, they finally arrived in Sicily. They landed on a private runway which apparently belongs to their agency.

“Well, good luck guys! I hope you find a lead to where they’re keeping Team GodSpeed!” shouts K.Will as he boards the jet again.

“Yah! Oppa! You’re leaving already?!” shouts Ailee.

“Ne! I have another team to ! Annyeong!”

The team is then escorted by an agent who was wearing some shades. But, as Suzy and JB looked at him, he seems familiar to them.

“Yah, ahjeossi, you’re not they guys that we’re thinking of, right?” asked JB.

“Oh, why ask dong-saeng?” asked Gikwang.

“Well, he seems very much familiar. Like someone very famous...”

The agent then stops walking (he was in front of them) and says: “Don’t worry, I’ll be introducing myself inside the base. Please hurry inside.”

The team then quietly follows the agent inside the base.

Once the doors were close and they were inside, the agent turns around and introduces himself.

“Annyeong Haseyo modeun! Kim Dong Wan of Shinhwa here!”

“Omo! I thought so!” shouts Suzy.

“Oppa,  how come you’re assigned here in Italy?” asks IU.

“Well, Shinhwa’s not up to something so, since I have a lot of free time, the agency decided to base me here as head of the European Sector. We’re currently monitoring the activities of the Mafia here. It seems so that they’ve been near ports recently and more frequently. We have tried sending teams to where the Mafia go after going to the ports but, all teams have failed to do so.”

“Why’s that?”asked Gikwang.

“Well, apparently, whenever and wherever they’re going back to, they all ride in the same vehicles and, get this, the vehicles they ride all have the same plate number! Now, this is where things get more mysterious! They drive straight into the interior of the island where it’s mostly mountains plus, they split up!”

“Well, the teams could then split up individually then!” says JB.

“Yes, that’s true but, since Team GodSpeed has been captured, the agency gave strict orders for what JB here said to not be considered as an option in following the Mafia. Last time, we sent a single team to follow just one of the vehicles and well, they were almost near the place where the Mafia are going but, they were seen by another of the Mafia’s vehicles which apparently drove to meet up with the vehicle that they were following. It was the closest to their base that we ever got to! Oh and we did some air surveillance multiple times already but, we haven’t found any kind of establishment or building that could serve as the Mafia’s base! So, one of the conclusions that we came up with is that their base is probably located underground. But, unless we find a path that leads underground or anything like that, we have nothing to support that conclusion. ”

“Then we’ll follow them to their base!” says Gikwang.

“I know you’ll be saying that so, we already prepared the perfect ride for you guys!”

“Jinja? Omo! I wish it’s just like that car which T.O.P. used back in Japan!” says IU.

“Even better!” exclaims Dong Wan.

Later...

“...  YOU EXPECT US TO FOLLOW THE MAFIA IN A TAXI?!” shouts Hongki.

“Yah! This isn’t just any kind of taxi! Its state of the art I’ll have you know!”

“Well show us that it is state of the art then!” says Ailee.

“It has all the necessary gadgets that spy cars have so don’t worry!”

“Are we even going to fit in there?” asks Suzy.

“Of course! Get inside then! Oh wait! Who’ll be driving?”

The team members all looked at one another and pointed at each other!

“Don’t tell me none of you knows how to drive!”

“... Well... I do... actually...” Ailee’s revelation surprised everyone!

“Eonnie, you can drive?” asked Suzy.

“Ne, I got my driver’s license back in America so... yeah...”

“Omo! At least our team has a driver now! Hahaha! Let’s go then!” says Hongki.

“Good! Night is fast approaching so, this will be a perfect opportunity to wait for the Mafia to come into the ports. Here, this is the port you’ll have to go to. Good luck and I’ll be in contact with you guys throughout the mission.  Time to move now!”

It was around 8:30PM when they started moving towards the port that Dong Wan said. Around 9:05PM, they arrived at the port which was free of people but, there was a lot of cargo around.

“... Ah! Aigoo! The space inside that taxi is unbelievably small! My back hurt the entire time!” shouted JB as he staggered out of the taxi!

“Well, at least Ailee-ssi’s driving was okay.” says IU.

“Ehehehe... gomawo.”

“Okay guys, be on alert now. Let’s split up and check the area. If you see anything contact me and we’ll be all going to that area. Move out guys.” Gikwang and the others all split up and went to different directions.  With a gun in hand each of them carefully surveyed the area for the Mafia. It was not unil a few minutes later that one of them contacted Gikwang about a black van he saw. And that someone was JB.

“Okay, we’re on our way there JB. Continue what you’re doing.” says Gikwang through his ear communicator.

“Araseo.”

The other members slowly made their way to where JB was until they all met up again.

“So, where are they?” asked IU.

“There, but, ever since it arrived no one has come out yet.”

“Let’s wait then.” says Suzy.

A few minutes later, 2 more black vans appeared followed by 3 more.

“Omo, 5 more black vans have appeared Dong Wan.” says Gikwang.

“I see, are there anymore coming?”

“Negative, for now though.”

“Okay, continue monitoring them okay?”

“Araseo... oh! Wait!”

“What is it?!”

“They’re starting to come out of the vans now and are going towards the docks.”

“Are there any ships coming?”

“... Yeah! There are 2 small cargo ships approaching!”

“Okay! I’ve been told by JYP that one of you has to attach a GPS tracking device on one of those ships. We have to figure out where it’s coming from.”

“I’ll go!” says JB.

“Are you sure JB?” asked Hongki.

“Ne. I’ll sneak near one of those ships as silently as I could!”

“Okay, good luck then!” says Gikwang.

With that, JB leaves the group and silently approaches one of the ships. The ships dock and several men came out to meet the Mafia.

“Can we get a better view of those men?” asks Hongki.

IU then takes out the X Glasses from her pocket (there were also gadgets in their taxi) and activates it.

“Hmm, those men from the ships, they don’t seem Italian or European...”

“Jinja?” asked Ailee.

“Ne, they’re more like, Middle Eastern... or from North Africa... did you hear that Dong Wan?” says IU.

“Ne, I did. Could you please send us some pictures of those men?”

“Araseo.”

With a click of a small button on the right side of the glasses, IU begins taking pictures of the men whom she described as of Middle Eastern or North African origin. After taking those pictures, she sends them directly to Dong Wan.

At the base, Dong Wan tells the staff in his base to enlarge the pictures and zoom on it.

“Send this quickly to the main headquarters and have it cross referenced with Interpol’s most wanted list as well as the CIA’s wanted list.”

Back at the ports, the strange men began unloading boxes from the ships and the Mafia started loading them into their black vans.

Also, JB has successfully attached the small GPS tracking device on one of the ships without being seen and has returned to the group.

“Good work JB!” says Gikwang.

“Gomawo! So, what now?”

“Guys, omo...”

“What is it IU?” asked Suzy.

“I the X-Ray capability of these glasses to check what’s inside those boxes and, I saw weapons inside!”

“Weapons?! Like what?!” asked Dong Wan worriedly through his ear communicator.

“Rifles, standard guns, omo! Bazookas! Machine guns as well!”

“Mwoeyo?!”

“Wait! There’s a new batch of boxes!” exclaims Hongki.

“IU, what do you see?” asks Gikwang.

“Omo... they’re not guns anymore... but...”

“BUT WHAT?!”

“Explosives... materials for makeshift bombs, old fashion dynamites...”

“IU kept going until she had said all that she had seen.

“We thought they’ve been only taking in weapons but, bombs... this time, they really have to be followed. Team PassionateMind, please make sure to follow them to their base!” says Dong Wan.

“Got it! Guys, let’s prepare to move out once the Mafia moves!” says Gikwang.

“Wait, Dong Wan, how many of those GPS tracking device did you give to us?” asked Ailee.

“2 pieces and I know where this is going. We tried what you’re thinking once but, it somehow fell off when the Mafia were on the move towards their base or, it might have been removed so, didn’t try that again.”

“Let’s try it again this time. Well?” asked Ailee.

“Hmm... okay then but, be careful, okay?”

“Got it!”

“Noona, you’re the one who’s going?” asked JB.

“Ne!”

“Araseo but, this is different than with the ships so, let me come with you then.” Says JB.

“Yeah Eonnie, that’ll be better you know.” says Suzy.

“Araseo. Let’s go JB!” JB and Ailee quickly left to do what they have to do.

“Okay, after attaching that, go immediately to  the ta... our... our ride! Aigoo!” says Gikwang.

“Yah, why do you now want to say that it’s a taxi?!” asked Dong Wan.

“Because it feels weird to say, go immediately to the taxi!”

“Humph! Anyways, once the Mafia moves, follow them immediately!”

“Araseo!”

The others went back to their ride and continued monitoring the Mafia’s movements while JB and Ailee silently went near the nearest black van of the Mafia.

“Hmm, I don’t see any opening we could use to go near the vans...” says Ailee.

“Oh! Look! That leftmost van is beside a cargo container. Let’s go behind the container.” They quickly and silently went towards the container and fortunately, no one saw them. JB checked if there was someone inside the van and saw that no one was there so, Ailee, quickly attached the GPS tracking device beneath the left side of the van and made sure it would not fall off. Then, the hard part came. JB checked the path they used to go towards the van and saw that 2 Mafia members were there.

“What now?” asked JB.

“Let’s walk behind the trees then but we have to be silent at all costs.”

JB agreed and they started going towards the trees. Once they were behind the trees, they walked silently as they could while all the while looking at the two Mafia members near them until, Ailee accidentally stepped on a dry leaf! The sound was heard by one of the Mafia members!

“What was that?”

“Probably just an animal. Don’t worry about it.”

Ailee’s mouth was wide open but it was being covered by JB’s hand! When they saw that the 2 Mafia members were walking away, they sighed and JB let go of his hand.

“Mianhae...” says Ailee.

“Don’t worry. Let’s go.”

A few minutes later, they were able to get back to their taxi.

“So how’d it go?” asked Hongki.

“Good. I made sure that it won’t fall off.” answered Ailee.

“Guys! The Mafia has stopped loading! There are no more boxes! They’re starting to leave!” exclaims IU!

“Okay! Ailee Start the engines!”

“Got it!”

“Guys, keep a good distance away from them so that they won’t see you.” says Dong Wan.

“Sure thing! Hongki, activate the GPS tracker screen.” says Gikwang.

“Ne! ... Okay! It’s activated now! Which one here is for the van and for the ship?” asked Hongki.

“The left one is for the van, the right is for the ship. You may close the screen for the ship because we’re tracking it here as well.” answered Dong Wan.

“Araseo!... Okay! All the vans have left the area, the ships have started moving again!” says Hongki.

“Omo, they’re really heading towards the island’s interior!” says Suzy.

“Well, I do hope this ride’s got what it takes to drive on to that place!” says Gikwang.

“Don’t worry guys,  you’ll be surprised at what that little baby can do!”

After a few minutes, a good and safe distance was now in place between the Mafia who were now going back to their base in the interior of Sicily and Team PassionateMind who is following them.

“Okay guys! Let’s go!” With that, Ailee started the engines and started following their target as Hongki directs her where to go.

“Oh! This tracking screen is a touch screen! I’m tracing their path so we’ll have a map.” says Hongki.

“Great! All’s going well! Keep at it guys!” exclaims Dong Wan.

“Guys, buckle up! We’re entering the forest now!” says Ailee.

Everyone then wore their seatbelts on and braced themselves. The moment they entered the forest, the car bumped and bounced around and so was everyone inside!

“As if the cramped space of this taxi isn’t enough! We’re being tossed around like luggage!” shouts JB.

Back in the base, Dong Wan pouted his lips once he heard what JB said!

“Humph!”

“Oh! Yah! Everyone! The Mafia has stopped moving a little north from here! I guess, they’re unloading all the boxes they got!” shouts Hongki.

“Wait! Wouldn’t they be able to hear us coming then?!” says Suzy.

“Oh! This is where you guys will start appreciating that brilliant taxi! Gikwang, press that black button in front of you!” says Dong Wan.

“A-araseo!”He reluctantly pressed the button and then...

“O... omo! Nothing happened! WHAT THE HECK HYUNG!”

“You won’t notice it inside! But outside, sure! You see, once you press that button, the taxi’s engines are silenced! As if they’re muted! Really! Even if you stop and go outside! Hahaha!”

“Well, at least now we have the element of surprise on our side!” says Suzy.

“Hongki, where to now?” asked Ailee.

“Turn left and then proceed north. In ten minutes we should be arriving at where the Mafia are.”

Back again at the base, one of the staff approaches Dong Wan.

“Sir, we have finished doing wha you have asked us to do.”

“Jinja? And?”

“One of the men, the one seen here in this picture sent to us by IU is on Interpol and the CIA’s most wanted list and....”

“And what?!”

“He’s a member of Al Qaeda sir.”

“WHAT?!”