Chapter 21: Severely

S.P.I.E.S.

 

After some hours of waiting, the leaders of the Northern Mafia and the Yakuza have now arrived at the S.P.I.E.S. HQ. They were all brought to the Interrogation Room where the leader of the Southern Mafia was. Watching the entire proceeding was the Directors of the KCIA, NIS and NSS.

Although unwilling to talk at first, the leaders all confirmed to JYP that the leader of Al Qaeda has also worked with them.

“Who ordered all of the attacks to happen?”

“It is someone which the world knows.” says the Yakuza leader.

“Which the world knows?”

“Si. The answer’s right in your face.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Watched the news lately?”

“Well of course! I always watch the news! I...” JYP thought of something and leaves the room. He goes to where the Directors of the KCIA, NIS and NSS were.

“Sirs, I have a feeling that I now know who they’re talking about.”

“You do?!”

“Well, tell us then who it is you’re thinking!”

“The new Secretary-General of the United Nations.”

Something else reinforces JYP’s thoughts about the new Secretary-General being the one behind the recent worldwide attacks.

In the following days after he takes the post, Mr. Samuel Zhukov Chiu starts his duties and responsibilities. He vows that the U.N. will now be more aggressive than before. Starting with the civil war in Syria, he supports several resolutions that although may seem very much aggressive and dangerous, most of the General Assembly also supports him and those resolutions. When tensions in the Korean peninsula started rising, he begins making moves that seemed to disturb the balance of power in that region by taking sides and then changing sides as the days pass. Then, when some countries started having misunderstandings and disagreements, it seemed so that they just kept on getting worse and worse. The United Nations was increasingly becoming less effective in solving disputes.

JYP has already instructed the Head of the North American Sector, Psy, to station some spies around the Sec.-Gen. wherever he went.

“JYP, we really are not getting anything suspicious from him! No weird phone calls or emails or persons meeting up with him!” says Psy,

“Kurae? But still, keep an eye for him.”

“Understood.”

The next month, the entire world was in complete disarray!

Nations openly berated and argued with each other at the General Assembly! Some threw stuff at one another!  Fights even broke out!

Then, the day that nobody realized would come, finally came.

“We, the General Assembly, as representatives of all the Earth’s nations hereby submit to you, Secretary-General Chiu this resolution calling for the complete dissolution of the United Nations!”

“As this organization’s leader, I am saddened by this, truly I am. But, with the current condition of the world’s affairs, I see that this is the only way. I, Samuel Zhukov Chiu, the last Secretary-General of the United Nations hereby dissolves the United Nations effective immediately!”

The whole world is shocked by this event!

“For 68 years, the United Nations had tried to resolve countless disputes and troubles that plagued our planet after the Second World War. But, with the current world affairs in disarray, the United Nations has ceased to become an organization that is capable of solving disputes and achieve lasting peace for the entire world.”

The last Sec.-Gen. then leaves the General Assembly Hall along with the others, boards his car and disappears...

Upon hearing all of this, all the intelligence agencies in South Korea is then put back into Code Alpha Red once again. JYP calls all the teams to assemble in the Main Hall.

“Guys! It’s been a while!” says Gikwang.

“Yeah! It has been!” says IU.

“You know what guys, I’m really nervous.” says JB.

“I know what you mean.” says Ailee.

“It’s like something ominous is hanging above us!” says Hongki.

“And that’s probably why JYP gathered all of us here!” says Suzy.

JYP arrives inside the Main Hall and formally addresses everyone inside.

“Now that the United Nations has been dissolved, the United Nations would no longer be protecting the Demilitarized Zone which we share with North Korea. But, the U.S. troops will still remain. But, in event of another escalation of tensions, all of you would be assigned to different tasks and activities. Deputy Director Cho Yong Pil will be saying each team’s task. Team PassionateMind, I request that you all come to my office immediately.”

“Oh! Why does he want us?” asks Hongki.

Later...

“Thank you all for coming. We have received some bad news.”

“A BAD NEWS?!”

“Shush! No one knows this yet!”

“What’s it about?”

“The fate of the world...”

“...  MWO?!”

“We received this video message an hour ago. Watch.” JYP plays the video which was on the screen before them.

“...  Hello. This is Ayman al-Zawahiri, current leader of Al Qaeda speaking. I have been informed that my other colleagues, the two leaders of the Mafia and the leader of the Yakuza have now been captured by you Koreans. Now then, with the United Nations now gone, we’re free to terrorize the world! Hahaha! That silly organization was the only thing that was keeping the U.S. and its allies together! Since the glue has dried out and faded away, dissention shall now be prevalent among the Big 5 which is the U.S., the U.K., France, Russia and China! My master would take advantage of this fight between the great powers by launching, the THIRD WORLD WAR!”

Team PassionateMind was completely speechless! 0_0