Chapter 17: The Chaser

S.P.I.E.S.

 

At the UN Headquarters in New York City at the same time as JYP’s meeting with the President...

“Sir, we have just received a message from the S.P.I.E.S., the attached agency of the KCIA.”

“And what does it say?” asks the Secretary-General.

His secretary tells him the message that JYP just sent which was about the crisis.

“Sir, are you going to postpone your trip then?”

“No, I’m not. I think we’ve received worse threats than that don’t we?”

“But sir...”

“I am not cancelling the climate change conference in Manila. But, nevertheless, do increase the members of the security team going with us and inform Manila to do the same thing as well. Oh and, when’s our flight?”

“Yes sir. In an hour sir.”

Back at Seoul...

All the spy trams have started heading to their assigned places. Some blended in with the hustle and bustle of Gangnam, some teams were in charge of diving into the Han River, others were deployed to shopping places like Myeongdong, another batch into historical places like the Gyeongbokgung Palace, others near and into government offices.

Team PassionateMind were deployed at the Seoul Olympic Stadium along with Team BrightFlash. Both teams’ leaders, Gikwang and BoA agreed to split up to maximize their chances of finding the bombs. Gikwang’s team would take the western half of the stadium while BoA’s team will take the eastern half.

Gikwang ordered Hongki, Suzy & Ailee to search through the seats while he, IU & JB would be searching the inside portions of the stadium (that is the hallways, restrooms, offices, etc. inside).

While all the teams were busy searching the location of the bombs in Seoul, JYP was in his office when his secretary came rushing in.

“Sir! The samples or rather photos that we have requested from TeamShadowNinja from Japan have just come in! They have also successfully installed a tracking device on one of the ships that is allegedly from Al Qaeda!”

“Jinja?! Show me now!”

She leads him into the Situation room where a large and high tech world map was there.

“I see, so these men are from Al Qaeda.”

“Moreover on that sir, we crossed referenced them with the CIA, FBI and Interpol’s Most Wanted and Terrorists Lists and one of them, this one sir is on their lists!”

“Good job Team ShadowNinja!”

“We have also been able to trace the origins of the ships going to Italy and Japan. First, the ships going to Japan came from the coast of Somalia, right here, while those going to Italy came from Libya, somewhere here near Benghazi.”

“Great! Alert the CIA right now about these bases. Also, tell Team ShadowNinja that they did a great job. Also, tell them  and  T.O.P. to stay at our base there and monitor the situation in Tokyo. As of now, we are in under Code Alpha Red, the highest alert level of our agency! Place all sectors under this code immediately!”

“Yes sir!” says everyone in the Situation Room!

New York City, John F. Kennedy Airport....

“Sir I have just been informed by the CIA that some of them would be coming to guard us while we’re in Manila for the conference.”

“Good then.”

“Also, sir the S.P.I.E.S. has placed all their sectors under Code Alpha Red, the highest alert level of their agency. They are urging us to be on guard and exercise extreme caution when we get to Manila.”

“So they really think this is a genuine threat. Tell the Philippine authorities to beef up the security in and around the hotel that we are staying and the venue of the conference.”

“Yes sir.”

As Teams PassionateMind & BrightFlash investigate the Olympic Stadium, they can’t help but wonder where the bombs really are.

“Well, I think it would be much worse if they set off multiple bombs in one capital city! Think of the damage and the deaths!” says JB.

“I’m sure JYP took that into account. We did tell him we saw a lot of explosives.” says Gikwang.

“But, what about the weapons that we also saw?” asks IU.

“Oh yeah, we did see some weapons. Where do you think they’d be using those on?”

“Mollayo but, I have a bad feeling we’ll see them using those soon. Let’s continue on guys. IU, check that room over there and then the girl’s comfort room, Hongki, check the boy’s comfort room. I’ll be in that room over there.”

The three split up and went to their assigned places.

The other 3, Hongki, Suzy and Ailee were at the seating area, checking one seat after another.

“Aigoo! This will take forever!” shouts Hongki.

“But we have to do this. Who knows! The bomb or bombs might be here!” exclaims Ailee.

“Guys, it’ll be a lot better if you guys are quiet! Shush!” says Suzy.

“Mianhae...” says Hongki and Ailee.

They continue checking the seats one by one. At the other side of the stadium, Team BrightFlash’s Niel, Sohee and Yoseob have just come to the seating area and started checking the seats one by one also.

“Just how many bombs could we be possibly be looking for?!” asks Niel.

“Well, we wouldn’t know that unless we’re part of those trying to ruin the world!” exclaims Sohee.

“Okay guys, don’t start fighting here! We’re doing something important here!... Wait!... do you guys hear that?” asks Yoseob.

“Hear what?” asks Sohee.

“Yeah, what do you hear?” asks Niel.

“That faint beeping sound...”

They stopped talking and they did hear what Yoseob was saying!

“Beep!... beep!... beep!... beep!”

At the same time back on the other side, Hongki, Suzy and Ailee was also hearing the faint beeping sound!

“Where do you suppose that’s coming from?” asks Ailee.

“Hey guys! Look over there on the other side! It’s Yoseob!

The two groups spot each other and decided to meet at the centre of the stadium.

“So, you also heard that faint beeping sound?” asks Yoseob.

“Ne! We can hear it more clearly here at the centre!” says Ailee.

“Hmm... Oh! I think it’s coming from south of here! Let’s go guys!”  They follow Niel’s lead towards the south and, to their surprise, beneath one of the seats they found one of the bombs! They quickly contacted their members and after a few minutes the two teams were complete. They decided to contact JYP who immediately sent a bomb squad to retrieve the bomb and disarm it. The two teams went back to headquarters.

While on their way back to HQ, IU was searching something on her phone.

“I knew it guys!” she suddenly shouted.

“What are you saying?” asks Gikwang.

“I just checked if there would be any event in the Olympic Stadium tomorrow and just as I thought, there would be a mini concert there!”

“It’s a good thing that we were able to get the bomb from there!” says Hongki.

“You’re right! We just saved a lot of people’s lives!” says JB.

“But then, we still have to take into account how many bombs have been planted here in Seoul as well as in the other capitals!” says Gikwang.

While they were on their way back to HQ, JYP decided to interrogate the Mafia leader again.

“We just discovered one of possibly many bombs planted here in Seoul. Just how many did the Yakuza planted here?”

“Why are you asking me? I’m not the Yakuza.”

“Fine then, your secretary it is then. Get him back to...”

“Okay! Fine! I’ll talk!”’

“Good. Go.”

“10 bombs per capital. That’s what we agreed upon on. But, since they know that you guys have captured me already, I’m sure they’ve moved the bombs already to new locations.”

“Then I’ll assure you that we will find them!”

“Good luck!”

The bomb squad has successfully disarmed the bomb and has sent samples to the other 9 countries’ intelligence agencies.

Somewhere in the Sahara Desert...

“Our enemies have started moving sir.”

“Have the bombs been moved to new locations?”

“Yes sir. They have all been set already.”

“Good, very good...”

“The U.S. has started moving as well to find our base. I may not be able to contact you in the next few hours while we’re on the move.”

“I understand. Don’t worry, after our attacks the U.S. and her allies would be very much busy and distracted because of the attacks.”

“Understood sir.” answers the Al Qaeda leader.

JYP began sending messages to each and every spy team about the information he received from the Mafia leader regarding the number of bombs. With one bomb discovered, the spy teams all had a sense of renewed hope and so, they vigorously looked for the remaining bombs in Seoul. Teams PassionateMind & BrightFlash joined the hunt once again.

The clock struck 11PM and there was no new news yet. Although very late already, the spy teams are finding it easier to roam and look around due to the dwindling number of people outside.

Then, by 11:30PM, Team BlazingAttack found the 2nd bomb! Team BlazingAttack is composed of Yonghwa of CN Blue, the leader, G.NA, Ilhoon of BTOB, Son Dambi, Daehyun of B.A.P. & Sulli of F(x). They found the bomb inside a trash can inside the N Seoul Tower! With 8 bombs left, the spy teams continued looking for the remaining bombs well into the night. Unlike in Korea, the other 9 capitals are finding a hard time looking for the bombs. They aren’t able to do what S.P.I.E.S. is doing right now in Korea and so they have to make do with lesser number of agents probing their entire capital city. Tokyo is the capital city who’s having a hard time because of the immense size of its city.

 

 

Author’s Note >Kyaaah!!! They found 2 of the bombs! Yey! Who knew Yoseob could hear so clearly? Kakaka! Anyways, the next chapter becomes more well, thrilling! As said above, the other capital cities are finding it hard to find the bombs! Will Seoul be saved? What about the other cities?- Im Namsun imnida!