Chapter 2: On Rainy Days

S.P.I.E.S.

 

It all started three years ago on a very rainy day. All six members of B2ST were inside their dorm resting when Gikwang got the urge to buy something from a nearby store.

“Buy me a chocolate bar.” says Yoseob.

“A lollipop for me!” says Junhyung.

“Noodles are best eaten during cold days like this!” says Hyun Seung.

“A soda please!” says Dongwoon.

“Cookies will do!” says Doojoon.

“Aigoo, give me your money then!” says Gikwang.

Later, at the store…

“So much for being such good friends! They made me pay! Aish! (cashier hands him the change) Kamsahamnida.”

He goes out of the store, opens his umbrella and starts walking back to his dorm.

“I don’t think my allowance for this week won’t last long!” As he was saying this, a mysterious man, all decked in a long brown coat, wearing a brown hat and shades starts following Gikwang.

He notices this and starts to walk faster. As he does, the strange man also starts to walk faster prompting Gikwang to run! While running, he looks behind him and sees that the strange man following him was not there anymore so he stops running but, when he looks in front again, the strange man was there! In front of him!

“Yah! Ahjeossi! Why are you following me?!” he shouted.

The man stepped closer to him, removed his shades and promptly introduced himself: Lee Gikwang, it’s me! JYP!”

“…  Mwo?! What the heck!!!”

“Shush! (looks around him) Follow me. Now. “

“But…”

“No questions asked!”

With that, he follows JYP back to the store where Gikwang previously was. He leads him to the back where his car was parked.

“Look, if you’re regretting for not accepting me in your company then…”

“It’s not that my young man! Just get inside!”

He starts the car and drives through Seoul and stops in the garage of an unknown building to Gikwang. Behind them, the garage door quickly closes.

“Yah, where are we?”

“You’ll find out sooner. Now then, count to three.”

“Mwo?! For what?!”

“One, two…”

“YAH!”

“Three!”

As soon as he said three, the floor beneath the car abruptly “went down!”

“JYP! Where are we going?! Are you kidnapping me?!” shouted Gikwang.

“More like recruiting you.”

“Recruiting me?! For what?! A collaboration?!”

“Oh it’s nothing like that! You’ll find out very, very soon!”

Then, they stopped! The car was facing a steel wall which opened to reveal some kind of huge room in front of them. JYP steps out of his car and so does Gikwang.

“Where are we?”

They both walk into the room and JYP says: “Welcome to the KCIA’s underground facility, the headquarters of S.P.I.E.S.!”

“S.P.I.E.S.? What’s that?”

“It stands for Singers Perfectly Initiating Espionage Secretly.”

“Espionage… wait… SPYING?!”

“Yep!”

“And you’re recruiting me for that?!”

“You got that right!”

“I’m sorry sir but I have to say no. Me and my group have a lot on our schedule so no.”

“I’m sorry but that excuse won’t do. This attached agency of the KCIA has been operational for almost twenty years. They have trained countless singers, band and group members to become world class spies. And they all have a busy schedule.” They start walking through the facility.

“… I’ve just been slapped in the face, didn’t I?” asked Gikwang.

“Ne. Now then, I’m the director of this agency and I have recruited you for you for your exceptional skills and talent.”

“Sure, you recruit me to be a spy but not for your company…”

“Pardon, did you say something?” asked JYP.

“Ah! Ani! Now, what were you saying?”

“As I was saying, I recruited you for the exceptional skills and talent that you possessed. As such, I’ve decided to make you the leader of one of our spy divisions.”

“MWO?! LEADER?! I haven’t even started yet! And, and what about my company and group members?! Well? What will you say to them while I’m training to be a spy?! Well?!”

“A little mind control device won’t hurt. Now then, please step into my office please.”

“M-mind control device?! Y-yah!”

As they walked inside his office, his secretary stands up.

“Sir, they are inside already.”

“Ah thank you. Gikwang, come inside and meet your members.”

“My members?!!!”

“Yes now get inside first because I have to talk to someone. Go!”

“But! But!”

“No but’s! Go inside now!”

JYP pushes him inside his office and closes the door.

“Yah! YAH! JYP! Aish! (he turns around and looks at the people looking at him) Oh um, Annyeong Haseyo… Ehehe…”

The faces that were looking at him were Lee Hongki of F.T. Island and “The Nation’s Little Sister”, IU.

As soon as Gikwang saw IU, he was awe-struck by her!

“Gikwang Oppa, are you okay?” asked IU.

“She’s right. Are you okay Hyung?” asked Hongki.

“N-ne! I’m fine! I’m just still having a hard time taking all of this in…”

“Well then! Let’s all work and cooperate with each other!” shouted Hongki.

“You’re right! Let’s do this! Leader! Well?” IU was facing Gikwang who was starting to blush.

“Ah yes! We can do this! All for one and one for all!” shouted Gikwang who was still reluctant.

And so began the three members’ training to become spies. They trained endlessly day and night during their free times (which were sometimes “mysteriously expanded”)…

The year now was 2010. A year now since they started training. JYP gathered them in his office.

“Everyone, I would like you to meet your new members: Bae Suzy of Miss A and Im Jaebum, a rookie under my agency. He and his partner will be debuting two years from now!”