Chapter 19: It's Over

S.P.I.E.S.

 

The whole world was stunned by what just transpired. With hundreds dead in Washington D.C., London, Paris, Rome, Moscow, Jerusalem, Beijing, Tokyo and Manila, everyone is in a sea of confusion and grief.

Seoul, which was supposed to be one of those included in the capitals said above, was saved by the spy teams of S.P.I.E.S. The different and numerous teams were able to uncover and disarm all 10 bombs.

All the spy teams were assembled in the Main Hall watching the events unfolding before their eyes.

In Manila, inside the World Trade Center where the climate change conference being attended by the U.N. Sec.-Gen. Was being held, everyone has been shaken by one of the bombs which exploded near the area!

All the delegates and people inside the venue is then evacuated outside especially, the Philippine President and the Ban Ki-Moon.

“Sir! Are you alright?” worriedly asks his secretary.

“Yes, I’m fine. No need to worry. Your Excellency, any injuries or such?”

“None at all. I’m fine but, if you will, I would like to attend to my people.”

“Yes please go ahead, I understand. The United Nations is ready to help if you need it.”

“Sir, you have to see the news! It’s urgent!” His secretary brings out her laptop and shows the website of CNN broadcasting the explosions in the other capital cities.

“Who could be behind all of these?! Where is President Obama?”

“Don’t worry sir for the CIA has moved him into a secret and safe location already.”

“Okay, let’s go back to the hotel.”

“Understood sir.”

Back at Seoul...

“The horror... I can’t believe neither one of those countries were able to find a single bomb!” exclaims Dongjun.

“Now what?” asks IU.

“We did everything we could and I believe we did the right thing. Alright everyone, let’s have a moment of silence for all those who perished in this attacks.”

Silence filled the hall as everyone bowed their heads and prayed.

“Okay now, I would like all of you to go back to your daily tasks and duties. New teams and members, back to training. The rest, you’re all free to go. You will receive a message if your team is needed. You may all go now.” JYP steps down from the stage and heads back to his office but then, quickly returns back upstage and says: “Teams PassionateMind & GodSpeed, please proceed to my office before you go.”

Later...

“I called all of you here first, to personally thank Team PassionateMind for successfully completing your first mission. Although it was rocky at the start, you still managed to rescue Team GodSpeed. Job well done!”

“Well, we couldn’t have done it without the help of T.O.P., Team ShadowNinja, K.Will, Dong Wan and Team LightningOffense.” says Gikwang.

“But you really did great guys! We’re so proud of you!” says Jessica.

“Kinchana noona.” says JB.

“I’ll be sure to thank T.O.P., Teams ShadowNinja & LightningOffense as well as K.Will and Dong Wan later. You may all go back to your respective groups now but, our agency is still under Code Alpha Red. I’m still waiting for orders from the KCIA.”

“Understood sir!” they all said.

Team PassionateMind goes out first but, Team GodSpeed doesn’t follow.

“I said you may go now. Why aren’t you leaving?” JYP asks.

“Sir, we want to team up with Team ShadowNinja to try and track down the Yakuza’s whereabouts.” says Siwon.

“Mwo?! But, you and your team have just recently returned from captivity! Are you sure about this?”

“Ne. We want to take revenge on them.” says Taecyeon.

“They won’t get away this easily!” says Jessica.

“They humiliated us back then. This time, we’re going to crush them very hard!” says Bom.

“As this agency’s premier team, please do understand sir.” says Hyorin.

“They must be stopped and captured at all costs!” says Yoochun.

“Fine. I understand then. I’ll be calling K.Will and Team ShadowNinja in a little while then. Go to the gadgets room and get what you need. Leave in an hour then and, good luck.”

“Thank you sir. This time, we now know how to deal with them. And we will be dealing with them very hard.”

Outside the office...

“How come Siwon and the others haven’t come out yet?”

“Maybe they’re having a talk. Anyways, I guess we’ll all meet up again if we’re needed here. Be careful in going back to your dorms you guys.” says Gikwang.

“Ne. Later guys!” says IU.

“At least we successfully did our first mission!” says Hongki.

“Oppa’s right! I’ll really treasure our very first mission.” says Suzy.

“I hope our second mission is as good as our first one!” says JB.

“I don’t know guys but, I have this feeling that our second mission is just around the corner. Anyways, see you all later then!” says Ailee.

“ANNYEONG!” they said to one another before parting ways.

When Gikwang returned to B2ST’s dorm, the other members asked where Yseob was.

“Oh, he’s still with the president... talking with him.”

“Araseo. Yah, did you two see the ones in the news?” Doojoon asked.

“Ne! We did! Aigoo! Very horrible...”

Hyunseung came running to the living room.

“Guys! I was on the internet earlier and check this out! In one of the news articles I read, it says there that Seoul was supposed to be attacked as well!”

“MWO?!” exclaimed Doojoon, Dongwoon and Junhyung! Gikwang was then surprised and started to get worried!

“Um guys, I’m just going to call my... mother. Yeah! My mother! I’m just going to ask her something!” says Gikwang as he starts to sweat.

“Araseo. Go on then.” says Junhyung. Gikwang was about to go out when Dongwoon stopped him.

“You’re going to call outside? Wae? There’s a signal in here and you’ve already called her here a lot of times already.”

“Ah... The thing we’re going to talk about is private...”

“I see then. Go on then Gikwang.” says Doojoon.

As soon as he got out and closed the door, Gikwang got out his phone and hurriedly called JYP.

“Ne Gikwang? What’s wrong?”

“How come it’s already in the internet?!”

“What’s on the internet?! My next song?!”

“ANI! That Seoul was supposed to be attacked!”

“... MWO?! HOW?!”

“Hyunseung said he saw it on a news article.”

“I see... Okay, I’ll get onto it and in the meantime, monitor other developments and call me okay?”

“Ne!”

Ban Ki-Moon and the rest of his party are all inside his room watching the news.

“I would like to go back to the U.S. now. I would like to call for a special meeting of the General Assembly as soon a s I return there. Alert all the U.N. ambassadors now.”

“Yes sir!”

Gikwang enters the room again and sees his other members were crowding around Hyunseung and his laptop.

“Is there anything else you saw Hyunseung?” he asks.

“Let’s see... ah! Nothing else.”

“Keurae... I’m just going to change.”

“NE!”

Gikwang goes inside their bedroom and changes clothes. Then, he quickly called IU.

“Omo! Jinja?!”

“Ne! See for yourself! Wait, I’m going to put this into conference call so that all of us could talk.” Gikwang calls his other team mates and minutes later, they were having a conference.

“What the heck! How did they know that?!” asks Hongki.

“Well, at least the people doesn’t know that it was us and the other teams who discovered the bombs.” says Ailee.

“Wait, Gikwang hyung, won’t you be heard by your other group mates?” JB asks.

“Don’t worry JB. Our dorm’s walls are soundproof so that when we’re practicing, we won’t be disturbed by outside noise.”

“Anyway, did you tell JYP about this already?” asked Hongki.

“Ne, I did already. He said he’ll get onto it. That’s all.”

“Well, it’s a good thing you told JYP. If something’s up, let’s call each other again.” says Suzy.

“Ne!”

At the S.P.I.E.S. HQ, JYP has just seen Team GodSpeed leave for Japan. Then, he orders his secretary to investigate what Gikwang told him earlier. When JYP returns to his office, he receives a call from Dong Wan.

“Yeoboseyo? Ah! Dong Wan! What is it?”

“I have great news sir! The Northern Mafia has now been captured!”

“Mwo?! That’s great indeed! Who is the team responsible for this?”

“Team IronFortress sir!”

‘Team IronFortress is composed of Kim Hyun Joong, Sandara Park of 2NE1, Lee Joon of MBLAQ, Jaekyung of Rainbow, Chunji of Teen Top and Eunjung of T-ara.

“We have also secured as well all their weapons and explosives. Their leader and the members are now under our custody.”

“Good job! “

Later that evening, somewhere in the world, a man was talking to two people through videophones.

“WHY WAS SEOUL SPARED FROM THE BOMBINGS?! I THOUGHT YOU HAVE MOVED ALL THE BOMBS INTO NEW LOCATIONS?!”

“We did sir but, somehow, we didn’t anticipate that the Koreans would be able to find it...”

“BLASTED FOOLS! IF I’M THERE RIGHT NOW I WILL KILL YOU AND THE REST OF THE YAKUZA!”

“Please forgive us sir! Please forgive us!” shouted the Yakuza commander.

“Damn it! The Mafia has now been captured! Mr. Ayman al-Zawahiri, I’m placing Europe in to your sphere now.”

“Understood sir.”

“Mr. Shinobu Inoue, I fear that the Yakuza may be the next one to be captured. Make sure you don’t get caught.”

“Yes sir!”

The U.N. Secretary-General and his party have now arrived back at New York where he called for an emergency session of the General Assembly. (Leaders like him go by jet plane)

“Has all the ambassadors gathered inside?”

“Yes sir but...”

“But what?”

“They’re calling for something...”

“What do you mean by that?” asks his secretary.

“I think you should hear it for yourself.”

Ban Ki-Moon enters the General Assembly Hall where instead of being greeted by applause by the ambassadors, silence greeted him. All the ambassadors’ faces were looking at him with stern and serious faces.

Undeterred by this, he bravely walked up to talk in front all of them.

“Today, the United States of America, Great Britain, France, Italy, Russia, Israel, China, Japan and the Philippines were all dastardly attacked in a horrible manner by detonating ten bombs in each country’s capital city. With hundreds or even possibly, thousands dead, we, the United Nations hereby send our deepest condolences to those 9 countries. We also condemn theses attacks which, not only are attacks on those countries but also on world peace. I am therefore calling on all countries in the world to help these 9 countries investigate and find out those behind these attacks. Thank you.”

He then takes a seat on a chair allotted for him behind him. The president of the General Assembly then goes on to talk next. After giving his speech about that day’s events, he adds something.

“Mr. Ban Ki-moon, the whole assembly wants you to resign from your post as secretary-general.”

“Wha-what?! Why?”

“We have heard that you were warned about these attacks before you went to Manila but instead, you chose to only tighten security more than cancel going there. The whole assembly thinks of that as very irresponsible of you. They are also citing your errors and mistakes in leading us. Your failed efforts in the Syrian Civil War is one of those. They are requesting right now your immediate resignation.”

The secretary-general looks around before him and sees all the ambassadors looking at him.

“Lord, please help me... Tell me what to do...” he said to himself.

“Well sir?”

“Fine then. I am acceding to your demands. Effective this hour, minute and second, I, Ban Ki-moon of South Korea hereby resigns the post of Secretary-General of the United Nations. Thank you all for your support and cooperation.” He bows his head and leaves the hall.

At the Narita International Airport, K. Will’s jet plane carrying Team GodSpeed has just landed.

“Good luck and this time, be sure to not be captured okay?”

“Got it K.Will, and thanks!” says Taecyeon.

“Yakuza, prepare to be captured by Team GodSpeed!” Siwon declares as he and his team mates step down from the plane.