21. Mystery Much?

I Will Show You.

[Chapter 21: Mystery Much?]

" Jaehyun, I want to apologize for trying to cause you pain...please forgive me..." Minah said. Jaehyun did not utter anything. "At that time, I wanted to break you up was because I felt alone. No one beside the Girl's day members treated me well. But I realised I did not even like Kris a single bit. I just wanted to feel accomplished and thus joined Yeonhee."

"But after seeing you with Kris, I can't help but feel that you are a destined pair. I felt despicable as I didn't like the idea of Yeonhee trying to break you up. Girl's day and I left Yeonhee and her gang a few months back but I left a microscopic bug on Yeonhee phone. Every thing she said, I heard it all." Minah said, closing her eyes. "I swore not to let Yeonhee do anything."

"But a year has passed...She doesn't seem like she is going to do anything.." Jaehyun stated. "Jaehyun, You should know that you are so wrong." MInah said. "You are in great danger, she's out to hurt both you, Kris or anyone that is close to you. Be careful." Minah finished.

Jaehyun couldn't help but stumble forward and give Minah a hug. "Thank you unnie." Minah smiled. "I'm indebt to you Jaehyun."

All nights and days, Jaehyun could not stop thinking about Minah's words. Sheturned her head from the frying pan to the living room where Minah was playing with Jinhee. Jaehyun could only smile at least, MInah was like a sister now.

Few days had passed since Jaehyun found MInah. Kris had gone to work and Taeyeon had given Jaehyun a 2 week break so that she could take good care of Jinhee. Jaehyun felt it was odd. Why would Taeyeon give her a 2 week break instead of one?

"Jaehyun ah, that thing is gonna burn if you don't turn down the fire." Minah said. Jaehyun regained her senses and turned the fire down and continued cooking.

"Any news of Sungyeol?" Jaehyun said as she served lunch. 'nope but on the phone call 2 days ago he said he will be back in 3 days time." Minah smiled when heard his name. "You know what Minah, just confess to him." Jaehyun chuckled. Minah pouted "What if he rejects?"

"It's always better trying than having false hopes of what it really is." Jaehyun advised. "I'll try." Minah assured while feeding Jinhee. "Won't he be coming home tomorrow?" Jaehyun said. Minah froze and smiled. Just then Jaehyun's phone rang.

"Hello?" Jaehyun answered, laying the table. "Is this Minah's friend phone?" The voice asked. "Who are you?" Jaehyun questioned."Oh, I'm Sungyeol." Sungyeol replied. Jaehyun put the phone on speaker. "What's your name and address?" Sungyeol continued. "Oppa!" Minah cried. "Hi Minah." His voice was warm and sweet.

"I'm Jaehyun, Kim Jaehyun. Minah's currently staying me as you know. I will text you the address." Jaehyun spoked into the phone "Kim-Kim-Kim Jaehyun?!" Sungyeol said, "Aren't you my-?"

"Yes?" Jaehyun asked. "Ahh it's nothing. Bye Minah! See you tomorrow girl!" Sungyeol said and hanged up.

Minah was indeed happy. "Minah, are you sure you guys aren't together?" Jaehyun asked. "we are not." Minah's expression became slightly dull.


The next day, Minah could not stop bouncing around. Kris and Jaehyun had to calm her down. The door bell rang and she immediately went to open it. "Oppa!" She cried and leapt to him. He caught Minah and smiled. Jaehyun and Kris only smiled. Minah lead him into Jaehyun's house.

"Kim Jaehyun-ssi. You are my cousin." Sungyeol spoked.

Jaehyun almost dropped Jinhee. Kris managed to catch her before Jinhee slipped out of her hands. "My-my c-c-cousin?!" Sungyeol nodded. Minah's eyes were wide. "What about my siblings and parents?" Jaehyun questioned.

"You mother is Euaerin Lee Hyemin while your father is Kim Taehun. Your siblings, I'm not sure as Your siblings are mostly older than me. And you were only 2 when the earthquake happened, I was 4 so I did not recollect much. My parents passed away in the earthquake just like yours, but I was with grandmother-"

"Take me to their graves, my parents and yours." Jaehyun said. Minah and Kris wordlessly followed, not forgetting Jinhee's things. Kris drove while Sungyeol gave directions.

Jaehyun broked down infront of her parents grave. Kris was comforting her. On the other hand, Minah was carrying Jinhee and was behind Sungyeol who stood before 2 graves.

"Lee minhyuk . Park Chorong."

"They are your parents, Sungyeol?" Minah asked. Sungyeol stiffly nodded. Jaehyun had calmed down. A burden of heers was slightly lifted. At least she know where her parents ask. "Your parents are both good looking." Kris said as he and Jaehyun walked over to visit her aunt's and uncle's grave. "That's why I'm pretty." Jaehyun joked lightly. Kris chuckled.

"Thanks for telling me Sungyeol-ssi." Jaehyun said. "Are you serious, Jaehyun? You're my dongsaeng, and you call me ssi? Drop all the formalities and just call me Sungyeol oppa!" Sungyeol said, suprised. Jaehyun smiled.

"I guess this is goodbye.." Minah trailed as she handed Jinhee to Jaehyun. "Are you kidding me Minah? We live beside their house!!" Sungyeol said. Minah broke into a smile. "Are you sure you guys aren't together?" Jaehyun said, holding Jinhee. Blushes instantly spreaded on their cheeks. "Kris and I will wait for you guys in the car." Jaehyun said as she pulled Kris hurried towards his car.

"What are you doing Jaehyun." Kris said as he tried to keep up with Jaehyun. "Playing matchmaker, lol." Jaehyun said, letting go off Kris and stuffing her hand into his pocket for the car keys. She unlocked the car and went inside. Kris speechlessly followed suit. 15 minutes passed and the pair entered. Jaehyun raised her eyebrows to Minah. Minah gave a stiff nod.

"IT CALLS FOR A CELEBRATION!! KRIS, HIT IT!" Jaehyun cried enthusiatically. "Sungyeol-ssi, this is your crazy cousin." Kris chuckled. Sungyeol nodded. "Definitely from Euaerin Aunt." 

"YAH!" Jaehyun said towards her lover and cousin. The whole car was filled with chuckles.


A week and a half had passed and Hyorin still has yet to 'collect' Jinhee. 

Minah and Jaehyun were having a chat in her house.

"So how are you going to settle your debt?" Jaehyun asked, keeping an eye on Jinhee who was on her walker. "Actually....Sungyeol oppa had secretly paid it off for me..." Minah said.

Minah and Sungyeol had become and item and Jaehyun had been treating Minah as her future cousin in law sister. "I think the kindness blood runs in the family of yours." Minah chuckled, "I'm really really really indebt to you and Sungyeol.."

Sungyeol had left for work while Kris went out and said he would be back in an hour's time.

"Oh yeah, Minah, could you look after Jinhee for me tonight? I've gotta attend an engagement party tonight with Kris." Jaehyun said.

"Ehh?! Engagement party? By Choah-ssi and Luhan-ssi?" Minah said. "Sungyeol's attending too. Choah-ssi is his cousin too. Sure, I will protect Jinhee with my life."

What a small world.

Jaehyun merely nodded.

{Kris' side}

Curiousity kept on crawling on Kris. He droved to a coffee shop. He walked to a table where a guy in a coat and snapback. He took a seat opposite the latter.

"Xiumin, care to explain everything and the outfit?" Kris said in a low voice.

"Hyorin and Taeyeon and not to mention Chen has been killed.." Xiumin said monotonously. Kris had his eyes open. Wide. "Who's doing?" Kris said.

"Yeonhee."

"How did she find out?" Kris said, shocked. "No idea. I might die soon. So please tell Jaehyun who here siblings are-"

"Jaehyun knows who are her parents and her cousin." Kris said.

"Cousin?"

"Lee Sungyeol."

"Ahh...yes he is.." Xiumin said, "As I was saying, tell Jaehyun who her siblings are by tonight. Jinhee will be her god-daughter and niece."

"Come with me." Kris said as he dragged Xiumin into his car and drove back home. Kris constantly looked around.

The door clicked open to revealed Minah and jaehyun and Jinhee.

"Hi Kris and- Xiumin?!" Jaehyun said.

"Jaehyun, I'm your brother." Xiumin took off his snapback and coat. Jaehyun was shocked. "So Hyorin and the rest-?!"

"Yes Jaehyun, but..." Xiumin said. "But-?!" Jaehyun stood up, handing Minah Jinhee. 

"They are dead. Killed by.." Xiumin said but was cut off by Minah.

"YEONHEE!" The other 3 were shocked.

"Jaehyun, I've gotta go. I've only got 2 words for you: be careful." Xiumin don his coat and snapback and was about to leave but felt arms around him. "Oppa...Don't leave, I don't want you to die." Jaehyun sobbed. Xiumin pulled off her hands. "I can't." Xiumin had tears forming in his eyes. "No, You can." Jaehyun had tears falling.

"Jaehyun, please listen to me, pretend you don't know anything and act normal. It's the best. Go to Luhan and Choah's engagement party. I will be there, see you later." Xiumin busted out of the door to prevent Jaehyun from holding onto him. Kris closed the door and hugged Jaehyun who was on the floor crying. As if on cue, Jinhee started crying.

Jaehyun looked up to see her niece crying. "No...I have to be strong for Xiumin and Jinhee." Jaehyun said and wiped her tears. "I will get ready for the party." Minah and Kris nodded. Minah had started tearing, she started patting Jinhee to stop her crying. Kris wordlessly went to the his bedroom.

'I'm sorry Jaehyun, I couldn't protect your siblings. Forgive me. I'll make sure nothing happens to you, Xiumin, Kris and Jinhee.'  was all that ran through Minah's mind


AN= Thanks to those who subscribed yesterday, It meant a lot me (: warning: The next chapter will be super duper angsty so yeah. Please comment! The next update might be on thursday or friday. So gidaejuseyo! (: Hope you like this story!! Oh yes, Euaerin(pronounced as Lee-yu-ae-rin) is from 9muses while Taehun is from ZE:A (;