20. A Year Later.

I Will Show You.

[Chapter 20: A year later]

It's been a year and Jaehyun's and Kris relationship has been definitely growing stronger. Jaehyun had grduated school earlier and is working at Taeyeon's company. However, Jaehyun still doesn't know her family.

Soyu can't kill Hyorin because baby Jinhee needs her mother. Despite being a rookie, she is the best worker in the company. The real reason why Hyorin recommended Jaehyun to work at Taeyeon's company was for her safety.

Jaehyun took her purse and phone and headed out of the office. A black car stopped in front of her and she got in. Kris pecked her cheek before driving off to have lunch. "How's work babe?" His husky voice rang through Jaehyun's ears.

"It's fine Yi fan. How about yours?" Kris merely grunted "Would be better if the es stop fangirling over me." Jaehyun chuckled. She was sure lucky she had his heart. "Oh yeah, Luhan and Choah are engaged. They want us to attend their engagement party." Kris continued his conversation

"Thats cool. They finally took my advice to get married." Jaehyun laughed. "Well they did more than that." Kris said. "How wonderful for all of my friends who loves pre-marital ." Jaehyun emphasized .

"Would you like to do it too?" Kris breathed into her ear which cased goosebumps to form on her skin. Jaehyun was simply speechless. Kris winked at her.

After work, Kris picked Jaehyun up again and they headed to Jaehyun's house. "What's for dinner baby?" Kris asked. "I don't know. Any suggestions?" She asked, thinking hard. "I want you." Kris said.

"YAH WU YI FAN. STOP BEING A FREAKING DIRTY ERT." Jaehyun's voice filled the whole car and Kris could only wince and chuckle.

Jaehyun and Kris were living together in Jaehyun"s house as Soyu switched over to Kevin's.

During the past year, many things had happened in school. Yeonhee trying to force Kris to kiss her and trying to break them up was really common. You should know what it led to. Well, quarrels are sure common between very loving couples.

They reached home and the day felt usual to them.


"I'm not needed at work today? Thanks Taeyeon unnie."Jaehyun said as she hanged up the phone. Looks like she didn't need to go to work today. She looked to Kris who was frying pancakes. The doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Jaehyun said as she headed to open the door.

The door opened and revealed Hyorin with Jinhee and a large bag. She peeked over Hyorin's shoulders to see Soohyun in the car. Jaehyun was about to open to say something but Hyorin had beaten her to it.

"Hey Jaehyun, gotta favour to ask of you. Please take care of Jinhee for me for one week." Hyorin said hurriedly. "Everything's in here just refer to it. And don't ask why. All my siblings are busy and Soyu had gotten into an  small accident, Bora went for a dance competition while Dasom is visiting her parents for a week as well so the best option is you and Bye~ gotta catch a flight. See you later!" Hyorin babbled and gave Jinhee's forehead a kiss before dashing to Soohyun's car and driving off.

Jaehyun just stared as Jinhee who was sleeping. She closed the door, place Jinhee in her rocker before saying to Kris

"BABY ALERT!" 

"WHAT?! WHO'S BABY IS IT?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE A !" Kris hollered.

"WHAT THE MAN. DUDE. I'M STILL A . IT'S JUST THAT WE HAVE TO BABYSIT JINHEE FOR A WEEK!" Jaehyun screamed as she walked to Kris.

"Holy ."

Kris and Jaehyun turned to Jinhee who started crying. Jaehyun rushed to Jinhee and carried her, petting her back to sleep. "That was close." Kris heaved a sigh of relief. Jaehyun dragged the giant up the stairs to their bedroom. Jaehyun wasn't gonna let Kris off.

Jaehyun dragged Kris into the room before shutting the door and pushing Kris to the door. "Don't. I said DON'T say anything about me that isn't true. Do that I will break you." She warned.

"Chill babe," Kris said as he pulled Jaehyun's waist towards him. Jaehyun made sure there was an arm's distance away from Kris. "What do you want now Kris."

"Me? I want to be the person thar claimed your body and ity cause you are mine and I love you." Kris said seductively. "Let go off me and stop seducting me unless you don't want father's day anymore." Jaehyun threateningly warned.

Kris kissed her forehead and let her go. Jaehyun walked out of the room, leaving Kris there. "How did I even managed to fall in love with a tiger lass?" he questioned himself. He shook his head before serving the pancakes.

After 2 hours, JInhee was still sleeping. But Kris and Jaehyun was going crazy. They read everything they needed to do and was going crazy just by reading it. "Kris, I'm  gonna get some groceries." She took her wallet, keysand her phone. She grabbed her white sneakers and a cardigan and was out of the house.

Just as she was about to close the door, "YAH KRIS WU! TAKE CARE OF MY GOD-DAUGHTER!" Jaehyun hollered.

She was walking down the street when she heard a familar cry.

"No please don't hurt me! I will try to find the money and return to it you guys!" The shaky voice cried. Curiousity got the better of her. Jaehyun walked to the alley. "Minah?!" Jaehyun said. The 3 burly guys saw her and said. "Looks like you know her. Boys." The guys in the center said.

MInah's eyes widened. She did not want anyone to get in a mess just like her. "No!! Don't hurt anyone else. Hurt me if you must." She shouted but there wasn't any need.

Jaehyun placed her taekwondo and hapkido skills into use and within a minute, she brought the guys all to their knees. They scampered away hurriedly. Minah had clamed down a little. Jaehyun rushed to Minah's side. "Minah-ssi, are you alright?" Jaehyun asked with concern.

Minah was indeed shock. How could someone that she had hated care for her. "Just call me Minah or unnie. Which ever you want." Minah said weakly. Jaehyun helped Minah up. "Come on, I will take you to my place. What happened Minah?" Jaehyun questioned.

"I will...explain it on the way." MInah said with some hesistance.

"GIrl's day was forced to disband by our parents. Apparently my father had went bankrupt so did Yura's. Sojin and Hyeri's parents also were on bad terms and they made us separate. They all left as a family except mine. My father and mother wanted to start anew but there was so much debt that they abandoned me..." Minah started, crying. Jaehyun handed her a tissue. They were at a park near Jaehyun's house.

"So in the end, I was left to settle the debts. I sold my house, eveyrthing but still, it wasn't enough. They initially captured me to be a e but I was rescued by a kind stranger by the name of Sungyeol. I'm staying with him now but he left the country for 3 weeks and has yet to return." MInah continued.

"So I'm alone  for now. I'm waiting for Sungyeol to return back though." Minah said. "But those guys keep coming for me. I don't know what to do..." MInah started crying again. Jaehyun patted her back. "Stay at my place for now. I've got vacant rooms. Just tell Sungyeol that on the phone. Come on Minah." Jaehyun said, standing up, waiting for Minah to follow her.

However, Minah stood still "Jaehyun ah, why-why-why are you so nice to me when I-I-I 've done so many things to you?" Minah trembled. "If it's because I'm pathetic, forget it. Cause I don't want to be felt sorry for." Minah stood up and was about to walk another direction when Jaehyun's voice interupted. "I know how you feel. Lost, curious. I felt them all. I don't know who, wehre my parents and siblings are since young. Until now." Jaehyun said, pulling MInah to her house.

Minah was stunned.

The door clicked open and Kris' voice boomed. "Oh Jaehyun your home, thank goodne- WHAT'S SHE DOING HERE?" 

"SHUT UP KRIS. TELL YOU LATER." Jaehyun said as she lead MInah into the spare room. She took some bundles of necessities and passed it to Minah. "Here, call Sungyeol to tell him you are here." Jaehyun said as she handed her phone.

"Sungyeol Oppa!" Minah broke into a smile when she heard Sungyeol on the other line. Jaehyun knew it was all genuine. 

"You have feelings for him right unnie?" Jaehyun said. Minah was shocked that Jaehyun called her unnie but she nodded her head to her question.

"Go wash up. I'm preparing dinner." Jaehyun said as she was about to leave the room.

"Jaehyun."

"Yes?" Jaehyun whizzed around.

"I've got something to tell you. I will tell you later." Minah finished.

The moment Jaehyun got out of the spare room, she headed to her bedroom and Kris was right infront of her. "Yes Yi fan?" Jaehyun said.

"Explanation please Hyunnie." Kris said. However, Jaehyun froze.

"hy-hyunnie?" Jaehyun stuttered. Wasn't that the name she was called when she was young?

"Kris do you know who are my parents or siblings?!" Jaehyun demanded. Kris was taken aback.

"Y-y-no."

Jaehyun looked doubtly at him.

"When the time is right, it will be revealed." He said

Jaehyun sighed. But then, it hit on her "Wait, you do know."

Kris then nodded slightly "But like I said, when the time is right, it will tell."

Jaehyun wanted to ask more but her placed a hand on her lips. "I think it's better if you asked Hyorin yourself." Jaehyun shot him a quizzical look "Hyorin?"

"Yes,Hyorin knows everything." Kris said. Jaehyun's tears rolled down. Why didn't her best friend tell her anything?

Kris hugged her petite frame to calm Jaehyun down.

When the 2 got down, they saw Minah playing happily with Jinhee. Kris was about to shout but Jaehyun clamped his mouth shut. She gave a warning look before going to the kitchen. Kris followed suit. "What if she hurts Jinhee?"

"I trust her." Jaehyun said. "Minah's changed."

"How would you know?"

"Hmm, tell you tonight." Jaehyun said as she took some pasta out.

"Jaehyun ah, who's baby is this? Yours and Kris? She looks so pretty!" Minah said as she made the baby laughed.

"Ani, It's Hyorin's and Soohyun's. They told me to take care of her." Jaehyun smiled. Kris helped her take the ingredients.


After dinner, Minah had fallen asleep on her bed. JInhee slept in her rocker in Jaehyun's and Kris room. Jaehyun explained everything to Kris. "Oh."

"You know what. I'm done talking to you." Jaehyun said after hearing his reaction. She pulled the covers and was preparing to go and sleep. "Why? don't you like talking to me?" Kris bluffed a sad face. "Number 1, today is a really hectic day and number 2, I'm tired so good night." Jaehyun said as she switched of all the lights.

Kris could not do anything but hugged Jaehyun's waist and fall into a slumber, pulling over the blankets.

Jaehyun was not sleeping yet. Behind her, she felt Kris' snore against her skin. She was pondering over what Minah had told her.

"Jaehyun, you are in great danger. I'm not in contact with Yeonhee anymore but I know this: She's out to hurt both you, Kris or anyone that is close to you. Be careful Jaehyun."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AN=SUP GUYS! AFTER SO LONG! Okay I've got something to say. This story is gonna end soon cause I lost a lot of motivation for this story so I'm trying my best to finish this off on a good note. Actually, I had many ideas for this story. This story for supposed to be a 30-40+ chaptered story but yeah. Still I hope you guys will like the next few final chapters.

as usual, COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!