Kyung (Block B)

Oneshot Collection
✏ KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR -- Kyung (Block B)
Request: can I request park kyung from block b? you are best friends (but you both secretly like each other) and he saves you somehow? >< sorry if thats too specific.

 


 

“Focus, Kyung!” you scolded playfully, poking a finger into his cheek. The other squatted your finger away and pouted playfully, as you let out a light chuckle as you chewed your gum.  

The pair of you were currently sat in a corner of a small cafe not far from your apartment. You had your fortnightly ‘its-not-a-date-its-a-study-session’ or whatever exactly it was (though you liked to pretend secretly they were dates).

“Yah, this is too hard!” he sighed, folding his arms across his chest. You couldn’t help but chuckle at how much of a child he looked. In a cute way of course.

The pair of you had been best friends since… well, as long as you could remember. Was it second grade? Or third? You had thrown paint at him by accident and he done the same back, causing a full out paint war in your classroom. Your teacher at the time made the pair of you stay together until you got along and well .. you had been friends since. Your teacher’s plan had worked.

What your teacher hadn’t planned was for you to like him. Or worse yet, fall hopelessly in love with your best friend.

You quickly pushed the thought to the back of your mind and returned your attention to the currently pouting boy across from you.

“English is hard, but look..” you picked up a pencil and pointed to the writing on his notebook, “.. you got most of it right. You’re doing really well” you added.

Out of all of your friends, Kyung spoke the best English. Not exactly fluent, but enough to hold a decent conversation with. You used the pencil to circle the few mistakes he had made, jotting down the correct answers beside them, chewing your gum and blowing a small bubble with it at the same time. Like you had said, there really wasn’t that many mistakes.

“Stop doing that, it’s annoying” he complained, causing you to look up from his notebook. You were half way through questioning “what?” before you noticed how close your faces now were. Your eyes connected with his, lingering for a what seemed like minutes, no, hours. You thought you almost saw him inch his way forward, closing the gap between you, before you quickly pulled away.

Retracted back in your seat, you straightened up in your seat trying to look as natural as possible. You only prayed to whatever God there was you weren’t blushing. Feeling a heat building in your cheeks you knew you prayers hadn’t come true.

Calm down, it was nothing. You mentally scolded yourself, abruptly standing up from your seat. A few surrounding customers turned to look at you, realising you had scratched the chair across the ground a little too loudly when you stood. You quickly bowed in apology, tip toeing away from your chair before briefly turning your attention back to Kyung.

“I’m going to get myself a drink, do you want something? My treat?” you questioned, holding your breath as you did hoping to suppress your awkward tone. Your body betrayed you a second time, a slight wobble in your voice.

The other had furrowed his eyebrows together, an expression you couldn’t quite read on his face before standing up also. “If you want something, I’ll get it. I’m the guy afterall” he spoke, putting a hand on your shoulder in an attempt to get you to sit down. You shook your head in refusal, using your hand to push his off your shoulder, the slight contact of your hands causing your cheeks to heat once more.

Yah, stop it. Control yourself. You mentally scolded yourself again, you half considered running out of the door and going home before dismissing the idea. That would makes things a whole worlds worth worse and besides — it was nothing. You were just imagining things, over exaggerating as usual. You and Kyung were friends, best friends, and that was—

You thoughts were interrupted suddenly, feeling a sudden foreign object lodged in your throat. In the mist of your mental revelations you had swallowed your gum by accident and somehow it had gotten stuck in your throat.

Panicing, you used a fist to hit the front part of your chest, hoping to dislodge it. Once, twice, a third time and nothing. To the side of you Kyung was saying something, though you were too distracted to have caught a word of it. You were too concerned about the tightness forming in your chest.

Im going to die, you thought as you had doubled over at this point, continuing to hit the repeated area on your chest, I’m going to die because I was distracted about being in love with my best friend..

Before you could even continue the thought, you felt a pair of arms circle around your waist. If you could have breathed you would have screamed and struggled to get away from whoever or whatever was touching you. Though the lack of airflow to your lungs put a hitch in that plan.

“Breathe!” the person currently behind you shouted, the voice being all too familiar. Before you could even process the thought, the arms around your waist squeezed tightly, causing you to lurch forward. You used your hands to steady yourself on the table infront of you, as the person released you for a second before squeezing again, twice the force this time.

The second time had caused a wave of air to go through you, causing you to cough, rattling the piece of gum in your throat. Before you even had time to recover, the other had released and squeezed you again, so hard you thought you might snap in half.

Though it wasn’t enough to actually snap in half, it was enough to force another wave of air through you, causing you hack another cough successfully dislodging the piece of gum and expelling it onto the table infront of you.

Finally able to breath, your hand shot up to your throat, gasping for as much air as you could possible take in. If it wasn’t for the hands around your waist still holding onto you, you were sure you wouldn’t collapsed on the floor.

Speaking of which. Through your gasping for air, you managed to twist your body around enough to identify the face of your saviour. Kyung.

You had almost forgotten for a second who you were with and what you were doing before you started to choke. Looking up at his face you saw his lips moving, sounds coming out you could barely catch. Though the few you did were profanities, words you couldn’t understand and your name.

”.. Kyung, ..s…l…o…w…d…o…w…n-” you managed to croak, your throat suddenly feeling dry and scratchy after your choking incident. The other seemed to understand and slowed his speaking pace, slow enough for you to understand - though his hands remained firmly on your waist.

“Jagi, ash! I told you about that gum!” he scolded, his eyes more full of concern than anger. He used his leverage on your waist to pull you backwards to sit back down in your chair. With your body feeling weak, you flopped so willingly like a rag doll.

Releasing your waist finally, one now free hand came to your face, brushing your hair away from your face and tucking it behind your ear. “I thought you almost died” he spoke, now in a quieter more soothing voice. Your energy being drained from the incident, you looked up at him with half lidded eyes, —- before you could even process what was happening and how close you two were, his lips were on yours.

He was kissing you. With his lips. Kissing you. Kyung. Your best friend. Kissing.You.

Your eyes almost popped out of your skull at the realisation, you raised a hand reaching towards his chest to push him away before he caught it with his own, linking his fingers with your own. The pair of you stayed lip locked for what seemed like eternity, his slightly chapped lips against your soft, moistured ones.

Finally, Kyung has released you, breaking away allowing you to breathe once again.

What had just happened? Your mind raced around for answers, though the only one you could find was how good Kyung’s lips had felt against yours.

A scoffing infront of you distracted you from your thoughts for a second, your eyes falling on a waiter infront of your table. He looked unimpressed in the slightest and asked if the pair of you would kindly keep the noise down. It was only in that moment you released the commotion you had caused, with the entire cafe looking in your direction.

“Yah, my girlfriend nearly just died!” you heard Kyung sh- wait a minute.Girlfriend? Your eyes shot up, examining Kyung’s face for some inclination of what was going on. Girlfriend? What he joking? You? Kyung’s girlfriend? You practically went giddy at the thought.

The pair exchanged more words as your mind raced for answers once again, coming up a blank. The only words you heard were Kyung saying something about “suing” and the waiter responding “you hadn’t even ordered anything!”.

Before you could pitch in, Kyung had hoisted you up from the seat, retrieving his things as well as yours and promptly pulling you out the door.

“Dont worry, we can continue studying back at your place” you heard him speak as you both now were on the street, his arm around your back supporting you. You had to admit, studying was the last thing on your mind at this point, raising a hand to your lips touching the area where you had kissed.

Confused was an understatement for how you was feeling.

You looked up to Kyung then back down to the ground, then back to his face again, your hand still remaining on your lips. As if he could read your mind, he let out a soft chuckle, pulling you forward and placing a light kiss on your forehead.

“Dont worry, we can continue that back at your place as well”.