Tao (Exo)

Oneshot Collection
✏ INNER BEAST -- Tao (Exo)

Request: Do you write Wolf scenarios? If so can I request one for Tao or Chen? :3

(A/N: Im not sure if this is what you wanted, if not lemmie know.)

 


 

SLAM.

You heard the door to your garage swing on its hinges, slamming into the wall. You heard an audible crack, which you guessed probably was the plaster on your wall crumbling under the force.

You jumped in your seat, causing your soda you had been drinking to spill all over your lap.

“” you cursed under your breath, jumping up and grabbing a nearby rag off your father’s tool bench to soak some of the liquid up. You were thankful you were wearing black, otherwise your cherry soda would have left a not so pretty red patch on your crotch area.

It was too late, despite the rag your pants were thoroughly soaked, you needed to change.

From the corner of your eye you saw your friend Tao skulk across your garage, not saying a word to you in the process. You watched as he threw his bag and jacket onto the floor infront of a stack of boxes, then proceded to peel off his tshirt and pants off dropping them on the floor beside them.

You quickly whipped your head around, focusing back on the wet patch on your clothes rather than the boy changing infront of you. Despite how many times he had done it, you’d never get used to his comfortable ness around you.

You knew the routine. It was the same routine every few weeks.

It was that time of the month again.

No, not that time of the month again. Not that time of the month what females had to endure while males got away scott-free. That time of the month where he got .. furry.

”..You’re late” you announced in a timid voice, being the first one to speak between the two of you. You had been waiting in your garage for the past hour, working on studying or classwork to pass the time before Tao arrived. Normally he would show up dead on 5:30, then spend the rest of the night in the caged room in your garage until morning.

It was already almost 7, he was cutting it extremely close.

After Tao got … furry, he wasn’t Tao anymore.

Not the Tao you knew anyway.

He was a different Tao.

A furry Tao.

A furry Tao that liked to hunt and kill and eat things. 

Including people. 

You shuttered merely at the thought. 

The first time you had learned about Tao’s furry side was almost a year ago now, on your way home from batting practice. You were thankful more than ever your father had convinced you to join the baseball team as a kid, igniting your love for the sport, otherwise you were sure after that night you were have been nothing more than shreds. 

A dog - or what you assumed to be a dog at the time - had jumped you from the bushes. Not just any dog either, it wasn’t any breed you had ever seen and it was huge. Somekind of monster dog. 

The most noticeable thing was it’s eyes. They were red. Blood red.

Well, the details were nitty gritty. Lets just skip to the part where you managed to knock the animal and unconscious before it had the chance to take a bite out of you. 

As if you weren’t shocked enough from being attacked by a monster dog, what happened next had you questioning everything you ever knew. 

It had somehow, with whatever it was that defied logic, turned into a boy. A boy.

The details after that were irrelevant other than you had agreed to help Tao keep his inner beast caged. Literally.

“Practice overran” Tao finally spoke lowly, an audible growl lacing his tone. He was close, you could tell. You had learned over time the signs and signals before he turned. 

Irritable, aggressive, moody, short tempered. Basically what a usual teenage boy was like. Though when Tao was close, boy did you know the difference. 

He could snap a man’s throat without even blinking an eye, beat a person to a bloody pulp without even breaking a sweat, probably even lift a car if he wanted too. He was close to doing all three once, until you had managed to calm him down with your pleads for him to stop. 

You wasn’t sure how or why you seemed to calm him, but you’d do anything to help stop his other self hurting people. For Tao’s conscience more than yours. 

“I see” was all you said, gathering up the glass of water and bottle of pills off of the counter top you had prepared before Tao’s arrival. He was inside the caged off room now, his clothes changed into ones way too loose fitting to be comfortable, sitting on your garage floor with his back to you. You handed him the bottle and glass of water at a distance, watching him as he guzzled down both contents. 

Through experimentation you had learned that sleeping tablets helped subdue his inner beast. Sometimes, if he had a particularly stress free schedule, he would be able to sleep mostly through the entire night. 

Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case recently. Being swamped with work and performances and practices and everything. You could see the stress in his body, the muscles practically begging to rip out from under his skin. That wasn’t a good sign. 

You heard him growl a thanks, handing you the now empty glass and bottle. You gave a nod in response, returning them to the counter. 

“I’ll tuck you in then” you said, shooting him a small smile despite his back turned to you. It was a inside joke between the two of you. Well, more one sided on your part.

Tucking him in considered of locking him in the cage, three solid chains around the door with half a dozen padlocks to keep him inside. Sure, he was normal Tao now, but after furry Tao took over, he would do absolutely anything to escape and make a snack of you. That included the full force of his strength.

On one of his particularly bad transformations he had almost succeeded with breaking out. It was only his exhaustion from his pretty stressful week that stopped him from doing so. You thanked your lucky stars, though, you weren’t risking that again.

Three solid metal chains, locked into place with half a dozen padlocks, more sleeping tablets than any normal human being should possibly take and your trusty baseball bat just incase furry Tao managed to get loose. You were as safe as you could be.  

You checked the padlocks twice before retreating back to your seat, baseball bat leaning against the wall beside you. You watched as Tao shifted uncomfortably on your garage floor, switching between sitting and lying on the cold concrete floor. You had given him a pillow once, but furry Tao had ripped it to shreds just like he had attempted to do so with you before. You weren’t giving him another. 

This was the hard part. 

The part before furry Tao took over and you just watched your friend, normal Tao lying in cage like some kind of animal. 

You wished he could be rid of his inner beast, though he had said many times before there never was a cure. 

He could never have a completely normal life. Never. 

That was a harsh realty to swallow and you weren’t even the furry one.

Tao calling your name made your ears perk up, pulling you out of your thoughts. You replied with a simple “yes” as he rolled over on the floor to face you.

You could see it in his eyes, his inner beast flickering, waiting to take over.  It was only a matter of how many minutes, maybe an hour if you were lucky. However long, it was a painful waiting game. You wished you could just put the entire night on fast forward until morning.

Things weren’t that easy, though.

“Thank you” he said, the growl in his voice lower than before, a tone of sincerity filling its place. Tao’s eyes were locked onto you, his gaze so intense you shrunk in your seat.

You wasn’t sure if he was actually looking at you or sizing you up as a meal. He wasn’t furry yet, but normal Tao and furry Tao blurred together when the time got close. Before he started getting furry and growing a tail.

Either way, it made you feel extremely uncomfortable. It was part of the routine you never got used too. 

“Ahh. You know, it’s nothing” you gave a light laugh, waving a hand dismissively, still avoiding his gaze. It was quickly becoming uncomfortably small in your garage, despite the metal cage and 20 feet that separated the pair of you. It felt like he was going to jump you any second. His intense gaze on you, thought you weren’t looking at him, had something to do with that.

It was the perfect moment to remember your pants were still damp from spilling your soda on yourself, making an eep you jumped up from your seat.

“I’m going to get changed, i’ll be back soon” you announced, excusing yourself and scurrying across the room towards your garage door. You gave a fleeting examination to your garage wall, that now had a crater where the door handle had imprinted in the wall. The door itself wasn’t damaged, it’d live to survive another full moon. 

“I’ll see you in the morning” Tao called out as you were half way through the door, you paused hearing his words. You would return in a few minutes, maybe 10 if you had to shower, but you knew what he meant. By the time you were back, normal Tao would be gone and furry Tao would have taken over. You couldn’t imagine what it felt like, feeling yourself slip away while another took over. You had always wondered, though never questioned.

Maybe one day you would ask him about it, when he normal Tao again that was.

You turn slightly, giving Tao a nod and one last look before you exited your garage. 

“I’ll see you in the morning”.