Chen (Exo)

Oneshot Collection
✏ TRAPPED -- Chen (Exo)

Request: Can I please request a Chen one, where I’m good friends with EXO + in love with Chen but although I’m a big mouthed troll too coward to make a move, and hes the exact same and then idk something funny yet romantic happens and brings us together finally.

(A/N: First Chen scenario, woooo. I’m doing a second part to this p.s. Only so this post wasn’t 10 miles long. Anyway, hopefully this is along the lines of what you wanted ^^ Enjoy.)


Crap. Crap. Crap.

You mentally chanted over an over, using a hand trying to pull down the length of your skirt and balance the cake box you were carrying with the other. 

You were severely regretting your pick of outfit right now. The skirt had looked beautiful on the hanger but with every step you took it rose way too high for you to be comfortable with. 

Worse yet, you hadn’t noticed until you were walking up the stairs to the boys dorm. You didn’t even want to imagine how many people you had flashed your thighs at on your way over. 

You practically shuddered just at the thought. 

You looked good, sure. You wasn’t vain for admitting that, right? But you still weren’t comfortable showing off your legs. 

You wasn’t even sure what possessed you to wear a skirt in the first place. Whatever inner demon it was, you hoped it never surfaced again. 

 

 

Finally you were stood outside the boys dorm.

Today they were throwing a little get together on celebration of their comeback. You weren’t sure how little it would actually be, since Kai and Chanyeol were in charge of inviting guests. Whoever decided to put those two in charge of such a task should never ever attempt a career in events management. They were practically asking for trouble.

Everyone had their little jobs and somehow you got roped into helping too. You weren’t even a member, but when Tao had asked you to pick up the cake they had ordered because he had forgotten, well.. you had to say yes. It had nothing to do with the aegyo he had attempted to do over the phone. None at all.

That brought you to where you were now, standing outside the boys dorm, annoying at your too short shirt and holding the cake box you had picked up on your way over. You could smell the delicious frosting through the box, practically begging you to open it and take a taste. Though you were sure once you did you’d probably eat the whole thing.

You buzzed the doorbell a third time before the door finally answered. You were beginning to become agitated, especially when it was no other than Jongdae who asked the door. 

Ahh, Kim Jongdae. The only personal who made you bubble with rage and weak at the knees at the same time. Not that you would admit either of those feelings to anyone other than your cat. 

You had been nursing a small crush on the male since you had met, the same day when he struck a particular nerve making you dislike him immensely at the same time. You couldn’t remember 100% on what he had said, but it was something along the lines of how you looked beautiful, except for your which was apparently too big.

You felt yourself flicker with rage at the thought.

“Wow nice legs, babe” hearing Jongdae’s voice broke your train of thought for a second. 

You glanced at the male who was giving you the up and down look, taking in your appearance. You felt that flicker of rage burnt brighter, gritting your teeth and resisting the urge to slap him. As for calling you babe, which you knew he knew you hated, you were purposely ignoring. For his sake more than mine. 

“Shut it Jongdae” you growled, worming around him to gain access to the dorm. You took into account how much the dorm had been changed for the get together. Balloons were pinned to various areas around the ceiling, banners sprawled across the walls. You took note of Kris currently standing on a ladder, hanging one on the far living room wall and Sehun whom was currently blowing balloons up on the couch. 

The clicking of your shoes caught the younger ones attention, his head wandering up to look at you. Like Jongdae he gave you the one over, but instead of looking at you like a slab of meat you watched as a smile appeared across the maknae’s lips.

“Noona, you look great!” he chimed, putting down the packet of unblown balloons on the sofa before getting up to envelope you in a hug. You weren’t on hugging basis with most of the Exo members, however you made an exception for the youngest.

You used the spare arm that the cakebox wasn’t in to wrap it around the younger male, his arms snaking around your waist. It wasn’t a real hug, but it’d do.

“Yah, you accept his compliment but not mine?” you heard Jongdae complain from beside you. You simply rolled your eyes at his words, letting your arm drop from around Sehun, realising him.

“Shh, Jongdae… and take the cakebox will you, I carried it all the way here after all” you said, holding it out towards the male. 

You heard him click his tongue in response before taking it from your hand, padding off into the kitchen out of sight. You were sure you heard him mutter something under his breathe, but you didn’t quite catch it.

Infact, you didn’t really care either.

You had almost forgotten Kris was in the room at that second, before the abnormally tall male pitched in, telling Sehun to get back to blowing up the balloons. You felt guilty for distracting the maknae, who only groaned and slumped back onto the couch, doing what the older had told him.

You and Kris weren’t exactly the closest when it came to the boys. You could probably count on one hand the amount of times you had had a real conversation, excluding chit chat about nothing or when one of the others were leading the conversation. 

“So.. where are the others?” you questioned the male, standing awkwardly in the middle of the living room as you watched Sehun blow balloons and Kris hang banners. You had no idea what Jongdae was doing in the other room, you didn’t really care either. 

”.. Not sure. I hope they get back soon though, alot of stuff needs to be done still” he said, followed by a grunt as he held one end of the banner inbetween his teeth whilst trying to secure the other.

Your hands practically twitched, wanting to help him hang the banner that he was obviously having trouble with. Anything other than hovering around in the living room like a fly.

“Do you need help? I can help” you chimed, a little too perky than your usual voice. Was it that obvious you wanted to do anything other than stay and watch them do things and make awkward small talk with the Chinese leader? Probably. 

“That’d be great” you heard Kris comment, followed by a curse as he realised the end of the banner he had been hanging and it well .. fell on the floor. You held your breathe to stop yourself from laughing. 

Whoever put Kris in charge of hanging decorations really shouldn’t be an events manager. You wasn’t sure who was in charge in the first place, actually. Suho, maybe? That was your first guess. 

You reminded yourself to ask him later. 

“What do you want me to do then?” you questioned, watching Kris as he gathered the fallen banner off of the floor. The end that he had been trying to hang was visible scrunched up, creases firmly indented into the material where Kris had tried to put a nail through it.

You didn’t have the heart to tell him he should probably try something else to hang it with. You were sure their manager wouldn’t appreciate tiny holes all over the walls. Idols or not. 

“There’s another box of decorations in the storage room. Can you get them? — Oh and take Jongdae with you to help” 

You were about to protest about the last past before Kris’s bellowing voice rang through the dorm, calling the said members name. Like magic, he poofed into the room after the sound of his name. Well not really, he walked in from the kitchen, but the same principal applied. 

“Help _______ get the rest of the decorations from the storage room” the Chinese leader said to the other male, before returning his attention back to the banner that refused to be bonded to the wall. 

You thought Jongdae was going to protest, giving some snark remark like he usually would, but instead he simply responded with a “sure”. 

It was unlike Jongdae to be so co operative. You eyed him carefully. 

You heard the Chinese leader say something about a ‘sticky lock’ and ‘be careful’ but the the rest you didn’t catch. Whatever it was, you’d deal with it when you got back. 

You waved a hand over your shoulder in acknowledgement before following Jongdae out of the door to the said storage room. 

The quicker you could get this over and done with the better. 

 

 

“I think this is the box Kris was talking about” you dusted off a large, rectangular box off one of the large storage shelfs, the overwhelming amount of dust making you cough. 

The pair of you stood in a cramped, small storage room that was at the end of the hall where the boys dorm was. You used the term stood lightly, as the pair of you were practically squashed together everytime you moved. It was barely enough room for one person, let along too. 

You weren’t exactly claustrophobic, but the tight space made you extremely uncomfortable. 

Okay, you were lying, you were totally claustrophobic. You weren’t kidding anyone. 

Aided with the dust that was built up so thickly you would have to scrap it off, it felt like you were trapped in a vertical coffin. Minus the fact you weren’t alone. 

Jongdae was with you, currently rooting through another box, pulling out random items of junk. You were sure he was doing it on purpose, just to get in your way.

You nudged him with your elbow when he failed to acknowledge you after you spoke, hearing him growl an ‘ouch’ from between his lips after you had jabbed him.  

“I heard you, no need to get y” Jongdae snapped. Your jaw almost hung at his words. 

y. Did he seriously just say you were y?

You were thankful for his sake you needed two hands to hold the box of decorations otherwise you would have slapped him upside the head. 

You were cramped, uncomfortable and not to mention the amount of dust surrounding you made you wither with the need to shower. It stuck to your legs like musty old baby powder, making you mentally scream with regret a second time for wearing your skirt. On top of that Jongdae had just called you y. You couldn’t wait to get out of the tiny storage room.

You had no idea what your sub conscious saw in this guy. Whatever it was wasn’t thinking rationally, you were sure of that. Stupid Jongdae. 

“I’m going to ignore what you said for your sake, now lets go” you said, using the box to nudge him towards the door. If it wasn’t for the lack of space in the room and the box occupying your hands, you would have done it yourself. 

Jongdae simply scoffed at your words, muttering something under his breathe you didn’t quite catch and placing a hand on the doorknob and …

Nothing.

You watched as he turned the doorknob again, yanking the door at the same time trying to open it and … nothing. 

You watched in frustration as he tried the doorknob over and over, growing more and more impatient by the second. 

“Yah, Jongdae hurry up!” you hissed at the male. You wasn’t sure what game he was playing, but you were already tired of it.

“I’m trying, it’s stuck!” he snapped back, relentlessly continuing to yank at the doorknob without success. 

Stuck. Stuck.

Oh no no no. Jongdae did not just say what you thought he said. 

You briefly remembered Kris’s warning before you left the dorm, about a ‘sticky lock’ and to ‘be careful’. It took a matter of seconds to put the puzzle pieces together of what was happening, your heart threatening to break out of your chest any second now. 

You were stuck

in a tiny storage room

with Jongdae. 

You were screwed.