Chen (Exo)

Oneshot Collection
✏ TRAPPED -- Chen (Exo) (Continued)

(A/N: Here’s the second part. Complete with your dose of funny yet romantic as you requested~)

 


Stuck. 

You were stuck. 

In a storage room with no other than Kim Jongdae. 

No matter how many times you repeated the situation in your mind, it refused to process it. 

You must have done something real bad in a previous life to deserve this. First your skirt incident, second .. well, this was the second.

Still, it must’ve been real bad to be trapped in a tiny storage room with a guy you loved and hated at the same time. Real bad. 

You watched as Jongdae repeatedly trusted to bust the door open, a combination of almost ripping the door handle off and thumping against the door. You had sunk down to sit on the floor as far away as Jongdae a possible. A mixture of claustrophobia and dust making you want to throw up. 

This can’t be happening, you chanted over and over in your mind, pulling your legs up to your chest and resting your head ontop of your knees. You could imagine a thousand other situations you’d rather endure than the one you were in now. 

You heard the faint murmur of Jongdae speaking, though you didn’t quite catch what exactly, as you rocked backwards and forwards in your position. You imagined wide open fields and vast beaches, fresh air  across your skin and through your hair. Not the tiny, suffocating room you were currently trapped in. 

You felt the faint rumble of foot steps through the concrete floor you currently sat on. You knew it would be no other than Jongdae’s, since he was the only other trapped in the room with you. 

“Yah, are you listening to me? Are you just goi-” he began to speak before you cut him off.

“Shut up” you barked at Jongdae, almost snarling at him as he interrupted your fantasy.

You were sure Jongdae wouldn’t have looked more surprised if you had slapped him instead. His eyes practically doubled in size, staring down at you at your position on the ground. You had told him to shut up before, you had shouted at him before, but never like that.

You normally had a very tight grip on your temper — well, you had to being friends with those 12 idiots, but right now you felt like a caged animal. A very very uncomfortable and agitated caged animal.

You tried to recollect your thoughts, the fantasy that the idiot Jongdae had destroyed. Open fields and beaches, open fields and beaches, open fields and-

“Hey”

You heard Jongdae speak, breaking your train of thought once more. You cursed at him in your mind, trying your upmost hardest to ignore him.

“Hey, are you okay?”

”______, are you okay?”

“… I can see your thighs”

You practically had to clench your teeth together to stop yourself from hissing at him. 

“I can also see your underwear”

”______, I can see your underwear”

“They’re blue”

You finally snapped. 

The sound that escaped your mouth was a mixture of a scream and a growl. You snapped your head up from inbetween your knees, shooting a ferial glare at Jongdae.

You were sure you looked like some kind of animal, an animal that had been prodded and poked one too many times and was ready to bite. 

You didn’t care. You were so close to ripping his head off so he could never speak another word, but you were sure the boys wouldn’t appreciate you beheading one of their top vocalists. 

You saw Jongdae open his mouth, as if he going to say something. You cut him off before he had the chance too.

“Keep your mouth shut” you hissed at him through your teeth.

He shut it.

Your squeezed your arms around your knees tighter, constricting your knees so tightly you were sure you would snap in half any second. 

You had never felt so conflicted about a person in your life as you did about Jongdae. You wanted to kiss him and punch him at the same time. Surely those type of feelings weren’t normal? No, you were sure they weren’t.

All he would do is tease you and laugh at you and make ‘supposed to be compliments’ that were actually offensive. You had no idea why you even liked him in the first place. 

Whatever component in your brain that controls you liking someone, you were sure you needed a replacement. 

Yet, you still liked him. The crush you had been nursing on him never wavering since the pair of you met. You had wanted to confess to him, almost coming close to it a dozen times before, yet … never quite could muster up the courage too. 

Funny that, you could bite back at his insults and teasing, but you couldn’t tell him you liked him. 

After all, you ha-

Your train of thoughts were cut short, feeling a pair of arms being wrapped around your back. You were pulled against a torso, your head still resting on your knees, being tucked under a chin. A pair of legs only just longer than your own were at your sides, fitting your huddled up figure between them. 

You didn’t need to look up to know who it was.

Jongdae. 

You had almost forgotten you were locked in a storage room with him for a moment. Almost. 

As if you already didn’t feel uncomfortable, cramped and claustrophobic enough from being trapped in the tiny room, now you were being enveloped by your crush/enemy. Your heart raced a little, before mentally scolding yourself from reacting in such a way. 

“What are you doing?” you barked quietly, struggling to remove your head from under his chin. It worked, though instead you were met face to face with him. You quickly retreated back to your position. 

Jongdae shhhed you, letting out a chuckle as he patted your back lightly. His movements were so rigid and precise, you could tell he wasn’t used to such actions. Hugging that was. That, or he was just as nervous and uncomfortable as you were.

You thought it was probably both. 

“Tell me whats wrong” he muttered to you, the words sounding so foreign coming out of Jongdae’s mouth. You knew he wasn’t the comforting type, nor was he the hugging type, as far as you knew anyway. Jongdae was more of ‘make fun of you to somehow make you feel better’ type. Not that it ever worked.

You began listing all of the things in your head.

‘Well, for starters, you’re trapped in a tiny room you were sure would run out of air soon. Second of all, the person you were trapped with just so happened to be the biggest in existence. Third of all, you just so happened to be in love that that . Fourth of all, well.. you needed to pee.’

You settled on just calling him an .

You heard a chuckle from the male, feeling him shake his head with is, his chin grazing over the top of your head after he did. For a second, your lips formed into a smile. You felt slightly more at ease despite the situation the pair of you were in. 

“I like you, noona”

That smile was very short lived. Your eyes practically popped out of your skull at his sudden words. Not just his words, but his tone. So serious that you almost believed him. If it had been anyone else you would have. Though, this was Kim Jongdae. The ultimate troll who just loved playing jokes on you. You were surprised he hadn’t used this joke on you before. 

Yet, you couldn’t help but notice your heart thump from hearing his words and your face heat up gathering in your cheeks. 

You waited for him to say ‘just kidding’ or at least laugh, some kind of signal that he was joking.

A minute had passed and nothing. 

The thought that he could actually be telling the truth passed your mind, making you laugh.A very fake, forced and unconvincing laugh at that. You were certainly losing your touch. 

“Did Kai tell you to use that one?” you said, your tone dripping with sark. If so, you would be having a few choice words with the dancing maknae. Very choice words indeed, followed by possible scolding. You didn’t enjoy being played with. 

You tried to wiggle from out of his grasp, only to be surprised when he complied, releasing one of his arms from around your body. You managed  to get maybe an inch away from him, before his now free hand came to lift your face, titling your chin upwards level with his.  

“No, I like you” he repeated himself, emphasis on the I part.

You eyes met with his and you found yourself unable to break away, frozen in your spot. You look for a sign that he was playing with you, that it was all one big joke, yet all his eyes told you was truth. 

If this was a joke, heck, you seriously gave Jongdae for being such a convincing actor. 

Unconsciously you found yourself inching forward, closing the gap between you and Jongdae. You felt his breathe fan across your face, the faint scent of vanilla frosting lacing it. 

You were so close. So close. You could practically picture his lips on yours. 

You quickly pushed him away.

“Yah, did you lock us in here on purpose?!” you accused, untangling yourself from Jongdae and picking yourself up from the floor. 

You wanted to kiss him, you really did. Right now wasn’t the right time.

Yes you were one of those girls who thought first kisses had to have memorial times. Being locked in a storage cupboard wasn’t one your list of acceptable places for a first kiss. 

Plus, you were sure you was going to break out in a rash from all of the dust any second now. You also still needed to pee, badly. 

You heard Jongdae chuckle at your words, picking himself off the floor, dusting down his pants. You chewed on the corner of your lip, trying to control the smile that so badly was creeping on your face from looking at him. 

Right now, the scale had been tipped to 80% liking him but still 20% disliking him. Hey, you weren’t going to turn into a gooey-mushy, lovey-dovey monster overnight. Nor did you ever plan too. 

“No I didn’t, we really are stuck” you heard Jongdae respond, testing the door handle again to check. Yep, you were still stuck. You weren’t at all surprised. 

“And I can still see your thighs”

Nevermind, the scale tipped back to neutral. 

 

 

You had been in the storage cupboard for almost half an hour before Kris had come to your rescue.

Of course, he gave you the I told you so speech, how he warned you the lock was sticky and to be careful. You didn’t care at that point, practically walking at illegal speed to a. the nearest bathroom and b. the nearest window. You needed to pee and get some fresh air. 

Then there was Jongdae. You hadn’t forgotten about his confession. If you could call it that. 

I like you. That counted as a confession right? Your cheeks flushed at the mere thought. You hated yourself for acting like a out of date higher schooler. 

After taking care of your needs, you made your way back to the boys apartment, awkwardly standing in the boys kitchen for a sign of Jongdae. 

It had been well past 5 minutes and 32 seconds before he had joined you, not that you were counting. You watched as his trademark grin spread across his face seeing you, slowly padding across the kitchen towards you. 

You wasn’t sure what he was going to do, but you put a hand on his chest when he got a little too close. 

You had things to say, you needed him at a distance to be able to concentrate on those things. 

“So..” you said, letting out a deep breathe. 

One word. It was a start. 

You saw Jongdae open his mouth, as if he was about to speak. You quickly shot him a glare, your eyes giving him the order to not speak a word and close it. 

He closed it. 

Who would have thought it. Jongdae was becoming quite the obedient little boy. There was hope for him yet. 

”.. I think that we should go out sometime, so you can repay me for locking up in the storage room” you spoke, choosing your words carefully. 

You still wasn’t sure if he was serious about his confession in the storage room. It could have been a bet. It could have been a joke still. Maybe you were just untrusting of the male that usually tormented you in every way possible. 

You half expected Jongdae to retort back about it not being his fault or something along those lines, instead hearing him say “what do you have in mind?”

That answer was good enough for you. 

You suggested coffee sometime, preferably in a very wide space where there was no chance of the pair of you being trapped in for almost half an hour. Sure, Jongdae had confessed to you the first time it had happened, but you didn’t want to experience it again. 

You chit chatted briefly about times and dates before Kris called your name, asking you to help him with a banner in the living room. The same banner he had been trying to hang before you and Jongdae had been trapped in the storage closet. You really did wonder who had put Kris in charge of decorations. 

“Hey, noona?” Jongdae called you before you stepped through the kitchen door, pausing momentarily to look at him over your shoulder.

“Blues suits you, by the way”

Blue..

Your underwear.