Chanyeol (Exo)

Oneshot Collection
✏ SECRET ADMIRER -- Chanyeol (Exo)

Request: Chanyeol x you story where he sends you secret admirer gifts, but after a while you start to get paranoid because you think you’re being stalked.

 


 

Roses.

Last week it was chocolates, the week before that a stuffed bear, this week it was roses.

You frowned at the sight of the red flowers that had been left outside your front door. You gave a quick glance left and right for the person who had left them before picking them up and retreating back into your apartment.

You checked the roses for a card or a note or at least something, but finding none. You wasn’t surprised.

All of the gifts you had been left never came with a note or a card or some indication of who they came from.

You were being stalked. You knew it.

Why else would someone leave you such gifts outside of your apartment yet never leave a card or note or at least a name of who they were from? What made you feel worse was whoever was leaving you these gifts knew where you lived.

Was it a neighbour? You doubted it. You lived in an very small apartment building consisting of yourself and your neighbours mostly being elderly couples. That was besides one 30 something year old guy that kept himself to himself.

You had exchanges glances once whilst in the elevator, nothing more that a polite smile of acknowledgement. You didn’t even know his name. You had heard your landlord call him Dae-something, but in your mind you referred to him as the shady looking guy that lived at 104.

Oh gosh, what if its him? you practically gulped at the thought. You had smiled at him that one time, but to you it was nothing. A hello. Not even that. What if he thought of it more than that? your thoughts continued. You were close to panicking now.

At first you had ignored the gifts as much as possible, double locking your door at night just to be safe. Now that wasn’t enough. This guy could pop out of no where and abduct you as soon as you left your apartment.

You couldn’t lock yourself up in your apartment, hoping that eventually he would give up and stop. No, that wouldn’t work. You needed to be prepared.

 

 

You had a plan.

A week had passed since you received your last gift from your stalker. You had noticed a pattern now, that every Sunday between 11am and 12pm they would leave your gift outside your door. No knock or anything. You usually found them outside your door after coming back from doing laundry.

Today however was different.

You wasn’t doing laundry today. Instead you had pulled a chair up directly outside your front door, currently sitting on it in the pure silence of your apartment. You were waiting, for any sound or any peep or noise outside your apartment.

You were going to catch the shady looking guy that lived at 104 in the act. What were you going to do after you caught him? Well, you hadn’t thought that far ahead yet. Your plan admittedly had flaws but you were working on it.

You hugged your knees to your chest, balancing on the seat of your chair as you waited anxiously. For any sound any peep any…

##### ~~~~~~~~

The ringing of your phone snapped you out of your thoughts.

You practically jumped out of your chair from the sound, your heart thumping mercilessly in your chest. You held your hand tight against your chest, trying to calm yourself down before you went into arrest.

The last thing you wanted to do was pass out and miss catching your stalker in the act. Infact, you didn’t really want to pass out at all.

Your phone continued to chime. You forced yourself up from the chair, your legs shaking slightly from being given a fright as you paced over to your coffee table where your phone was. You felt like you were in a cliche horror movie, that any moment now someone would jump out from behind your drapes and attempt to murder you. You gave your curtains a warning glance before picking up your phone.

“Hello?” you spoke into the phone with a low voice. Now you really did feel like you were in a cliche horror movie. You half expected the other person on the end to quote a dumb horror movie like ‘you will die in seven days’ or something ridiculous like that.

“Hey, ______-ah!” you heard the other person speak. You let out a lengthy breathe you had been holding after speaking, recognising the persons voice.

Chanyeol.

You didn’t remember giving him your number? Wait- No you really didn’t remember giving him your number. You knew him though. Park Chanyeol aka the happy virus. You were friends with his groupmate Kyungsoo and had hung out with him a few times. You pictured him with his overly wide grin in your mind. You thought he looked goofy. In a cute way of course. At least it wasn’t a murderer.

“Whats up? … Wait, how did you get my number?” you questioned, out of curiosity more than anything. You didn’t mind, but you wondered.

You heard the other let out a nervous chuckle, pausing for a moment before speaking. “Kyungsoo gave it to me … I - er …. actually have to go. Nice speaking to you Noona” and with that he hung up.

You pulled your phone away from your ear and stared at it for a second longer, a notable crease in your brow.

Well that was a long conversation you though to yourself as you replaced your phone back in its place on your coffee table. You bit the inside of your lip, crossing your arms across your chest before seeing the chair infront of your door.

What were you—

, you cursed at yourself, rushing over to your door. You really hoped you hadn’t missed your chance to catch your stalker in action. You slid the chair back a bit as you cranked your door open, poking your head through as your eyes darted about.

Your heart sank seeing a small circular tin to the side of your door, a paper note tapped to the top. You stepped out of your door, leaning down to retrieve the the tin, opening the paper note.

Your eyes almost burst from your skull, reading the words from the note before dropping it, grabbing the tin and darting back into your apartment.

Your heart thundered in your chest as you double locked your door, leaning against it as your chest rose and fell heavily.

The note read; contains no almonds.

 

 

You were more and more on edge lately.

You turned every corner with caution, constantly looking over your shoulder to check it you were being followed. You even started to carry pepper spray for protection.

If your stalker knew of your allergy to almonds, then what else did they know about?

It was safe to say you did not eat the cookies they had left you. You had no idea who this person was and whatever they had put in them. For all you knew they could have laced them with a sleeping drug or poison, waiting for you to become unconscious for them to make their move.

Maybe you had watched one too many horror movies, but you wasn’t taking any chances. This person had been leaving you gifts for a month now and you still had no idea who it was. Your original suspicions of the guy that lived at 104 were dismissed after your neighbour had told you he had moved out over a week ago and he was married. Unless you were somehow more attractive than his wife and he was taking trips back to your apartment building to leave you gifts, then it was highly unlikely that it was him.

In some respects it made you happy. In orders it didnt.

You had no clue who this person was and how far they would go. Sure, they were only leaving you gifts now but what next? What if they broke into your apartment? What if they tried to kidnap you? What if they —

You turned a corner coming face to face with a tall dark haired male.

You let out an ear piercing scream, pulling out the pepper spray you had been clutching onto in your coat pocket and spraying it in the face of the male.

You watched as the males hands came to cover his eyes, cursing and sputtering from the burning sensation in his eyes from the paper spray. Your heart thundered in your chest, your instincts telling you to run. Run, run, run. You couldn’t, you were frozen on the spot from fear. You’d do really bad in a life and death situation.

You stared as the male as rubbed his eyes furiously, revealing part of his face. Your heart stilled in your chest.

You recognised this face. You knew this person.

Chanyeol

”.. Ohmygosh, I’m so sorry!” you shouted, your hands covering to cover your own mouth in surprise. You had pepper sprayed Chanyeol. You heard him grumble something that you couldn’t make quite make out as he continued to rub his eyes relentlessly.

You had no idea what he was doing in your apartment building, let alone at this time of night, but now wasn’t really the time to ask.

You had just pepper sprayed him thinking he was your stalker after all.

 

 

You lead Chanyeol back to your apartment, guiding him by his arm since he was still partially blind from you pepper spraying him.

You must have apologised almost a thousand times now, with Chanyeol assuring you he was fine everytime. Yet it didnt make you feel the least bit better. Chanyeol now sat on your couch, after rising his eyes in your bathroom they were still red and bloodshot. Guilt pitted in your stomach everytime you looked at him.

“I’m really sorry” you apologised again for the umpteenth time. No matter how many times you said it you didn’t feel any better. You thought he was a murderer, you’re stalker even. You wasn’t thinking straight. No matter what excuse your brain told you to feel bad.

“It’s fine _____-ah, it doesn’t hurt anymore” Chanyeol replied, shooting you his usual too wide grin. The sight of his smile made you feel at least a bit better, but you still felt bad.

You handed Chanyeol a freshly made cup of coffee before settling down on the couch next to him on your own. You sipped at the still pipping hot liquid, letting the bitter taste slide down your throat. You had almost completely been living on coffee lately, from being so anxious about your stalker and not being able to sleep. At first you hated the taste, finding it way too biter, now you had come to tolerate it.

Silence filled your apartment, not a word being spoken between the both of you. You both continued to sip at the scoldingly hot coffee, occasionally exchanging glances but nothing more.

“…. Did you enjoy the cookies?” it was Chanyeol who broke the silence. You were half way bringing your cup to your lips for another sip before pausing at his words.

You gave him a look of confusion, lowering your cup from your lips.

“What cookies?” you questioned, placing your cup on your coffee table. You followed Chanyeols line of sight towards your kitchen counter, the only visible thing being the circular tin that had been left outside your apartment.

The cookies your stalker had left you.

“You made them?” you questioned. You furrowed your eyebrows together trying to decode the situation. Chanyeol gave a nod in response.

“I did.. well, Kyungsoo helped, but I did” he responded, giving you a sheepish grin as he rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment.

Kyungsoo. No almonds. Things were starting to make sense. If Kyungsoo had helped him, then Chanyeol knew about your allergy to almonds. Hence why the note. You still didn’t understand why he left them outside your apartment, just like the other gifts you had received from your stalker. That was unless…

“Did you send me roses?” you asked.

Chanyeol nodded.

“Chocolates?”

Chanyeol nodded.

“The stuffed bear?”.

Chanyeol nodded.

“The bear was actually Kyungsoo’s idea. He said you were fan of —”

You cut him off by slapping him on the arm.

“Chanyeol! You!—” you resisted the urge to swear. You really resisted. You had to clamp your teeth together to stop yourself from doing so. All of your worries, all of your anxiety, all of your everything over your possible stalker and it was no other than Chanyeol.

“I thought those gifts were from a stalker!” you hissed at him your eyebrows firmly scrunched together. You were sure the stress you endured the past month for thinking your stalker would jump out any second and get you had at least shortened your life span by 10 years.

You heard Chanyeol bark out an ‘oww’ and he covered the area you had slapped with his own hand, shooting you a confused look. He uttered the word ‘stalker?’ as if to question you. You replied with a nod.

“Yes, stalker. I thought I was going to get abducted or murder any day now” you admitted, pulling your knees up to your chest in comfort.

You pouted like a child in a tantrum as Chanyeol let out a bellowing laugh at your words. He stuttered the word stalker inbetween laughing, you had to resist the urge to slap him again.

It was almost a minute before Chanyeol had stopped laughing, calming down to wipe an invisible tear from his eye. You were about to scold him for laughing at you before suddenly he pulled you to his chest, patting your head.

“I’m sorry for scaring you, _____-ah” he said in a low voice, gently across the top of your head. The stress that had been filling you for the past month along with the anxiety and worry seemed to melt away with every Chanyeol did on your head. You cheeks heated up from the action and the closeness. You had never had a proper conversation with this guy, let alone be this close to him before .

You had to admit, you didn’t dislike it, nor did you dislike Chanyeol. You liked him a little less at the moment for scaring you this past month but in time you’d forgive him.

You mumbled “it’s alright” as you shuffled away from him, swiping your now slightly less scolding coffee off your coffee table and sipping at it. You noticed the tips of Chanyeols ears were also slightly pinkened as he did the same with his own coffee, silence returning back to the room.

So, you didn’t have a stalker. There wasnt someone waiting for you around every corner waiting to abduct or murder you. The gifts were from Chanyeol. You reviewed all of the information in your mind.

It didn’t explain though why he was in your apartment building at this time or why he was leaving you gifts in the first place. And why the hell didn’t he leave a note?!

“… I have a question though” you broke the moment of silence, disconnecting your coffee cup from your mouth for a moment. Chanyeol looked up from his cup, giving you a look in acknowledgement.

“Why were you leaving my gifts in the first place?” you questioned as you rested your cup between your hands on your lap, “and why are you here so late?” you added.

An unreadable expression crossed Chanyeol’s face, as he mimicked the same moment with his coffee cup that you did your own. Placing it on his lap, his eyebrows furrowed together in thought. You waited patiently in silence for him to speak.

”.. I was going to ask you out” he spoke. You merely blinked at his words.

Chanyeol was going to ask you out? Your brain seemed to short circuit from the words. You stared at him wordlessly as you tried to comprehend the situation. Maybe your brain was just tired or maybe overworked from the evenings events. You only knew Chanyeol through Kyungsoo, only have spoken to him a handful of times. You didn’t dislike him and from what you knew about him you liked. Yet… Chanyeol liked you.

Yep you’re brain pretty much short circuited.

”.. Was?” you questioned, raising an eyebrow slightly with it. Chanyeol blinked blanky at your response, as if your choice of reply was unexpected.

“Yeah I was… then you pepper sprayed me” he responded. You were the one to blink blanky now, before hopping up off your couch to slap his arm playfully again.

“Yah! You said you forgave me!