Luhan (Exo)

Oneshot Collection
✏ BOTH OF YOU -- Luhan (Exo)

Request: When Luhan’s little daughter wakes up late at night, to see her daddy and mommy fighting. 

(A/N: I really need to start coming up with better titles for these oneshots, welp. )

 


 

When you and Luhan had first started dating, you knew what came with him being an idol.

You would hardly ever see him, most of your communicating through calling or texting between events, performances and practice. You would stay up until the early hours of the morning, just to wait for him to reply to your message. Most of the time, he didn’t.

You could never go out together. Forget ever going on a date that was outside of your house or his dorm. Forget cafe dates or going to the cinema or anywhere normal couples went too. You were okay with that, preferring  to have Luhan all to yourself when the pair of you eventually had time together.

You couldn’t tell anyone about your relationship. Not even your parents. Not even your best friend. No one. You couldn’t risk causing a scandal this early in his career. It was ruin him. Not only him, but his bandmates too. You had accepted that, as well as the sneaking about you had to do to be together.

It was all worth it in the end, or so you had thought.

Yet, you accepted it all because you loved him.

Loved him more than you could imagine every loving someone.

Though sometimes, love just wasn’t enough.

 

 

“She’s my daughter too, you know” Luhan glared at you as you paced backwards and forwards in your living room.

It was almost 2am in the morning when Luhan had finally decided to make an appearance at your shared apartment. You used the word shared very lightly, since Luhan was hardly here at all.

Infact, it was the first time you had seen him in over a week.

You were so close to throwing him out on the street where the paparazzi would get him. Though, you resisted the urge too. You didn’t want to ruin hisprecious career after all.

It was clear to you by now that being an idol was more important than you and your relationship with him. You had accepted that, though you wouldn’t accept him giving the same treatment to your daughter.

“Oh really?” you growled in a low voice. You stopped pacing for a second, padding over to where your coffee table was and grabbing a picture frame off the top of it.

“You see this? Where are you in this picture?” you shoved the picture frame into his chest before continuing, “that’s our daughter at her first talent show. I was there. Even my mom was there. I dont see you” you added, going back to the same coffee table.

You picked up several other picture frames, pacing back to where Luhan stood in the middle your living room, his eyes rolling over the picture you had given him. You watched as a mixture of love and pain filled his eyes. Love that his daughter was following in his footsteps, pain he hadn’t been there to see for himself.

“First picnic, first dance rehearsal, even her first bumped knee” you handed him picture after picture, “you aren’t in any of these Luhan” you added, poison dripping from your words.

You could count on one hand the number of times Luhan had been around for your daughter’s firsts. Heck, you could probably count the amount of times Luhan had seen your daughter at all. 

“You knew what it would be like when we first started dating” he finally retorted in a low voice, replacing the picture frames across your coffee table one by one. You only scoffed at his reponse.

“So it’s my fault? My fault that you are too busy with being an idol to see your own daughter? To see me?” you felt tears prickling at the corners of your eyes now, threatening to pour at any second.

You wouldn’t be weak like that, you wouldn’t.

You had to be strong not just for you now, but for your daughter too.

You were the only one she had, minus the few times Luhan remembered the two of you existed. 

Other than that, you were all she had.

“No, i’m saying tha-“

”.. Umma? Appa?” you hear a quiet voice, interrupting the pair of you. 

You snapped your head towards your hallway, seeing your daughter standing in between the doorframe. You watched as she pressed a hand to one of her eyes, rubbing it as she let out a yawn. 

The pair of you had obviously woken her up. You shot Luhan a glare before scurrying over, scooping her up in your arms. 

“Sweetie, why are you awake? It’s late” you cooed, holding her against your chest as you rocked her in your arms softly. You swallowed the rage that was bubbling up inside you, putting your resentment towards Luhan on the back burner. 

As much as you wanted nothing more than to throw Luhan out, he was her father after all. As much as you hated him for leaving the pair of you, you couldn’t change that.  

“Hey sweetheart” you heard Luhan coo to your daughter beside you, using one of his hands to hold one of your daughters tiny ones. You watched as her fingers curled around one of his own, a look of content written across her face. 

“I missed you, Appa” you heard your daughter coo, your heart almost breaking from her words. The tears that were bubbling up in the corners of your eyes were threatening to spill, a lump forming in your throat. No matter how many times you tried to swallow it, it never shifted. 

You couldn’t help but wonder if it was better seeing Luhan the few times you could or not at all. At least that way, you wouldn’t have to constantly wondering when he would come home. When you would see him next.

You couldn’t live like that, it wasn’t healthy for any of you. You, your daughter or Luhan.

“I missed you too, sweetheart” you heard Luhan whisper, pain straining his voice. You gave a fleeting glance up to his face, seeing his eyes glaze over, hurt and happiness contort across his face. 

“Dont ever forget I love you” you felt Luhan press his forehead against the back of your neck, his arms gently wrapping around you waist leaning into you, 

“Both of you”.