Kris (EXO)

Oneshot Collection
✏ NUMB - KRIS (EXO) (CONTINUED)

(A/N: Since so many of you wanted a bad end and a so many of you wanted a good end I did both. Both are in this post, you’ll see towards the end it’ll be separated into two. I had such a hard time with this ahhh so i dont think i’ll be doing a continued of a oneshot for a while. Hopefully you enjoy whichever ending you wanted!)

 


 

Days passed by in a blur.

You couldn’t tell what day it was other than it had been just over a week since you had finished with Kris.

No calls, no texts, nothing. He made no attempt to contact you. That being said, neither did you.

You couldn’t erase the image in your mind of Kris kissing that other woman. Everytime you closed your eyes you saw it, vivid and clear, almost like it had been printed on the back of your eyelids. You had erased the image off of your phone but it wasn’t so easy getting rid of it from your head.

You hugged your knees closer to your chest, wrapping your arms around them tightly. Your eyes felt heavy from where you had cried for the umpteenth time, you were sure your eyes were swollen and pink but you were past caring now. No matter how hard or how much you cried you couldn’t erase the hurt you felt inside. Your heart ached and your chest felt tight, you tried to pour it all out through your tears but it didn’t work.

You were at a loss. You didn’t know what to do.

You hated Kris but loved him at the same time, even after he had half way admitted he had cheated on you. She kissed me, his words echoed in your mind. She had kissed him he had said, she had kissed him. That didn’t say he didn’t want her too or that he was sorry for it. Only that she had been the one to do it.

Was it the first time she had kissed him? He had kissed her before? How long exactly had this been going on?  

The mere thought had your eyes began to fill with tears again. You didnt attempt to keep them in, letting them free fall down your face.

What were you supposed to do now?

 

 

Days passed and more days passed. The days turned into weeks and then the weeks turned into a month.

A whole month since you had spoken to him. You dared not even think his name. 

You had come so far and dare you say it, but you were recovering. It had taken time and hard work but you were. Your heart hurt less and your chest felt unconstricted, the tears were less but still there and slowly you started to feel better. 

You were mending yourself from the inside out. Slowly but surely. After all, rome wasn’t built in a day. Recovering from a broken heart took time too.

You took steps. You started off by erasing every fragment and evidence that he had ever been in your life and ridding yourself of them. Free from sight free from mind, you figured. You were particularly sad about letting your stuffed alpaca go that he had bought you to match his own, but you had too. You wouldn’t be able to shed the memory of him without doing so.

You said goodbye to Candy the alpaca as well as the rest of the gifts he had bought you, discarding them into a box and hiding it in the corner of your living room. When you were completely healed you would return them to him. You wasn’t quite ready yet to do so however.

Slowly, you got better. You went to work with a smile on your face, a genuine one, not the forced one you put on so people would stop asking you if you were okay. You wasn’t but you would be. Slowly. You were okay before him and you would be okay without him. You would be okay.

Your heart began to heal and you began to forget about him. You couldn’t erase your love for him but you were able to hide it in the back of your mind, along with everything else you felt about him. You really would be okay.

 

 

You would have been okay. You would have, if it wasn’t for him.

You had opened your apartment door, returning from work, when you saw his tall figure in the middle of your living room. You were frozen on the spot, blinking once and then twice in disbelief. Maybe you were seeing things? Maybe you were imagining him being there? No, you wasn’t. This was real, he was real. You watched as he turned, his eyes locking with yours, causing you to wither under his gaze.

"Kris" you uttered his name in a gasp, covering your mouth with your hand as if you were trying catch it before it escaped. You were too late. With just speaking his name the hurt you had worked so had to erase crippled you in a heart beat. You chest constricted, your heart throbbed into an ache, tears burned at the corners of your eyes. You were back at square one. 

Your mind raced around for answers, stumbling over the question over how he had gotten in until you remember the key you had given him whilst you were dating. You had forgotten to change your locks. The smallest detail you had forgotten to do and you were paying for it now. 

You saw a smile form on his lips from the sight of you, not a smirk but the loving kind he gave you from time to time when you were happy together. That smile you loved so much once upon a time only caused you to hurt more.

"Hey" you heard him speak, taking a step in your direction that forced you back into action. You internally rebooted, forcing your mind to work coherently instead of shutting down. You had worked so hard to recover from him, you wasn’t willing to wash it away just like that. You would be okay. 

"What do you want?" you hissed at him, your voice low and full of venom. You had rehearsed this situation in your mind, the what if you ran into him and what would you say. You knew sooner or later it would happen, though you hadn’t anticipated for it to be so soon.

"I want to talk" you heard him speak, continuing his pacing towards you. You felt yourself become weaker and weaker as he edged closer to you, effectively cornering you in your doorway. 

With each step he took you felt your heart take a blow. The love you felt for him and once consumed you begging for you to embrace him and forget everything else.

You wouldn’t be that weak though. You wouldn’t. The mental image of him kissing that other woman in the forefront of your mind pushed you not to.

"I dont want to talk, get out" you snapped, side stepping around his form. You needed as much space away from him as possible. He was like your kryptonite, being near him only made you weak. 

You felt his hand circle around your wrist, stopping you from escaping, pulling you closer to him. You wouldn’t let that happen. You yanked your wrist from his grasp, scrambling across your living room to put as much space - and your couch - between the pair of you. 

"Please, _____. I still-"

"Dont say it" you cut him off before he had a chance to finish. You knew what was coming next. The L word. You wasn’t sure if he said those words to you that you would be able to fight anymore. You hated him, you so hated him for what he did to you, how he made you feel. Yet, you couldn’t help but still love him. Your love for him was still inside of you, eating away at you, telling you to let things go.

You couldn’t though. You just couldn’t. You couldn’t be that weak.

"I dont love you anymore" you lied, avoiding his gaze as you spoke. You forced yourself to be strong, to speak in the most convincing tone you could muster up. You still loved him but you couldn’t forgive him. 

Silence filled your small apartment for what seemed like forever before Kris eventually spoke. 

"Look at me and say it. Look at me and say you dont love me and i’ll leave, ________" you heard Kris speak, a noticeable strain in his voice. 

You paused at his words, mentally digesting them before forcing yourself to look up. You met his gaze, noticing his bottom lip quiver with his eyes glazed over hinting that any moment now they would spill. You had never seen Kris cry, ever, the mere sight of him now making you want to spill your own tears that threatened to fall.

It took everything in your body not to run to him and kiss him, to wrap your arms around him and cry your eyes out until everything was better. You missed him. Even in hating him and hurting over him you missed him. You didn’t want to live a day without him, but you had too. You couldn’t forgive him, could you?

 

—————————————————-

 

BAD ENDING~~

You couldn’t.

"I dont love you anymore, Kris" you spoke in steady voice, gathering all of your strength and pushing it into your words. You spotted the box of photos and gifts you had collected up and meaning to return to Kris next to your TV. You retrieved, pacing over to Kris before shoving it into his chest. 

"And I dont want to see you again" you added, forcing it into his chest making him take hold of it. 

You watched as pain and hurt flickered across his face, surprised by your response before giving you a weak nod instead of words. You were glad he didn’t fight it, that he accepted your lie of not loving him. You wasn’t sure you were strong enough to keep your corner of your fight anymore. 

You flinched in feeling his lips suddenly pressed against your forehead, hesitating for a moment before breaking away. You would have pushed him away but you were tired. Not only physically but emotionally. You knew that no matter how many hours of sleep you would get tonight it would cure it.

"I’ll return this then" you heard him say, watching as Kris pulled out a key from his pocket - your apartment key - and pressed it into the palm of your hand. You stared at the shiny metal object before forming a fist around it and holding it against your chest. 

Without another word Kris stormed out of your apartment, clutching into the box you had given him and your front door slamming behind him. 

You heard an audible thump from outside your door, no doubt a first belonging to Kris before everything fell silent. You stood motionless in your apartment, staring after your now empty doorway being overwhelmed by the sudden silence.

You sunk down to your couch, edging yourself on the edge of it and wept. You cried and cried and cried, tears free falling from your eyes sliding down your face. You wasn’t sure how long you cried for or when you had stopped producing tears and instead just whimpering, but you just cried. 

The need to cry never lessened nor did the pain in your heart or the tightness of your chest. You cried and cried and it never stopped.

You had let Kris go but at what cost? You were convinced you would be okay without him however right now you wasn’t so sure. 

You wouldn’t be weak and you couldn’t be weak. You repeated it over and over in your mind. That you were okay without Kris before and that you were okay without him now. You would be okay. 

You wasn’t okay now but in time you would be. Just like you were before. 

 

————————————————————————-

 

HAPPY ENDING~~

You hesitated on that question for a moment. Could you forgive him? Could you? After all of the hurt he had caused you? After all of the tears? After he had cheated on you?

You heard Kris call your name, snapping you out of your internal dilemma. You looked up and caught his gaze with your own, his eyes pleading for you to speak. 

Tell him you dont love him, your brain urged you to voice. Tell him you dont love him and he’ll leave, your brain added. He’ll leave and you’ll never see him again. You’d never see him again.

"… I … " you began to speak, internally pleading for the words to come out. 

You dont love him, just say it, your brain urged to continue. Just 4 little words. Just 4 words and you would be free of him forever. Just 4 little words. 

You couldn’t. His eyes stopped you from doing so. You couldn’t look him in the eye and say it. 

You forced yourself to break your gaze from his, scrambling for something to take your attention away before settling to look at your own feet.

"Kris .. please" you said the last part in a plead. You were quickly losing your fight. You loved Kris. You loved him even through everything. You hated what he had done to you and how he had hurt you but you still loved him. You couldn’t look him in the eye and say you didn’t love him. You couldn’t.

"I love you, _____. Tell me you love me too" you heart him utter in a plea, the choke in his voice signifying he was on the verge of breaking just as much as much as you were.

You heard your floorboards creak as well as the shuffling of feet as Kris paced across your living room, closing the distance that separated you. You hesitantly looked up seeing his looming figure over your own.

You spotted the glaze over his eyes, the visible lump in his throat that mirrored your own invisible one. You had never seen Kris cry before, never. The mere sight sight of him being close to tears caused your own to fall.

"I can’t Kris… you hurt me so much … " you said in a whimper. Your first tear slid down your cheek, more following beyond your control. Before you knew it you were sobbing into Kris’s chest, your eyes streaming with tears as you balled your hands up into fists in his shirt.

You heard his voice crack, uttering how sorry he was, how much of a mistake he had made, how he would never ever do it again, how you were his everything, how he couldn’t function without you, how much he loved you, how much he needed you.

You sobbed and sobbed and sobbed, letting your tears as well as the hurt you felt out. You felt tears slide down the side of your forehead that were not your own, belonging to no other than Kris, accompanied by soft whimpers that chorused with your own. 

You were both as mess, standing idly in the middle of your living room wrapped up in each other as you wept. 

You wasn’t sure how long the pair of you stayed like that. Minutes? Hours? How late was it?

You finally pulled yourself out of Kris’s chest, retracting your arms from around his waist you had unconsciously wrapped round in the mist of your crying. You heard a groan of complaint in your action, lifting his cheek off of the top of your head.

You had to admit, for a moment you had forgotten how much he had hurt you and marvelled in his embrace. How much you had missed his arms wrapped around you as he held you close, how you missed the heat of his body and his scent. How you missed everything that made him Wu Yifan. How much you missed your boyfriend Kris.

You uttered his name, earning a soft shhing sound from his lips. You hadn’t forgiven him on the spot but over time the hurt he had caused you woud dull into nothing more than a memory. 

You wasn’t okay right now, but with Kris back at your side in time you would be. The both of you woud be okay.