Kris (EXO)

Oneshot Collection
✏ WU GUY -- KRIS (EXO)
Request: Your parents are afraid that you will end up on the street so they force you to marry the son of their friends Kris *w*

 


 

It’s for the best. Your mothers words echoed in the back of your mind as you adjusted the upper part of your dress. The material was scratchy and uncomfortable - though no where near as uncomfortable as you felt waiting for your date.

Well, it was more of a meeting than a date. Some guy your parents had set you up with. His name was Wu or something, a year or two your senior, son to a friend of your parents and apparently very very successful. Apparently the pair of you had met once or two before, though you were sure your parents made that part up. You didn’t remember any Wu guy.

Even if you did, it wouldn’t make things any less uncomfortable.

Your parents had set you up on countless dates before. Most of which were creepy, awkward guys that made gooey eyes at you and complimented you on your legs. Why were they even looking at your legs? You wondered, though you didn’t dare ask it, not wanting to know the answer.

This time though - oh no - this time was different.  Your parents, well mostly your mothers, plan behind this date was different. Marriage.

You were sure arranged marriages were long out of date, but apparently not. Your contract with your employer had ended just over a month ago and you were struggling to find another one. It wasn’t that you were unemployable, just the market was dry and fate wasn’t on your side. As soon as your mother had caught news of it, she had swooped in, crocodile tears and all, pleading you to marry this guy for the safety and security of your home.

Bribery, basically.

So here you sat, twiddling your thumbs, waiting for this Wu guy. You had been told to be here for 7:00pm, exactly. You had arrived at 6:49pm, it was now 7:04pm and he wasn’t here.

Your eyes wandered around to the fellow partons of the restaurant you were currently sat in; the women in lush, expensive jewels and dresses, the men in expensive, crisp cut tuxedos. Your eyes wandered down to your own outfit, a little black dress complete with black shawl, purse and heels — you felt immensely underdressed.

You looked more suited to attend a funeral rather than a fancy restaurant  Though, the key to this evening wasn’t to impress.

You weren’t marrying this guy. Gosh, no. You wouldn’t succumb to your mothers wishes willy-nilly. If you did, you would have been married to a thousands different guys by now, both as awful as the previous. No way. Your father had promised you, in secret, that if you went on this date just to please your mother, he would help you out. Just to please her, you did.

All you had to do was get through the evening with this Wu guy and you would be home free. That was - if he was even going to show up.

Your eyes drifted down to your cellphone, reading the time. 7:06pm. You were started to get agitated now. If this guy didn’t show up, it would only mean your mother would arrange another meeting/date. Plus, you were hungry, and he was paying.

You fidgeted in your seat before promptly standing up, making your way to the bathroom. You could at least powder your nose or something to pass the time while you waited for the Wu guy. Opening your pursue, you dug  around for your compact, your fingers flickering through its contents-

PANG.

Your face came in contact with what felt like a door or a window orsomething. You immediately dropped your pursue, it’s contents scattering across the floor as your hands flung to cover your nose. It throbbed and burned like the 7th layer of hell and you only prayed you hadn’t broken it.

You briefly heard murmurs beside you, through the stars that currently occupied your eyesight you looked up and —

Wow. Wow. This guy was …

“Are you okay?” he questioned, his eyebrows scrunched together as if he was examining your face. Somehow, without you even realising, you were sitting on the floor, an arm of his wrapped around your back. He was close. Too close.  His breathe ghosted across your fingers that covered your nose.

Dropping a hand from your nose, you examined it. No blood. Well at least you didn’t have a nose bleed and from the throbbing sensation in your nose slowly dulling, you figured it wasn’t broken either. You used your now free hand to push him back, his eyebrows furrowing at your action, before using it to push yourself off the ground. One hand still covering your nose, your eyes flittered around the floor attempting to locate your pursue and it’s contents.

At that point you realised you weren’t close to a door or window, you were only a matter of steps away from your table. You also noticed the fellow patrons of the restaurant looking at you like some kind of circus act, though that part you didn’t care about. Your face contorted in confusion, looking for whatever or whoever you had—

Whoever. You looked up at the guy whom was previously holding you and now picking up the various contents of your pursue that were scattered across the floor. Whoever. You must have walked into him..

What? Was his chest made of granite or something?!

”.. I-er .. did I walk into you?” you asked, dumbfoundidly. You padded across the floor towards him, picking up a lipstick of yours off the floor on the way. He turned towards you when you spoke, his face more relaxed than before and letting out a chuckle.

“Yeah, you did” he said, standing up handing your pursue to you, it’s contents now returned. You checked through it, making sure you hadn’t lost a single piece before zipping it closed.

“You were in such a rush to leave, too. I was only a few minutes late..” he spoke again as you tucked your purse under your arm.

.. A few minutes late? What-?

This guy? This was the Wu guy?

You swallowed, attempting to contain your shock. This guy .. was the guy who your parents wanted to marry?! He was attractive, tall and .. not a creep. Well, from what you had seen up to now anyway. He was a world away from the guys your parents usually set you up with. Maybe fate was on your side afterall.  

“I’ll have you know that I think punctuality is very important” you finally spoke as the pair of you moved backwards towards the table, taking your original seat, he took the other.  “I’m Kris” he spoke, holding a hand across the table for you shake. You took it, giving it a light shake before retracting your hand and tucking it in your lap.

You were supposed to marry this guy?

Marry? No. Well, not yet anyway. But, date? Very much a maybe.