Kris (Exo)

Oneshot Collection
✏ NUMB - KRIS (EXO)
 

Request: Its yours and Kris’s one year anniversary, you were getting ready and got a text from your friend sending you a picture of Kris kissing another girl.

 

(A/N: I had about 70% of this written last night but stupidly deleted it /tries not to spontaneously combust/. Anyway, weeeee so angsty. secretly i love to write angst haha. enjoyyy.)

 


A whole year.

A whole year you had been dating Kris. Three hundred and sixty five days.

It was safe to say you loved him. No wait, you were in love with him.

It was almost like he was apart of you now. Your other half; your soul mate. You wasn’t the type to buy into the destiny phooey but when it came to Kris you were believer in the red string of fate. That you were made to be together.

You needed him day to day just as much as you needed air to breathe, to eat and to sleep. You were completely and utterly consumed by him.

All of that.

All of it that had been building up since the day you had met had been destroyed in a second. All by it.

A text. A simple text.

 

You had been preparing yourself for your dinner date with Kris when you had received it.

It was the day of your one year anniversary, a whole year that you had been together. You had told Kris you didn’t want to make a fuss of your anniversary, when really internally you wanted to scream to everyone how happy you were. Eventually Kris had persuaded you to allow him to take you out to dinner, assuring you it would be low key. Knowing Kris, it would be anything but that.

So here you were, primping and priming yourself for past two hours. You had curled your hair and pinned it up to look effortless yet elegant at the same time. Your make up was applied in a way to look like you were wearing none and were naturally a goddess. Of course, you and Kris knew differently but that didnt matter. You were inbetween choosing a dress, red or white, when your phone continued to flash.

You had ignored it the first few times, assuming it was Kris telling you to hurry up and get ready like he always did whenever he took you out. You smiled to yourself just at the thought.

You eventually gave in and picked up your phone after it flashing at you for the seventh time now.

You had expected it to be Kris yet the notification on your phone told you it was your best friend, Jay.

3 new messages, 4 missed calls.

You frowned at seeing the notification, knowing something must be up for her to be blowing up your phone continuously. 

You tapped your fingers over the face of your phone, bringing up your message history.

’_____, I’m so sorry, but you need to see this.’

‘one new picture received’

’_____, are you okay? Answer.’

Confusion struck you from her words, tapping on the picture waiting for it too focus. The second it did you felt yourself fall.

The picture was of Kris.

Kris with another woman.

Kissing.

You felt a laugh bubble up in your throat, your eyes fixated on the picture unable to look away. The part inside you that was so utterly consumed by Kris screamed denial. That it wasn’t him; it couldn’t be him. It just couldn’t.

You felt pain spread throughout your body, travelling through your veins just like your blood did. It felt like a someone had ripped out your heart and left a gaping hole in your chest, the area surrounding it in tatters. 

You felt tears prickle at the corners of your eyes, bursting to escape at any second. 

You just stared. You just stared at it. You didn’t know how long you had been or what time it was, only being snapped back to reality when you heard the door of your apartment click open.

“You’re not ready yet? Cmon, _____ our reservation is at 8” you heard the voice of Kris speak, followed by his figure pace through the room.

You lived alone in your apartment minus whenever Kris stayed over. You had given him a key to your place in the first few months of dating for the cases of emergencies, however now he came and went as he pleased. You didn’t dislike it. 

You watched as he picked up the two dresses you had been debating on, returning the white one and holding up the red mouthing ‘this one’.

You were in disbelief. Pure and utter disbelief. 

“Are you cheating on me?” you sputtered out in a low voice, your tone noticeably strained from the tears you were desperately holding back. 

You watched as Kris’s face drop from your words, pursing his lips together then letting out a dry laugh. He laughed. He laughed.

“No, why would you say something like that?” he retorted back as he moved across the room, coming to stand infront of you. You saw him go to place his had on your shoulder, snapping back to your senses you quickly flinched away from him. 

The pain in your body had dulled to numbness now, refusing to be hurt. No, you could be hurt later, right now you were angry. 

You were beyond angry, you were livid. You were furious. You were enraged. 

You lifted your phone and held it out towards Kris’s face, showing him the picture you had received. 

“Then what is this? Huh? Why are you kissing another woman?” you hissed through your teeth, trying to hold your arm as steady as possible. It didn’t work. You were trembling, practically vibrating from trying to hold back the tears that were escaping you one by one. 

You watched Kris’s face harden from seeing the picture, looking away hissing profanities before looking back to you. You half listened to his words, the usual cliche ‘I can explain’ and ‘it’s not what it looks like’. 

“She’s just a friend, she was upset and I was comforting her” 

“Comforting her by kissing her? How many people do you comfort by kissing them?” your words dripped with acid. You had never had an argument with Kris before, minus petty spats over things that didn’t really matter. 

This however, this mattered. You loved Kris. You were in love with him. You needed him. He was your other half, your everything. However, you wasn’t sure though if you could forgive him if he had been cheating on you. 

Tears trickled without control down your cheeks, though you didn’t sob. That would come later but right now you had your teeth clamped together as tight as possible preventing yourself from falling apart.

The last words you heard him hiss back were “she kissed me” before you finally lost it. 

“Kris, get out” 

“Let me-“ 

GET OUT” you shouted, your arm extended and pointed towards the door. 

For a moment he didn’t move, only stared at you in your weak and quickly deteriorating state. You held yourself together as tightly as you could, your emotions threatening to burst at any second. 

You wanted nothing more for him to hold you and comfort you while you let it all out. For him to tell you that you were wrong, the picture was wrong, that it wasn’t true. Though at the same time you wanted gone as well as the pain he caused you.

It had been what seemed like forever before he finally moved, muttering a “fine” before pacing out of your apartment and slamming the door behind him. 

You had expected him to say something else, anything else, not just fine. 

With Kris gone you finally allowed yourself to fall apartment, to sob, to cry, to let it all out as the pain and hurt you had been holding in whilst Kris was infront of you finally swept through your body. 

You hurt so bad, you never knew you could hurt so much without being physically hurt. Every part of you hurt, your arms, your legs, your face, your torso. It felt like you being crushed from the inside out. 

You wanted it to stop. You wanted to turn off how you felt. You wanted to be numb.