Key (SHINee)

Oneshot Collection

✏ DRESS UP -- Key (SHINee)

Request: Playing dress-up with Kibum? c:

 


 

Sometimes having a fashionista as a best friend was hard work. Hard work in the sense when you were his favourite person to dress up. His personal human barbie doll. 

You practically cringed just at the thought. You never were exactly the girly girl type. Sure, you wore a spot of make up here and there, a dress when the occasion called, however you didn’t go out of your way to make yourself look feminine. 

You opted more for comfort than appearance, jeans being a favourite of yours. They were comfortable and not exactly the ugliest item of clothing you could wear. Paired with a cute shirt and you could almost pass for acceptable. In your mind anyway. 

You couldn’t count the amount of times Kibum had practically gasped at your choice of attire whenever you hung out. You could recall one time he described your fashion sense ‘insulting to his eyes’. You wasn’t sure whether to laugh or be offended, though being your best friend, you opted for the former. 

Kim Kibum - or Key as he preferred - was your best friend. There wasn’t much you could say about Key. The pair of you were like chalk and cheese. You didn’t care much for fashion whilst Key was boarding on obsession.

It was just his thing. Just his thing as much as it wasn’t yours.  

 

"No, Kibum" you spoke flatly in stern voice, refusing to tear your eyes away from your book. Studying for your ancient literature exam on a Saturday wasn’t exactly your idea of ‘fun’, however you much preferred a half attempt at doing so rather than what Kibum had in mind. 

Despite both of your ever conflicting busy schedules, you often hung out on Saturdays together. It was just one of those unspoken things you did together without even vowing to it. 

Whether it was shopping or eating out together or merely just hanging out at either of your places, you enjoyed being with him regardless. 

Well, you enjoyed being with him, but not his idea of ‘fun’.

You didn’t need to look up from your book to know that Key was pouting from your response. 

"Please, ______-ah" you heard his voice whine, "this would look so great on you" he added, swishing a brightly coloured fabric infront of where you sat.

From the corner of your eye you could tell it was most likely a dress, from the cut and the length. It could be an extremely long tshirt but you doubted it. You knew Kibum and you knew his unusual love for putting you in dresses.

You didn’t exactly hate dresses but you wasn’t exactly a fan either. They either made you look too old or too fat, in your opinion anyway. You preferred to look just like you; not too old or too fat or anything. Just you. Dresses didn’t do that, so they weren’t a favourite among your wardrobe. 

You also took note of the colour, a muted shade of peach that caught your attention. Sure, it was pretty. It was very pretty. It wasn’t too bright or too pastel or too.. yuck. But… still.

”______-ah” you heard Key whine again, his voice higher than usual that made you practically twitch in refusal to look up. You didn’t need to look up to know he was pouting.

You knew what he was trying to do. The aeygo. You wasn’t a er for it but damn, when Key did it, you couldn’t help but fall for it. You were thankful he didn’t pull out the aeygo card often, however when he did, you knew you were fighting a losing battle. 

"No. Flattery wont work this time" you quickly responded, sinking further into your chair and holding your book further up infront of your face to act as a shield.

You could remember the last time you agreed to Key dressing you up. You spent a good part of three hours half in only your underwear while he tried a variety of outfits on you, from skirts to pants suits to dresses to gosh you didn’t even know.

He primped and primed you in more ways than you could even imagine possible, from your hair to your nails to your make up, it had taken you over an hour to scrub it all off when he had eventually finished with you. 

Key was your best friend and you loved him dearly - however playing as his lifesize doll you did not.

Seconds of silence had passed without a peep from the other. It wasn’t like Kibum to give up so easily, easily meaning ever. Raising an eyebrow you took an experimental peek over the top of your book, catching site of your best friend and immediately regretting it. Big mistake.

Yep, he was pouting alright. If it had been just pouting then you would have been fine, but no — with his pouting he has full scale puppy dog eyes with an expressed than made you feel like you had just ran over a baby kitty. Guilt racked through you causing you to sink, you wanted nothing more than to jump up from the chair and wrap your arms around him.

You inaudibly gulped and quickly whipped your book back up over your face in defence from his guilt racking expression. Despite your effort, you knew you had already lost though.

Hearing a chuckle from the other, you knew Key knew he had won too.

”____-ah~” you heard him coo softly, his towering form sinking down to your level, crouching infront of you in your seat.

His hand came to the top of your book, attempting to pull it away from your face that you were holding oh so firmly. You clutched onto the book like your life depending on it, refusing to let go.  Dont give in, dont give in, you mentally chanted to yourself as the pair of you held onto the book with all your might. Wait, was that a tearing sound?

That was a tearing sound. You quickly snapped out of your thoughts, letting your force drop from tugging at your book.

"Alright alright!" you quickly snapped, letting your arms drop into your lap with your book in toe. Your mind scolded you for doing so so easily, however you were not destroying your book over something so petty.

You were sure you heard a “yay” from the other as you bookmarked your page and sat it on top of the side table next to your chair.

You barely had a moment to breathe as Key tugged you up from the chair by the hand, pulling you in the direction of a door you knew was none other than his room.  

"Great! I have a ton of outfits for you to try on. Come on” he sang, practically dragging you along as you walked at a pace too slow obviously for his liking. You didn’t even want to imagine the horrors that faced you as you were lead by the arm into his room.

You could only shake your head at his actions, along with a half hearted laugh at was a mixture of amusement and nerves. 

Today was going to be a long day, for sure.