What another new world

Bad Girl, Good Girl

 Another school year, another new school. I’m actually an honor student. I have very great grades it’s just that destroyed the car of my classmate. My parents think that this is the only thing that could make me better. I actually have my boyfriend with me, Jonghyun. He was the most popular guy in school. We have been friends since we were children. I was a weakling, but I then decided to change. Jonghyun has been with me. He’s the richest, smartest and most popular guy in school. He was the only person with me. Anyway, I walked my way to school. I then bumped into these flirtatious looking girls.

 

??? : Watch it would you?!

Me: I don’t care.

??? : who are you?

Me: me? I’m ______.

??? : You’re the transferee? I’m Jessica.

Me: so?

Jessica: say sorry for bumping me.

Me: no.

Jessica: do it.

Me: I don’t care who you are. I live by my own rules.

 

She was about to slap me. I don’t really care. Suddenly, a hand stopped her.

 

??? : yah. Why do you have to be so cruel?

Jessica: Donghae-ah. I’m sorry. It’s just that...

Donghae: another newcomer comes and you bully her?

Jessica: no. it’s just that...

Donghae: just go.

 

That Jessica girl went away.

 

Donghae: I’m Donghae.

 

I just walked away.

 

Donghae: Lee Donghae. You must be new here.

Me: *walks*

Donghae: yah! Aren’t you listening?

Me: no. why?

Donghae: Aren’t you hurt?

Me: no. And I wouldn’t get hurt if I always get hurt.

Donghae: you’re new here, right?

Me: yeah. So?

Donghae: I’ll show you around.

Me: sure. I guess I could use someone to help me around this place.

 

Donghae showed me to different places. I remembered that I have to behave this school year. I’m finally a senior and made a promise to my parents. I can’t disappoint them. We then stopped at the library. He was meeting some friends. I then looked at this book. I took it and also there was this guy.

 

??? : you can have it.

Me: thanks.

 

He seems nice. I looked at the book. It’s the sequel of my favorite book. I sat down somewhere. Donghae then came and grabbed my hand. I let go and hit him.

 

Me: yah. Who told you to hold me and grab me like that?

Donghae: I just want you to meet my friends.

Me: fine. I’ll let you off this time because I just met you but next time, I won’t allow it.

Donghae: just come with me. *walks to his friends* Here are my friends, Leeteuk, Kangin, Heechul, Siwon, Eunhyuk, Kibum, Yesung and Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun: hey, it’s you. You took the book I guess.

Donghae: you met?

Me: we saw each other at the books over there.

Kyuhyun: you like the book?

Me: yeah. I had no time to buy this one, so I just borrowed it.

 

My phone then rang. It was Jonghyun.

 

Me: *picks up the phone* Yah. Where are you?

Yesung: I’m outside your school?

Me: really? I’ll pick you up then! *hungs up* I gotta go.

Donghae: where—

 

I ran off. Donghae looked sad and just down.

 

Leeteuk: yah! That girl. She...

Eunhyuk: looks though.

Kangin: scary

Siwon: uncaring

Heechul: rude

Yesung: boring

Kibum: not to mention disrespectful

Kyuhyun: she looks smart.

Donghae: …

Eunhyuk: where did you meet that girl?

Donghae: she was bullied by Jessica.

Leeteuk: Ah. No wonder.

 

I went to Jonghyun.

 

Me: Jonghyun-ah.

Jonghyun: Hey girl.

Me: too bad you’re not here.

Jonghyun: my parents didn’t allow me too. Sorry.

Me: I understand. Anyway, are you going to school?

Jonghyun: yeah. You should go already. It’s almost time for your school.

Me: thanks.

 

I returned to school. I sat in class. I sat at an empty seat. Nobody sat beside me. I looked at everybody. They seemed scared. I don’t care. Kyuhyun then sat at my left me.

 

Kyuhyun: hello there.

Me: what are you doing?

Kyuhyun: sitting beside you. This is my place anyway.

 

The teacher came in. She then asked me to introduce myself. I stood up in front.

 

Me: I am Park ______. I’m from the school, _______. I was an honor student.

Teacher: now, tell us why you transferred here.

Me: my parents forced me too.

Teacher: thank you. You may take your seat.

 

The class began. Donghae was sitting at my right. I didn’t listen. I just looked at the blackboard and I know the answer. Everybody was copying except for me. We then had a quiz. I got 95. I really didn’t care. It was lunch time.

 

Donghae: you want to eat with us?

Me: no. I’m not hungry. I’d rather go somewhere else.

 

I went out. I was holding the book I borrowed. I went to the roof of the school. It was peaceful. It was an open are and I sat down at the bench. I started reading the book. Time passed so quickly. I felt hunger. I checked my bag but I had no money and no food. I went down to return to class. I was still hungry. Donghae then gave me a sandwich.

 

Me: what’s this?

Donghae: sandwich.

Me:  I know what it is. Why are you giving it to me?

Donghae: because I know you’re hungry.

Me: thanks.

 

We had our classes. I didn’t care so I just ate at class. Nobody minded me. Time passed classes were over. Donghae then gave me his notes.

 

Me: what are these?

Donghae: My notes. You can copy it.

Me: thanks.

Donghae: by the way—

 

I don’t know why he was being so nice to me. I went out of school. I saw Jonghyun. I ran to him. The guys just came out too.

 

Kibum: who’s that with ___?

Eunhyuk: must be his boyfriend.

 

Donghae just stared and felt something so different. I and Jonghyun ate together.

 

Me: how’s school without me?

Jonghyun: people were wondering why you disappeared.

Me: I want to change.

Jonghyun: I know you do.

Me: I have brains but I’m not using it right. I could’ve been the proud daughter my parents wanted.

 

Suddenly, tears fell on head. I wanted to stop but I just can’t.

 

Jonghyun: I know you can do it.

 

He wiped my tears and hugged me. We then walked home. I was still sad. We reached my house and he left. I went to my room. It’s so lonely of me here. I read the book. After an hour, I finished the book. I ate dinner and did my homework for the first time. It’s actually easy. I slept my first night living another new life.