Chapter 20

Your Eyes On Me

Sohee's POV

My phone rang while I was walking home with Heota from the ice cream shop. He decided to treat me that day since I was feeling down for no reason. And was taken aback by his sudden prom proposal. I find him nice and cute but...

"Hello? Sohee?" I heard a guy's voice as I unconsciously tapped the Answer Call button.

"Uhm... Hello..." I asked. Then, from the corner of my eyes, I saw Heota glancing at me.

"It's Minhyuk! I mean... B-bomb." I can hear the cheerfulness in his voice.

"Oh, hi!" As soon as I heard his name, my heart suddenly beat faster. Just like when Heota asked me to prom earlier.

"I was just wondering... you know, prom will be in three weeks...."

Oh, no! Could it be?

"...and I want to ask you if you want to go to prom with me?" I stopped my tracks, shocked at the question. Heota looked at me with confused eyes.

"Uhmm..." I don't know what to say. Especially when I have two guys asking me to be their prom date.

"Sohee? Look, you can think about it tonight. I'll be waiting tomorrow for your answer. Okay?"

"Ah, o-okay." I simply said.

"See you in class!" I can even see B-bomb winking at me over the phone.

"Okay, bye." I ended the phone call immediately to prevent myself from too much blushing. This is B-bomb we're talking about! This is my long-time crush!

"Sohee?" Heota interrupted my thoughts as he faced me. "Are you okay? Who's that?"

"Yeah. I'm f-fine. Oh, that?" Should I tell him it's B-bomb asking me to prom?

"Uhm, yes? Who called?"

"Oh, just a friend. Yes. A friend. She's asking if she can borrow a book." I smiled, trying to hide that I'm lying.

He scrunched his eyebrows. "Are you sure it's just a friend asking for a book?"

"Y-Yes."

"Because it doesn't seem like it." 

"W-Why not?"

"Your face is redder than usual." He chuckled.

I immediately covered my cheeks with my hands, and felt myself blushing more in embarrassment.

Heota continued laughing. "Come on." He took my hand and started walking. "We need to go home. I'll let this slip and pretend that nothing happened." He told me that but I can still feel him laughing at my funny face.

 

As soon as we reached home, I went straight to my room and locked myself there. I tried sending a a group message to my friends to get some advice for my current dilemma.

SoHee: Heyyy
SoHee: I have a problem... ㅠㅠ
SoHee: Guize..
Yull: Oh, hey!
Yull: What is it? :O
SoHee: Prom.
Junhee_cutie: What did I miss? o.O
SoHee: Two guys asked me out and I don't know who should I choose. >.<
Yanaaa: who are the guys? *curious*
yeonjookim: By the way, Jihoon asked me out!!!
yeonjookim: ...
yeonjookim: okay. back to the topic.
SoHee: wait. what??? Jihoon asked you out? to prom? =))
yeonjookim: =_=
SoHee: glad he already had the courage kekeke
yeonjookim: back to your problem, miss
Yanaaa: is it minhyuk?
SoHee: Yeah.
Yull: wait wait. Minhyuk who? we have two -_____-
Junhee_cutie: I'm guessing it's Heota. and who's the other one?
SoHee: actually...
SoHee: ...B-bomb and Heota
Yull: Oh god, oh god!!! 
yeonjookim: OMG
yeonjookim: ASDGGHKJLSDFPSDFHDG
Yanaaa: Whaaaaaaaaaaaa
Junhee_cutie: SERIOUSLYYYYYY
Junhee_cutie: OH GOSH
SoHee: Hey. This is for you to help me choose, not to spazz like a crazy fangirl =_=
Junhee_cutie: K
Junhee_cutie: What does your heart say?
Yanaaa: what does the fox say?
Yull: YANA -______-
Yanaaa: sorry
SoHee: I really don't know that's why I'm asking you *sigh*
Yanaaa: that means you also like Heota?
SoHee: ermm... he's nice and really cute
Yanaaa: the fact that you can't choose between them means you like them both. you should just decide on who you like more or who you're comfortable with
yeonjookim: very well said
yeonjookim: coming from the love expert 

Yanaaa: it's prom anyway. and it's the last! you should be with the one who makes you comfortable so you can enjoy the night
Yull: that's right
Junhee_cutie: Go for Heota
Junhee_cutie: B-bomb has a lot of other girls to choose from
Yanaaa: btw, jaehyo told me that b-bomb and jiho had a fight because of heota
SoHee: why
Yanaaa: according to jaehyo, b-bomb was so moody and all... i don't really know the details but they punched each other
SoHee: o.O
Junhee_cutie: Just go for Heota. He's a lot nicer
Junhee_cutie: besides
Junhee_cutie: it's just the prom
Junhee_cutie: it's not like you'll be married for life
yeonjookim: but, she likes b-bomb for a long time already;; even before heota came into the picture

Yull: But Sohee, you're still the one to decide because it's you who will be affected here
Yanaaa: i hope you'll choose the right one :)
Junhee_cutie: wait. I heard some news. *evil smirk*
SoHee: what's that
Junhee_cutie: Kris asked someone to prom
Yanaaa: heard that too!!! *wink wink*
SoHee: Who?
yeonjookim: Kris? The tall one? The heartthrob from the other class?
Junhee_cutie: yeah :)))
Yanaaa: Y
Yanaaa: U
Yanaaa: L
Yanaaa: L
SoHee: Whoah! Really? :D
Junhee_cutie: kekeke
Junhee_cutie: Look. She's quiet
SoHee: so, yull... did you say yes? :>

The conversation went on until we all got sleepy. But before I closed my eyes, I made sure that I had one last thought on who should I go to prom with. The two Minhyuk's are probably waiting for my answer. I asked for a sign and if I will see it tomorrow morning, I will go with one of them.

 

Morning came. My alarm clock went off around thirty minutes ago and I rushed to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I'm running late!

As I was about to take my clothes off, I saw someone from the corner of my eyes. I turned my head and...

"AAAAAHHHHH!" Both of us screamed.

I. Saw. A. . Heota.

He quickly pulled a towel nearby and covered himself while I tried to cover my eyes and turn my back to him.

"Yah! Why are you here?!"

"I just finished taking a bath." He said.

"Why didn't you lock the door?" I complained.

"It's broken."

I sighed. "Go." I pointed my finger to the direction of the door. "You're done, right? It's my turn to take a shower. I'm running late, okay? Go, go!"

"Okay, okay." He raised both his hands as if he's surrendering and carefully walked to the door, but...

"YAAAAHHH!!!"

The towel slipped, and both of us turned redder than before. He hurriedly fixed it and ran outside.

What did I just saw?

Not once, but twice.

I realized that I need to be quick or I will be late for school. I took a shower and put on my uniform before heading to the dining table to have a quick breakfast. Heota finished eating first so he got up and just waited for me at the door. There is still an awkwardness between us about what happened earlier. We walked silently to school without even glancing at each other.

When we reached school, we're still ten minutes early for class so I still have time to get my stuff in my locker. Heota went straight to the classroom. I opened my locker and noticed a pink note there.

Will

Hmm... I looked at it confused and just placed it in my skirt's pocket. Then I remembered something.

The sign!

I smiled to myself. I wanted to laugh, actually. But I tried my best to put my poker face on. I have decided already. Nothing's gonna change this now. I put on the lock after getting all the things I need and walked to the hallway going to our classroom. Then, I saw the next pink notes on the walls. It confirmed that it's for me because there's a small scribbling of my name on the lower right end of each paper.

You

Go

To

Then I saw the pink poster posted on the bulletin board with PROM written in bold letters. It's an announcement for the prom. So witty at making use of this, huh?

Walking to the classroom, I noticed another sticky note.

With

I finally reached the class and saw him waiting at the door, with a rose in hand and another pink note with the word 'Me' on the other one. He's smiling at me and I can't help but blush.

There.

Standing in front of me.

 

Is Minhyuk.

 

Lee Minhyuk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My long-time crush.