Chapter 7

Your Eyes On Me

Sohee's POV

I couldn't sleep that night thinking about Lee Minhyuk who is sleeping downstairs. It felt like a dream. We are sleeping under the same roof. But still...

I sighed. So near, yet so far.

I rolled on the other side of my bed and was faced by Minhyuk. Well...Minhyuk's photo.

I sighed again. Good thing I didn't let him go here in my room or my crush on him will be found out. Staring at his photo for about an hour, my eyelids started to get heavy and finally sleep found me.

 

I woke up around ten in the morning feeling refreshed. Then I realized that he could still be downstairs. Or not...

I'll be gone tomorrow morning when you wake up.

No. I'm hoping Minhyuk is still there sleeping, or maybe watching television.

I ran downstairs excitedly but was greeted by a neatly folded blanket on the couch. I walked closer and found that there's a note on it.

Lizzy,

Thank you for letting me stay last night and you even tried to cure my wounds. I won't bother you anymore and the moment you're reading this, I'm already on my way home...or maybe already sleeping on my own bed (if that's how long you sleep during the weekends!). Haha!

Anyway, I took some money from your wallet which you left near the coffee table so I can take a cab home. I hope you don't mind. I will just pay you on Monday, with interest. I promise! Don't get mad at me...please?

Thank you again! :)

- Minhyuk

I smiled after reading it. At least, he left a note.

I went to the kitchen to prepare my brunch, and I think no one can take away the smile on my face that time as I cook while humming my favorite song. Such a good way to start the day!

 

Minhyuk's POV

I arrived at our house around nine in the morning, and I guessed my parents already left our house to go to our family restaurant. They are such workaholics. They are always working even on weekends when they have the day off from the office, leaving me and my sister without nothing to do at home.

I sneaked through the back door just to be sure that no one will see me and went up the stairs. Since I still have a lot of wounds and can't walk properly, my sister caught me halfway.

"Where were you last night?" She was standing on the top of the staircase looking down at me. "And where did you get those wounds?"

"Aren't you going to help your beloved oppa to go to his room since he can't walk properly?" I tried my aegyo on her which always works... but I think not this time. Uh-oh.

"I already covered up for you when Mom and Dad were looking for you last night. I told them that you were in Yukwon's house doing some group project." He crossed her arms in front of her.

"Thanks, you're the best!" I smiled before trying to go up the stairs and she just watched me until I reached the second floor.

"Now, will you answer me? What happened to you?" She held my arm, and she is too strong for me right now given my condition.

"Let's talk about it in my room." I told her and she nodded, finally helping me walk.

 

"Han Seungyeon's brother beat you up?!" Aeri exclaimed. "I told you not to play with girls anymore! Now, that's what you got!"

"I wasn't expecting it, okay?" I plopped on my bed. "She had the guts to tell her brother since she's not going to our school anymore. She transferred to another school after I broke up with her. Tch!"

She sighed. "I hope you learned your lesson."

"But you know what..." I looked up at my sister and grinned. 

"What?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I've got to spend some time with my girl." The grin is now plastered on my face.

"Your girl?! Who?"

"Who else?" I grabbed the picture frame on my nightstand and showed it to my dear sister.

"You're kidding!" She just laughed. "I think Han Seungyeon's brother hit you hard on the head."

"No, I'm not. In fact, she's the one who cleaned my wounds!"

"You can't fool me, oppa!"

"It's true!"

"Really?! You're not kidding me? You're not daydreaming?" Aeri asked me. "Kwon Sohee as in your classmate and seatmate?"

I nodded.

"Kwon Sohee as in The Achiever Girl in school?"

I nodded again.

"Kwon Sohee as in your dream girl since seventh grade?"

Another nod.

"Kwon Sohee as in the reason why you always intentionally leave one question in tests unanswered so she'll top the class and not you?"

Another one.

"Kwon Sohee as in your Lizzy?"

I nod and nod and nod.

She squealed and jumped on the bed beside me. "How did she..."

I told her how I ended up in Sohee's house last night. Even though it's not obvious when we are in school, my sister and I are so close like this at home, telling each other our secrets and nothing comes untold. And yes, I always tell her about Sohee, whom I have a crush on ever since we became classmates.

"Seriously, oppa..."

"What?" I looked at her.

"You might be only making up this story." She mumbled. "Because it's too good to be true."

"I'm not making this up, Aeri."

"Pssh... So unbelievable."

"Okay." I pursed my lips. "If I'm just making this up, I'll be your slave for a month. At home and in school! And... if I'm telling the truth..." I smirked. "I will tell the whole school how much you like my friend Woo Jiho."

She widened her eyes in shock, as what I am expecting.

"NOOOOOO!" She exclaimed. "Okay, okay. I'll believe you! But please, keep it a secret." She sat up on the bed and faced me, showing her puppy eyes.

I laughed at my sister. I really know how to blackmail her. "The Perfect Girl Lee Aeri having a crush on The Delinquent Woo Jiho? Wow. That's a huge issue in school. I'm wondering how your bestfriend Yoseob will react to this, seeing that he is obviously head-over-heels for you."

"I told you, I already believe you!" She grabbed a pillow and was about to hit me. "Hey! I'm injured here!"

"If someone will know about it..." She narrowed her eyes. "You're dead!"

"Why won't you just confess to him? Jiho also likes you, anyway." I chuckled. "Though, that still needs my permission if I would allow him to date my precious little sister."

She just rolled her eyes and went towards the door.

"Aeri-yah~ can we have a study session and teach me for my test on Monday?" I imitated Jiho's aegyo voice while trying not to laugh out loud, but eventually ended up bursting into a fit of laughter.

"YAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" She screamed and stormed off, slamming my room's door. That's how we show our love to each other. Too much sibling love.

I looked down at my hands and felt that I'm still holding the picture frame with Sohee's photo, and smiled.