Chapter 22

Your Eyes On Me

Sohee's POV

"Come with me." Jihyun said as she pulled me from my seat.

I pulled away from her. "Why?"

"Just go with me."

"I don't want to. Who knows where you will bring me." After the incident that happened in the cafeteria when she poured water all over me, my hatred towards her grew. I won't trust her this time.

She sighed. "If you don't want to make a scene, just go with me." She glared at me before signaling to look behind me. I turned around. Her friends are there watching us. "It's five versus one."

I bit my lip praying that Heota will come back quickly. However, Jihyun pulled me again and all I could do is to follow her. She is a lot stronger than me, and I'm afraid of what her friends might do if I did not follow. We walked towards another hall where there are only a few people. It has this huge door going to the garden where there seems to be a pathway lighted with beautiful lamps.

Jihyun stopped her tracks and let go of my arm. "Go outside and follow that path."

"Huh?" I looked at her with confused eyes.

"Follow that path. He's waiting for you there." She started to walk away.

"Wait." She turned around. "Who's waiting for me?"

"You'll see." She smiled at me before leaving me there.

I scrunched up my eyebrows before following the path she was referring to. I looked around to make sure that there are still people who can help me if I get in trouble. I continued walking until I saw that the walkway ends at the gazebo in the middle of the garden. I stopped my tracks when I spotted a guy standing there.

Could it be...?

 

Jihyun's POV

I know that she hates me after what I have done to her last time.

"Sorry." I mumbled as I walk away. I hope this will make up for that. I went to the other side of the hotel where he was waiting for me.

"Thank you, Jihyun." He smiled at me.

"They probably saw each other now." I told him.

"Thank you for this help."

I'm really smitten by your charm that I would do anything just to make you smile. The moment I saw you in school, my heart told me that you are the one.

You are the one who will make my heart beat faster than normal.

You are the one who will make me smile.

You are the one who will make me change my ways of fooling around with guys.

You are the one who I will truly love.

"I'm going back. Will you come?" He interrupted my thoughts.

"Uhmm... yeah." I nodded and followed him. I tried to catch his pace and walk beside him. "Hey..."

"Yes?" He looked at me from the side.

"I'm curious. Why did you do it?"

He smiled. "I believe that they are the ones meant for each other."

"I thought you like her?"

"Yes, I like her."

My heart ached a little, but made sure he did not notice.

He continued. "But his love for her is more than my feelings towards Sohee. Besides, I can see clearly that she likes him, too."

I kept quiet after that. I had nothing to say. His sacrifice made me like him even more.

We stopped walking as we reached the prom hall. He looked at me and smiled again. I won't mind, anyway. I can live with that smile every single minute of my life.

"Thank you." He kissed me on the cheek before going to his friends. My hand unconsciously went to where he kissed me, while I stared at his back as he walked cooly towards Jiho and the others. They hugged each other as Jiho gave him a pat on the back.

I'll be waiting for you to notice me again.

I turned around and searched for my friends in the crowd.

 


Please don't kill me, but this is going to end really really soon! :'(

Anyway, thank you for supporting this story of mine. I really appreciate all your comments, upvotes, and the dedication to read this. <3 You can also add me as a friend if you want! ;)

Thank you for staying with me~