Chapter 9

Your Eyes On Me

Minhyuk's POV

The bell rang indicating that it is now time for lunch break. Our teacher told us our homework for tomorrow before going out of the classroom. I mentally took note of it before glancing over Kwon Sohee. She just finished writing on her planner and bit her lip cutely. Maybe she has a lot to do later? But anyway, she looks really cute. She put all her things inside her bag and zipped it up after, and I quickly grabbed her bag and stood up, while slinging my bag on my shoulder.

"Hey, that's mine." She called out.

I looked at her and smiled. "You're going to have lunch me with, right? Might as well carry your bag."

"You don't have to."

"I'm trying to be a gentleman here. And I don't usually carry a girl's bag, except if my sister nags me to carry hers so be proud." I gave Sohee a wink.

"B-But..."

"Come on." I pulled her arm. I walked towards the door with her but looked back at Yull, Junhee, and Yeonju. "I'll be taking Sohee to lunch today. I hope you don't mind." I smiled at them. "Just ask Yana about the details."

All of them beamed.

"Sure! Enjoy lunch!" Junhee said and I nodded.

Sohee was about to say something but I pulled her outside the room before she gives Junhee a glare.

"Come on. You already agreed earlier." I told her while still holding her arm.

"But the students might get the wrong idea." She looked down.

I raised an eyebrow. "And what's that?"

"That you..." She pointed at me. "...and me are..."

"Dating?" I finished her sentence.

"Errrmm...yeah." She whispered.

I pursed my lips and sighed. "Don't mind them." I let go of her arm and took her hand instead. "Let's go."

She lowered her head while walking beside me. I know she can feel all the stares we are getting from the other students making her uncomfortable. I sighed. "We're not dating, okay? We're just having lunch as friends." I announced and I felt the atmosphere a little less awkward. "Better?" I asked Sohee.

She just nodded her head. We continued walking to the cafeteria but she tugged my shirt halfway. "Minhyuk-sshi."

"Yeah?"

"I'll just put my things in my locker." She pointed to the locker area using her free hand, the one I'm not holding.

"Okay." 

Both of us went towards her locker. I gave Sohee her bag and let go of her hand. After putting all her things and locking it, she looked at me. "Aren't you going to put your things on your locker? Isn't your bag heavy?" She asked me.

"Nope. It's not that heavy. And besides, my locker is full of letters from girls and I'm too lazy to clean it up. I'll just leave it that way." I shrugged.

"Love letters?"

"Yeah. Are you sending as well?" I joked.

"N-No!" She quickly answered. "Of course, not!"

"Well, that's good. At least I know that I'm not missing on Kwon Sohee's love letters. And, you can just tell me about your feelings. We're seatmates anyway." I smirked.

She rolled her eyes.

"Come on. I'm just joking." I held her hand again and walked towards the cafeteria.

I searched for a vacant table and led Sohee there when I found one.

"You're not sitting with your friends?" She asked me.

"No. I'm with you right now." I smiled. "Also, they are too rowdy. I bet you won't like how noisy they can get."

Sohee nodded and smiled. I'm really hoping I'm now getting good impression from her.

"So...what do you want to eat? I'll order for you." I asked her.

"Anything."

I frowned. "Don't be like that. Tell me what you want."

"Just order the same as you." Sohee said.

"Are you sure? I'm a growing man so I eat a lot!" I proudly said. "Are you sure it's okay with you? Aren't you on a...diet?"

"What diet?!" She laughed.

"Because girls usually just eat salad...based on my observation." I tapped my mouth with my finger.

"Well, consider me as an exemption. I love to eat!" She beamed.

I chuckled. "Now I couldn't see any difference between you and my sister."

"What are you saying?!" I felt someone hit my head. I turned around and saw Aeri with her best friend Yoseob.

"Speaking of..." I started but she didn't let me finish.

"What?!" My sister raised an eyebrow. "Don't tell me you're making up stories about me..."

"Am not."

"Good." She smirked as she glanced over Sohee. "By the way, mind introducing me to your new girlfriend?" I can feel her eyes teasing me.

I looked back at Sohee and she widened her eyes at Aeri's remark.

"Yah! We're not dating, okay?!" I defended.

"Then what are you two doing having lunch together looking like a cute couple?" Aeri teased.

I noticed Yoseob standing behind Aeri. I smirked at my sister. "Then tell me what are you two doing hanging out almost everyday looking like a cute couple that are so in love with each other?"

I saw Yoseob's ears turning pink and I chuckled. He really likes Aeri.

"Whatever!" My sister rolled her eyes at me and pulled Yoseob away from us. "Bye boo!"

"Bye my dear sister~" I gave her a flying kiss. "See you later!"

I turned to Sohee and I saw her laughing. I smiled at how cute and pretty she is.

"You guys are really funny." She smiled at me. "What does it feel to have a sibling?"

I shrugged. "A bit chaotic, I guess. But you'll eventually get used to it."

She just nodded.

"I think it's time for me to order our food. Are you already hungry?" I asked Sohee.

"Sure."

"Okay. Just stay here. I'll be back with lots of food!" I winked at her before walking towards the counter.


Please tell me about any typographical error in this chapter because I wrote it directly here :/

And... I'm really sorry for not updating these past few days...or weeks? But here you go~!!! Hahaha! :D

Keep on commenting (and upvoting!) Love you~~