Chapter 2

Your Eyes On Me

Sohee's POV

I spent the day listening to the teachers introducing themselves, and giving some class rules and policies. Lunch time was like the usual lunch time, though there are some fresh faces. Newbies. A lot of them are 7th graders. I told my friends how happy I am to be seated with my long-time crush and even teased Hayana about her seat next to Jaehyo. She just smiled at me. Maybe they are in good terms these days.

I was taking some notes when Miss Oh, our Physics teacher, was explaining the grading system. I heard Jiho laughed and it made me look at him. He was laughing at me. 

"What are you doing?" He asked me in a whisper.

I answered him, whispering also. "Taking down notes. Is there something wrong with that?"

"It's just the grading system, Miss Kwon Sohee. Who cares about that now?"

"Me. I care. Getting high grades is my life."

"Woo Jiho and Kwon Sohee." Miss Oh looks a bit pissed. "Why don't you share your stories to the whole class?"

The class turned their heads to look at the two of us. I lowered my head. "Sorry, Miss Oh."

She continued explaining after I said sorry, and I glared at Jiho. I mouthed "It's your fault" to him. He just shrugged it off and smirked. This guy could be Mr. Smirk. He is always smirking.

Annoyed, I turned around to the other side and saw Seungyeon pass a note to Minhyuk. He opened it and read what is written inside. He wrote something and gave it back to Seungyeon with a wink. She took it with a flirty smile and read it. I wonder what is written there.

I slumped back on my chair and continued listening to Miss Oh. I saw Jiho typing something in his phone. Maybe he is texting his girls. Then, on my right side, there is Minhyuk who is writing again on Seungyeon's paper. I glanced at the wall clock near the chalkboard. Okay, five more minutes before dismissal. I can't wait for the bell to ring!

I just stared at the clock for the remaining five minutes. Then, I heard Minhyuk whispering to himself, "15, 14, 13..." I looked at him, making him glance at me. He has this look saying "What's wrong?" I shook my head and turned to look again at the clock. I heard Minhyuk again. "4, 3, 2, 1." And the bell rang.

He quickly stood up and eyed Seungyeon. I'm putting all my things inside my bag when I heard their conversation.

"Meet me at the club later. SAAB, 9pm." Minhyuk said to Seungyeon. 

She gave him the flirtiest smile I have ever seen. "Sure, Minhyukkie~ See you!"

She aimed to kiss Minhyuk's cheek but he had already turned around to join his other friends who are now exiting the classroom. Seungyeon pouted, and grabbed her bag immediately. She also went outside the room. Is she going to follow him? Such a clingy girl!

"Sohee." Hayana patted my shoulder. I turned around.

"Yes?"

"Getting closer with Jiho, huh?" She laughed.

"Not funny. I was scolded by Miss Oh earlier because of him."

Hayana continued laughing. "Yeah. Kwon Sohee was scolded by a teacher. Not the usual thing. It's a world record, babe." She patted my head. "Don't worry, it won't kill you. You should at least taint your clean record once in a while."

"I won't. It's the first and last, Yana." I said to her.

She just shrugged it off and smiled at Junhee, Yeonju and Yull who are now in front of us.

"What's wrong with Sohee?" Yeonju asked.

"I was just telling her that what happened earlier with Miss Oh is not a big deal." Hayana explained.

Junhee looked at me and scrunched her eyebrows. "It's just normal...but Sohee is not the average girl so I think it's a huuuuuge thing for her."

All of them laughed. 

"Come on. I'll prepare a strawberry milk shake for you Sohee." Yull smiled at me. "To refresh your mind."

I brightened up with what she said. I love strawberry! I love strawberry milk shake. My friends really know that it is my weakness. I can't say no to a strawberry milk shake.

We all left the school and went to Yull's apartment. It is our usual hang-out place especially when we don't have homeworks to do. It is also very near the school so we can just go there after classes before going to our own houses.

Yull prepared a strawberry milk shake for me, and chocolate shake for everyone. It is only me who is so addicted to strawberry among the five of us. They all prefer chocolate. That is good for me. The strawberries are all mine!

After some chat, we decided to go to home already since tomorrow is another school day. Minhyuk's picture posted on my cork board greeted me when I went inside my own room. It's almost three years already that I have been crushing on him. I took the picture and lied down on my bed, staring at his beautiful face.

When can Minhyuk notice me? 

I slapped my head. How can I think of it when I am not doing anything for him to notice. Well...he looked at me earlier. That can be a start, right?

I slapped my head again. No, Sohee. He is actually busy flirting with Han Seungyeon earlier, and they are meeting later at the club. Later at 9pm. But... what's Saab? Hmm... I should ask Hayana. She might know.