Chapter 8

Your Eyes On Me

Sohee's POV

Monday morning once again. I walked to the classroom with Junhee a bit earlier than we usually do. When I told my friends about what happened with Minhyuk, Junhee insisted that she needs to hear it from me personally. Thank God, we are the only ones in the room right now, and I can still talk about him freely. I sat on my usual seat while Junhee grabbed the chair in front of my desk and sat there, facing me.

"So..." Junhee smiled. "...what happened after you woke up?"

"Well... he already left. I didn't see him in the morning."

"That's it?" Dissatisfaction crossed her face.

"He just left a note." I shrugged.

She brightened again upon hearing about the note. "What does the note say?"

"He thanked me and told me that he got money from my wallet. But... he'll pay today."

"It's not a bad start for you to get closer to him." Junhee said.

I just nodded.

A few minutes after, our classmates are starting to go inside the classroom and I'm thankful that I already finished telling the story to Junhee. I saw Hayana making a bee-line towards us with a huge smile on her face, with Jaehyo following her behind.

"Hey..." Hayana greeted us, looking at Junhee first then eyed me. She sat on Jiho's desk while Jaehyo just stood beside her.

"What?" I asked her.

"Uhmm... Nothing." She shook her head. "I just have this feeling that you'll have a great day head."

Jaehyo chuckled and smiled at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the couple before looking at Junhee. However, Junhee mouthed to me that she doesn't know anything about what Hayana is saying.

"Just wait." Hayana grinned.

"You're not trying a prank on me, are you?"

She waved her hands in defense. "Of course I'm not." She glanced at the doorway and her grin widen more, if that's even possible. "Enjoy!" She gave me a wink before pulling Jaehyo to their seats.

Before I could even react, I felt something was placed on my desk. I turned to look at the other side and saw a strawberry milk shake from the cafe near our school on my desk. I looked up and saw Minhyuk smiling at me. He doesn't look like he has been beaten up just a few days ago. He's looking fine right now.

"Thanks again." He scratched the back of his neck. "I-It's a 'thank you' gift." Minhyuk gave me that smile I'm always dying to see as he pointed at the milk shake on my desk.

"You don't have to-"

"Just...accept it, please? It's your favorite, anyway." He put his bag on his own desk and faced me again. "And... here's the money I took from your wallet. Really sorry for that." He handed me some bills but I shook my head.

"No, it's okay. Just see it as a friendly help." I smiled.

He sat on his chair and faced me again. "Okay. If that's what you want. But you should at least accept that strawberry mik shake!"

I chuckled and took it. "Okay."

"Hmm..." His face looked like an idea just came to his mind. "Since you did not accept the money, let me just treat you to lunch later."

I opened my mouth to respond but was cut off by Minhyuk.

"Don't ever think about rejecting this offer. Everyone loves free lunch, right?" He showed his dimple this time. "Yes? Or...yes?"

I laughed at his cuteness.

"I'll take that as a yes!" He smiled triumphantly.

"Fine." I smiled as I took a sip from the cup of milk shake Minhyuk has given me. I looked around only to see Junhee giggling with Yull, maybe telling her what had just happened. I looked at Hayana's direction and she is giving me a thumbs up together with Jaehyo. I tried to give them a killer glare but deep inside, I'm actually thanking them. Hayana probably told Minhyuk that I love strawberry milk shake more than anything else.

"Is it good?" I heard Minhyuk asked me.

"Hmm?" He pointed at the cup I'm holding. "Ah, yes yes."

"Good. Because I'm going to take my money back from the cafe if it's not." He let out a chuckle.

I looked at his face and saw that the bruises were no longer visible. "You're looking good. You look like you were not mugged a few days ago."

He smiled sheepishly. "Aeri's concealer really works. I should thank her for lending me this." He took a concealer stick from his pants' pocket. "And also thanks to our genes for letting us have almost the same skin color."

I laughed.

I think I'm falling more and more for him. I didn't know he has this cheerful side of him because he always looks so cold to everyone.