Chapter 10

Your Eyes On Me

Sohee's POV

"I think it's time for me to order our food. Are you already hungry?" Minhyuk asked me.

"Sure." I answered.

"Okay. Just stay here. I'll be back with lots of food!" He winked at me before leaving. Oh my gosh, my heart!

"Look who's flirting with Minhyuk oppa."

I looked up to see Nam Jihyun and her friends standing in front of me, her hands crossed over her chest and her eyes glaring at me.

"I'm not flirting with him..." I told her.

Hyuna interrupted. "The nerdy Kwon Sohee acting so innocent~"

"If you don't want any trouble, go away from Minhyuk oppa now." Jihyun continued glaring at me.

"B-But..." I tried to defend myself but one of her friends cut me off.

"Don't worry Jihyun. Minhyuk oppa will probably get tired of her within this week." Gayoon said and came closer to me. "Just look her. There's nothing special about her. Minhyuk oppa doesn't date girls who are too boring."

"Hmph! Whatever." Jihyun rolled her eyes. "I'm getting back with Minhyuk so watch your actions, Kwon Sohee." She warned me before pouring water over my head from the bottle she is holding.

I just gasped at her actions and closed my eyes. Then I heard someone shouted my name.

"Sohee!"

I can't open my eyes due to embarrassment. No one should see me like this, especially the guy I've been crushing on since eighth grade.

A few moments later, I heard a slap. I finally opened my eyes and saw Yull bravely standing in front of Jihyun who is now cupping her left cheek with both hands. 

Yull slapped Jihyun?!

"Who do you think you are to slap me like that?!" Jihyun said between gritted teeth.

"And who do you think you are to pour water all over Sohee?!" Yull retorted back.

I felt Junhee wiping my face with her handkerchief, and Yeonju nudging me to stand up.

"Don't ever lay your hands again on my friend, or I'll swear..." Sohyun started but Yull cut her off.

"What?! I'm not afraid of you." She raised an eyebrow. "I'll even gladly have another slap for her other cheek for a natural blush-on."

"How dare you..."

"But I have no time for that. I have more important things to do than be involved with you, ty schoolgirls." Yull spat before turning around to face me. She wrapped an arm around my shoulder and led me towards the cafeteria's door while Junhee and Yeonju followed.

"Yull..." I whispered to her but she didn't respond. Instead, she just continued walking but stopped when someone blocked our way. I looked up to see...

"Minhyuk..." I whispered.

"What happened?!" He was in shock.

"Tame your girlfriends." Yull glared at him before she walked past Minhyuk, her arms still wrapped around my shoulder.

"Wait." I felt Minhyuk took my free hand to stop us from leaving. "Can you please explain?"

Yull looked back. "Well, one of your girlfriends poured water all over my friend. I shouldn't have trusted you to take her to lunch."

"W-What?" Minhyuk was still confused, but already let go of my hand.

Yull didn’t answer him and continued walking.

“I’m sorry, but it’s best that you don’t associate yourself with Sohee for the mean time.” I heard Junhee told Minhyuk.

“Yeah. Until you’ve cleared everything with all of your girlfriends.” Yeonju added before following us outside the cafeteria and towards the comfort room.

 

“Hey, Sohee. You alright?” Yeonju asked me.

I simply nodded, but Yull burst out. “No. She’s clearly not okay! Look at what Nam Jihyun did to her!!!” I saw her clenched her fists.

“Calm down, Yuri.” Junhee gently patted her back.

After a few minutes of silence, Yull seemed to have calmed down already. “You can’t go to class in your wet clothes.” She pointed at me.

I bit my lip. “Well…”

“I have an extra PE uniform in my locker. I think it will do for today.” Yeonju beamed. “I’ll go get it!”

But before Yeonju could go out of the girls’ comfort room, Lee Aeri went inside and smiled when she saw me.

“There you are.” She said and went closer. “I saw what happened…and I’m sorry I wasn’t able to do anything.” She scratched the back of her neck.

“It’s okay.” I gave her a reassuring smile.

“Anyway… The reason why I came here looking for you is to give you this.” Aeri handed me some clothes that looks like a PE uniform. “This is Minhyuk oppa’s extra PE uniform, and he told me to give this you. He’s really sorry for what happened.”

“Sohee doesn’t need that.” Yull pushed her hand away. “Yeonju, please get yours now. We’ll be late for class.” She ordered Yeonju.

Yeonju nodded and glanced over at Aeri before running to the locker room.

“If you don’t need this, then I’ll just go.” Aeri bowed to us and left.

“You shouldn’t have turned down Aeri like that.” Junhee told Yull.

“I didn’t turn her down. I turned Minhyuk’s offer down.” Yull shrugged.

“He’s not Nam Jihyun, Yuri! You should be mad at Nam Jihyun, not Minhyuk.” Junhee said.

“He’s still the reason why this happened to Sohee.”

“But he’s the guy Sohee likes…” Junhee reasoned out, and I blushed at this.

“I know… and I’m sorry, Sohee. I just couldn’t help to be angry like that after what Jihyun did to you.”

“No, it’s okay.” I smiled at Yull. “Maybe I’m not really meant to associate myself with, or even be close to, Minhyuk.”

Yull held my hands and looked at me in the eyes. “I’m really sorry, Sohee…”

“It’s really okay.” I assured her. “And I should be thanking you for standing up for me earlier. I don’t even know what I would do back there.”

“Here’s my uniform!” Yeonju came back and handed me her clothes.

I took it and changed before all of us went back to our classroom.

“By the way, where’s Yana?” I asked.

“As usual, having lovey-dovey moments with her Jaehyo.” Junhee chuckled.