Chapter 18

Your Eyes On Me

Jiho's POV

I didn't know that it will end up like this. I saw B-bomb walk past me together with Yukwon. They are completely ignoring Kyung and I after what happened last weekend. Well, it's just mostly B-bomb doing it. He really got angry with us. I sighed as I lazily put my sneakers inside my locker and headed to the cafeteria since it will be lunch break in ten minutes. We were dismissed early in class that I still had the time to walk leisurely without the usual bunch of noisy students loitering around the hallways. It's just those who are also dismissed early and some student council officers who got their free time to roam around the campus. I wasn't really paying attention to anything on my way there and the next thing I knew, I was being pulled into an empty classroom.

I pushed the person away but I started to panic when I saw who it is.

"Ouch!" Aeri hissed in pain as she tried to get up on the floor after I pushed her.

"Sorry, I'm sorry." I held her hand to help her. "I'm really sorry. Where is it hurting?"

"Don't mind it." She said as she awkwardly pulled her hand away from mine. "I have more important things to ask from you."

"What is it?" I looked at her. She still looks so beautiful even in the dark. Oh wait. "Why are we here, anyway?"

"It's about my brother."

"Oh. B-bomb."

"B-bomb..?"

"He got a new nickname because we have a new classmate with the same name." I told her.

"Oh, I see." She walked to the nearest table and sat on it. "Back to my brother. He's been acting so weird since he got home last weekend. He even told me to stay away from you, that's why I pulled you here...so no one can see us together."

"W-What?! He told you that?"

She nodded. "I wanted to know why but he's not giving me reasonable answers so I thought about asking you."

"Well..." I started talking about what happened last weekend in Jaebum hyung's place.

 

"We're here!" I greeted the guys happily as I threw them the bag of snacks we bought.

"WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?!" I saw B-bomb glaring at the person behind me.

"He's an old friend of us... Jiho, me, and Jaebum hyung." Kyung explained.

More confused looks were thrown at us. Jaebum hyung stood up and eyed Heota. "H-Heota?"

The two grinned before hugging each other tightly.

"My little boy is now a grown-up man!" Jaebum hyung patted his back. "Look! You're now a bit taller than me!!!"

"I'm going." B-bomb suddenly blurted out as he stood up from his seat and walked past us.

"Hey, where you goin' man?" Jaebum hyung asked him.

"I don't feel like hanging out here anymore." B-bomb then glared at me. "Thanks for replacing me, huh?"

"What are you saying?" I glared back. "He's an old friend, and no, we're not replacing you."

"I don't like him and I don't want to be with him in the same room. You guys choose between the two of us."

Everyone was taken aback with what B-bomb had said. He can't be serious! He's being so unreasonable.

"Wait. I don't get it." Jaebum hyung said.

"Sorry. I ruined your day. I'll just go and continue what you're doing before I got here. Let's just pretend this did not happen." Heota calmly told everyone.

"No. No one is leaving!" I half-screamed. "You're being such a baby! You became too unreasonable just because you are jealous of Heota. He didn't even do anything wrong!" I clenched my fist with anger.

"Yes, I'm jealous. And no. He didn't do anything wrong to me? He basically stole everything from me! Sohee, my freedom to use my birth name, and even you, my so-called friends!" He also raised his voice.

"Wait, wait. Calm down guys!" Jaebum hyung tried to separate us but I already got a hold of B-bomb's shirt and punched him. That's what he needs to stop being the brat that he is.

Everyone was shocked causing them to help Jaebum hyung in calming us down.

"You dared punch me?! Huh?!" B-bomb was able to push the other guys away from him and made his fist land on my face.

"STOP IT!!!" Jihoon's voice roared in the room causing everyone to be silent. 'We're all friends here. We should not be fighting with each other!"

"No, Jihoon. We were friends, but from now on, we are not." B-bomb glared back at me. "Taking his side? Fine. Pretend we don't know each other. I'm leaving."

"Then leave." I shouted at him. I could feel all the blood rushed down my nerves. I watched him go as Yukwon followed behind him. "I don't consider unreasonable brats as my friends, anyway."

The others tried to calm me down after the two left Jaebum's place.

 

"He's gone mental." Aeri said after I finished telling her about what happened. "I couldn't believe it."

I just shrugged before leaning on the wall behind me.

"I'm on your side. And you're right. My brother is being too unreasonable." She smiled at me making my heart skip a beat.

"I think love makes people too blind and irrational." Those words slipped my tongue, but she just laughed it off.

"You think? For me, it's the person's choice. If you get too attached to and dependent on the one you love, you will start to act too irrational that you will just end up hurting other people around you." She shifted her gaze from me to the window. "Why am I saying it to you? You won't care about this anyway, because..." She stopped.

"Because?"

"Don't get mad." She bit her lower lip and looked at me with her puppy eyes. Too adorable! Who could resist that?

I nodded my head and smiled telling her that I won't.

Aeri sighed before continuing. "Because you're the type of guy who doesn't know what attachment is. You don't know what a real relationship is. You don't..."

Before she could even say anything more, I walked towards the table where she is sitting and leaned down, my hands on her both sides, our faces only inches apart.

"Don't continue. It hurts to hear it from you." I whispered before closing my eyes to close the distance between us.

I waited for our lips to meet, but...

"Clang, clang!"

It didn't happen.

"That's the after-lunch bell." Aeri said, making me pull away from her. She got off from the table and opened the classroom's door. I followed behind but soon caught up to walk beside her.

She stopped when we're already near my classroom. "I'm sorry, I took your lunch break. You were not able to eat because of me."

I put my hands in my jeans' pockets. "Don't worry about that." I don't mind spending some time with you.

"Okay." She smiled before pushing me towards my classroom. "Go inside. You'll be late. I'll just buy you food and bring it here. What do you want?"

You. I smiled at the back of my mind. "Anything."

"All right!" She made a thumbs up sign. "Lunch for Woo Jiho to be delivered right away!"

"But how? You still have class, and..."

She flashed her student council card in front of me. "Everything's taken care of, Mister!"

Right. I forgot that she is part of the student council and the officers have this card that seems like a free pass to anything in this school. I smiled as I saw her jog towards the cafeteria. Actually, giving me that kiss would be enough.

 

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but she's already dating Yang Yoseob."

My smile faded as I turned around to look at the owner of the voice.

B-bomb.