Chapter 14

Your Eyes On Me

Minhyuk's POV

I noticed how Sohee is blushing as I leaned closer to her. I feel so tempted to kiss her right here, but I don't want this to go too fast. She might get the wrong message. I gulped before I open my mouth to say something.

"I'm going to get a drink. Do you want some?" I asked her while still leaning so close to her.

She blinked a few times. "Err.. I really don't drink alcoholic beverages. If it's okay, can you get me a Coke?"

"Okay. Stay here. I'll be right back!" I winked at her before going to the bar.

 

I came back with my favorite beer and a can of Coke for Sohee. Sitting down beside her, she gave me a small smile.

"Here's your Coke." I opened it before giving the can to her.

"Thanks!"

Awkward silence came after. I feel the need to start a conversation because I want to get to know Sohee better. And, I want to get her attention. I want her to think different of me--a lot different from the easy-go-lucky campus playboy status written on my forehead.

"Hey. Do you want to play a game?" I started.

"What game?"

"Twenty questions." I smiled at her.

"Oh." She seemed to think for a while. "Uhmm... Okay..."

"Great! Go ask me a question. Ladies first." I said enthusiastically. "But no lame questions like favorite color or favorite food, ne?" I added.

"Hmm... Well... How did you know about Pride and Prejudice? You keep on calling me Lizzy... and... don't get me wrong but-"

"But it doesn't suit my badboy image reading classics like that?" I finished her question. She nodded eagerly and looked at me. "Do you really want to know?"

"Yes!"

I scooted closer and wrapped my arm around her shoulders whispering to her ear. "It's a secret hobby. Don't tell anyone. Even my friends don't know about that." I watched her reaction and she turned her head to the side to face me. We're so close now...and I like it.

"It really doesn't suit you..." She told me.

"I know, right? That's why I'm keeping it as a secret. My image in the school will be ruined." Both of us laughed. "It's my turn." I smirked.

"Go on."

"What do you like best in a guy? Just give one, okay." I made sure I will be able to hear every word she will say.

"Well...I really like a guy with a charming smile."

Noted! I'll keep that in mind. I'll give you my most charming smile always. 

She shifted her position, but I made sure to still hold her close.

"My turn! What do you like best in a girl?"

"Returning the question, huh?" I chuckled.

"Just answer it."

"Okay, okay." I smiled when I saw her looking at me and made sure to show my dimple. My sister Aeri told me once that it really makes me cute and charming. I drank my beer before answering. "I may have dated random ty girls in the past, but I really like smart girls...like you." I looked at her in the eyes and ran my hands through her silky hair.

"Uhmm... ermm..." She averted her eyes from me as she blushed. How cute!

She looked at her phone and tried to stand up, but I held her wrist.

"We're not done yet." I pouted.

"Errr... I need to be home by 11pm. Sorry." She said as she stood up.

"Then, let me take you home." I offered.

 

Sohee's POV

"No. It's fine. I'm going with my friends." I told Minhyuk before going to where Yull, Junhee, and Yeonju are. Well... they are just sitting on the couch across the room so I can't really escape Minhyuk.

"We're going already?" Junhee asked me when she saw me standing in front of them.

"Yeah. I need to be home by 11pm, right?"

She glanced at her watch. "Oh, okay."

We were about to go when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to be faced by Minhyuk.

"Take care on your way home." He smiled again before leaning closer to me. "Don't forget about our conversation tonight. We're not yet done." He whispered.

I just blinked at him.

"See you tomorrow in class, Sohee-yah!" He said and kissed me on the cheek.

I couldn't help but to blush and stand there frozen in my spot. The next thing I knew was Junhee pulling me outside the club.

"You need to tell us what happened back there!!!" She squealed as we left for the bus station.

 

I can't help but smile thinking about the kiss from Minhyuk. I opened the door in our house still dreaming about my long-time crush when my mom greeted me.

"Sohee! Where have you been? It's good to know that you're already here." She looked at me from head to toe. "What are you wearing?!"

"Errmm..."

I wasn't able to answer because she dragged me in our dining room.

"Never mind. We have much more important things to talk about." 

As we reached the dining room, I noticed four people sitting there, one of them is my father. There is a couple around my parents' age and then a guy around my age. I took a second glance at the guy because he looks familiar. Visitors at this hour?!

"Sit here, Sohee." My dad motioned on the chair beside him. I sat there and my mom brought me an orange juice and a sandwich before taking her own place in the dining table.

"Sohee, this is Mr. and Mrs. Lee. They are close friends of mine." My father said. The couple smiled at me.

"Such a beautiful daughter you have!" Mrs. Lee said, and I just smiled awkwardly.

"And this is their son, Minhyuk." Oh, right! He's the guy in the grocery earlier.

"Hi Sohee! We already met earlier, right? Do you still remember me?" He asked while smiling. Maybe trying to be the friendly guy that he is.

"Uhmm.. yeah, I remember you."

"Mr. and Mrs. Lee will be going in the US for Mr. Lee's medical treatment, but they can't afford to have Minhyuk there as well. I told them that Minhyuk can live here while his parents are abroad. Is that okay with you?" My father asked me.

"He will live here? But where will he sleep?"

"We already had the storage room cleaned this afternoon. It's kinda small, but Minhyuk said that it's all right for him. He'll live here starting today."

"Oh, okay." I said as I took a bite from my sandwich.

"Also, he just transferred in your school and tomorrow will be his first day. You will be his guide, okay? We made sure that he got the same classes that you have." My mother added.

"No problem." I shrugged and finished my food.