Chapter 12

Your Eyes On Me

Sohee's POV

" I think Minhyuk likes Sohee..." Junhee blurted out as we are shopping for food in the grocery. My friends planned for a little pig-out party in Yull's apartment.

I stopped pushing the shopping cart and glared at her. "What are you saying? That will never happen, I swear."

"No! I noticed how he looks at you every single time since you two became seatmates." Junhee explained further.

"I'm betting on it. Minhyuk likes her back." Hayana simply said while taking some popcorn from the shelves.

I felt myself blush as they keep on talking about Minhyuk liking me back. But, but, but... I'm not even as pretty or as y as the girls he dated. I obviously have no chance with him.

"Actually, I can see that Minhyuk looks at Sohee very differently..." Yull said while nodding her head. "Look at how he tried to lend Sohee his extra PE uniform. And he even asked his sister to do that for him!"

"And I thought you are mad at him." I rolled my eyes at Yull.

"Well, thinking about it... he never came to the rescue when his past girlfriends had fights. He usually just laugh at their childish behavior. Your case is the first time he looked like he actually cared for a girl...except for his sister, of course." Yull continued talking while the others agree.

"I actually heard Minhyuk apologizing and trying to talk to her earlier." Yeonju added to the fire.

I decided to continue grocery shopping and leave the four of them in the snacks section. Going to where the beverages are while thinking about my friends' topic earlier about Minhyuk, I bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry. Sorry!" I quickly apologized to the person and bowed my head several times.

"No. I'm sorry. I wasn't looking to where I'm going." The guy said as he looked at me.

I looked at his face finally, and was met by a handsome guy.

"I-I wasn't paying attention as well. I'm sorry." I bowed again.

"Thinking about your boyfriend?" He smiled at me.

"N-No." I stuttered. "I don't even have a boyfriend in the first place." I mumbled shyly.

I saw his smile growing bigger. "Wow! A pretty girl like you doesn't have a boyfriend? I'm surprised."

I chuckled. "Not as pretty as the others, though."

"Oh, c'mon! Don't be too negative about yourself. Anyway, can I know the name of the pretty girl in front of me?" He asked me as he offered his hand for a handshake.

I look at it first before taking it. "Sohee."

"Such a pretty name. But you're much prettier than your name. Minhyuk, by the way. Lee Minhyuk." He smiled showing his chinky eyes forming cute crescents as he held my hand.

I was shocked at his name. Is the world really making fun of me? I mean, of all the names in the whole Korean peninsula, his name would be Minhyuk. Lee Minhyuk to be exact.

"Sohee!" I was startled at the mention of my own name realizing that I'm with my friends doing grocery, and this Minhyuk guy is still holding my hand.

"Oh, oh. Sorry." Minhyuk chuckled letting go of my hand. "He looked over my shoulder before shifting his gaze back to me. "Your friends?"

"Yeah."

"I see. They are probably waiting for you." He smiled again. That cute smile of his... kyaaaaa~

"Yes, yes. I'll go now." I was about to turn around when...

"Wait."

"Huh?" I waited for what he is going to say.

"You're from Joongdong High School, I see..." He pointed at the uniform I'm wearing.

"Oh, yes." I sheepishly smiled.

"Well, see you around." He winked at me making me confused with what he said. See you around? He's not attending the same school, does he? It's the first time I saw him.

"Hey!!!" Junhee interrupted my thoughts.

"Who's that guy?" Hayana asked while eyeing him as he walked away from us. "He's cute."

"Just a random person who bumped into me." I wouldn't tell them about our conversation, especially his name. For sure I will be bombarded with a lot of questions and funny remarks about his name being similar to Minhyuk's.

"Oh." That was Hayana's only comment before her lips formed a wide smile. "Anywaaaay... Our plan changed for tonight! We won't be shopping for food anymore."

"What? Where are we going?" I asked.

"Just come with me!" She winked happily as she dragged me outside the grocery store with the others trailing behind.

I wonder what's the new plan?